carbs are my enemy

Options

Replies

• blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    i am 27 3 kids under 5 go to work, still workout try to eat well but sometimes let food choices get in the way. its not an excuse but when pushed to your limits and your tired. me personally i grab the wrong foods. i hadnt yet learnt that for me i cant eat what i want or the types of foods i want. now my work friend she gorges on mcdonalds every sunday and is as thin as a stick. then i have to keep reminding myself she is thin but unhealthy. but it would be nice to have a thin toned body but also a healthy heart.

i had issues before the babies but the babies made it worse since dieting when pregnant is not an option and working out was hard on my body ( i had severe pelvic pain)

can i just add, since dropping the carb level to 90 increasing fat to 53 and protein to 90 i feel great today, not bloated, better food choices, more water and managed to do my 30 day shred without almost crying!!
    Weight loss is a LOT more than CICO which is one important factor of weight loss...
    Gale, with all due respect, the above statement is misinformation. CICO is the only qualifying factor to weight loss, because if you don't eat less than you burn you will not lose weight. Any other factors have to do with personal preferences or medical conditions that need to be addressed.

If that was factual then overeating would lead to weight gain.

The wild card is there are not three people on the site per my guess that even know how many calories they need to be eating to lose or gain weight but just work of a best guess of some software developer working off of some data that may or may not be valid. If we can get more science into how to eat for best health it would be helpful I expect.

We know many eating 1200 calories daily are doing harm to their health because they are clueless as to how the number was computed or why. CICO is a factor but not the only factor.

Overeating does lead to weight gain. It's fact.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options

???

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    CICO is a factor but not the only factor.

CICO is the driving factor...

• ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    i am 27 3 kids under 5 go to work, still workout try to eat well but sometimes let food choices get in the way. its not an excuse but when pushed to your limits and your tired. me personally i grab the wrong foods. i hadnt yet learnt that for me i cant eat what i want or the types of foods i want. now my work friend she gorges on mcdonalds every sunday and is as thin as a stick. then i have to keep reminding myself she is thin but unhealthy. but it would be nice to have a thin toned body but also a healthy heart.

i had issues before the babies but the babies made it worse since dieting when pregnant is not an option and working out was hard on my body ( i had severe pelvic pain)

can i just add, since dropping the carb level to 90 increasing fat to 53 and protein to 90 i feel great today, not bloated, better food choices, more water and managed to do my 30 day shred without almost crying!!
    Weight loss is a LOT more than CICO which is one important factor of weight loss...
    Gale, with all due respect, the above statement is misinformation. CICO is the only qualifying factor to weight loss, because if you don't eat less than you burn you will not lose weight. Any other factors have to do with personal preferences or medical conditions that need to be addressed.

The wild card is there are not three people on the site per my guess that even know how many calories they need to be eating to lose or gain weight but just work of a best guess of some software developer working off of some data that may or may not be valid. If we can get more science into how to eat for best health it would be helpful I expect.

We know many eating 1200 calories daily are doing harm to their health because they are clueless as to how the number was computed or why. CICO is a factor but not the only factor.
    Wait, what? That's exactly what leads to weight gain!

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

frode-funny-gif-haha-harry-potter-Favimcom-119888_zpsa027c4eb.jpg
  • ndj1979
    Options
    rdigiovine wrote: »
    J72FIT wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I don't usually eat Frankenfoods like the low-carb tortilla, but I love me a breakfast burrito every once in a great while.

And there is is... "I usually don't eat Frankenfoods..." The holier-than thou attitude that always seems to eventually slip through. Seems that train is never late...
    Lol.

Well, considering I try to eat a primarily whole foods, very low-carb diet, these flax/oat bran things are a very infrequent deviation from that and they're full of junk, IMO.

lol...

define "junk"...
    Cornstarch, isolated soy protein, soy flour, soy oil, dextrose.

And that's junk because...?
    Because I prefer to eat unprocessed foods?

do you not eat steak then, because processed?
  • ketorach
    Options
    I don't usually eat Frankenfoods like the low-carb tortilla, but I love me a breakfast burrito every once in a great while.

And there is is... "I usually don't eat Frankenfoods..." The holier-than thou attitude that always seems to eventually slip through. Seems that train is never late...
    Lol.

Well, considering I try to eat a primarily whole foods, very low-carb diet, these flax/oat bran things are a very infrequent deviation from that and they're full of junk, IMO.

lol...

define "junk"...

Oh, for *kitten*'s sake.
    I *try* to eat whole foods. I try not to eat more than 20g of net carbs a day. And I try not to eat foods that have ingredients that are fillers or sugars or faux sugars. I'm a bit hypocritical, though, because I do like DaVinci sugar-free vanilla syrup in my soda water. (And, yes, I know soda water is processed!) And I will eat these junky tortillas.

Sue me.

• ndj1979
    Options

Lol.

lol...

define "junk"...

Oh, for *kitten*'s sake.
    I *try* to eat whole foods. I try not to eat more than 20g of net carbs a day. And I try not to eat foods that have ingredients that are fillers or sugars or faux sugars. I'm a bit hypocritical, though, because I do like DaVinci sugar-free vanilla syrup in my soda water. (And, yes, I know soda water is processed!) And I will eat these junky tortillas.

Sue me.

your trying too hard...
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

No drinking on the job Gale.
  • ketorach
    Options

Lol.

lol...

define "junk"...

Oh, for *kitten*'s sake.

Sue me.

your trying too hard...
    I'm pretty happy with how I feel, with my diet, and with my weight loss, so I think I'm good.

• DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Oh, for *kitten*'s sake.

Sue me.

uwzxbzmz31jd.jpg

yes.jpg 65.8K
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Oh, for *kitten*'s sake.

Sue me.

uwzxbzmz31jd.jpg

hey look...the white knights have rode in to the rescue...

here is how I feel about that..

45_zps183cd0a7.gif
  • ndj1979
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Oh, for *kitten*'s sake.

Sue me.

uwzxbzmz31jd.jpg

hey look...the white knights have rode in to the rescue...

here is how I feel about that..

45_zps183cd0a7.gif

not-cool-bro.jpg

come on man! you know you loved it!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

Habitual, repeated overeating does lead to weight gain.

• DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    who-is-awesome.jpg

heh heh

I love the .gif part of every MFP fight.

This discussion has been closed.