Over 200 New Year New Me Part 22

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    I did it! I cut my hair and it looks really good!
    I think this may be the best haircut I've ever had and I've paid quite a bit of money for haircuts before. This one involved me, a rubber band, a comb, a pair of scissors, and a lot of courage. :laugh:

When I measured out the 10" for Locks of Love I gulped & almost chickened out. Then I said screw it because I've got a lot of hair and it'll grow back even if I butcher myself. I did the ponytail cut that puts a lot of layers in your hair so I only lost 3-4 inches of length on the back while getting about 11" for Locks of Love from the top layer & the front. :bigsmile:

Calories: 1541 (goal 1620)
    Exercise: 30 minutes elliptical; 15 minutes strength training
    Water: Not sure but I know I got at least 8 cups
    Proud: I got up to go to the gym even on 4 hours of sleep. And, I decided to stop having boring hair & donate to a good cause at the same time. :smile:
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    WHEW. A girl goes on a little day trip to visit the Amish and returns to three pages of posts! :tongue:
    lildeb - If Serena is in a public school, then there are defined, LEGAL processes the school has to go through before they can "put her in a special class." They will need to set up a meeting with you, discuss the testing process, get documentation from your doc and psych. if you want that data to be considered, and get permission from you in writing to TEST your daughter. Don't be nervous at this meeting, just come prepared, and trust me, so will they (teacher documentation of Serena's behavior, the consequences given, etc.). You can choose at this time to either proceed with testing or stop the process. If you stop the process, they have NO legal right to enter Serena in any type of special needs room. But at this point, the school could recommend an alternative school for behavioral issues, and they have the right to send her there if they have enough documentation that she is disrupting the learning of others. This is where your outside counselor MUST step in. As a matter of fact, by now your counselor should be well into Serena's school, developing a relationship with the principal, counselor, and teacher. If he/she is not, tell him/her to get to that immediately. I feel for you, deb. If there is anything I can do, please send me a message. :heart:

OK, so no one told me that the Amish are good bakers. :grumble: 'nuff said. Let's just say Nancy had to pedal five times faster and five times longer to make up for the Amish friendship bread, the Amish equivalent to a Suzy Q, & the Amish peanut butter fudge. Maybe I should just go and wash my car tires from the horse poop - that should burn some calories!

check in:
    calories: over until the extra exercise
    water: 100
    exercise: one hour bike, walking everywhere, does driving for three hours one way and three back count for anything?!!??! :noway:
    proud: I was seatbelt fastened the entire time! :bigsmile:
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Yay, Julie! What a nice thing to do - donating your hair! I bet the cut looks great, too! Good for you!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    I haven't read the posts from last night but I will when I get to work. Just wanted to share. I have finally hit the big 5-0 pounds lost! YAY!!!! So cited!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Jess - WTG on 50 lbs + counting :smile:

Blue - I think it is alternative school that they are talking about not really like special education...she is very smart they have done some tests on her. I have had several meetings with the school. They know she is going to the counselor (also been seeing the school counselor too). She has not been in contact with the people at the school. Only me relaying what she says. We did see the counselor last night. We discusssed what has been going on, i coudln't help it i got very emotional and started crying (which i did a lot of yesterday). We discussed how over the last 6 weeks she has gotten better in doing her work and getting better grades but the impulse control and behavior have gone out the window. She said it seems like she has trouble doing more than 1 thing a time (which is very very very true). She talked to us about if she was on meds, and we explained the story and that we were thinking of getting a 2nd opinoin, she said she really thinks that this is what she needs. She explained a lot of doctors are just oging through a check list (when i expressed i wanted someone to spend a few more minutes with her before shoving drugs down her throat), but some doctors just don't give you a good feel and you should try to get another opionion.

That said....We are making her a 2nd opinion appt soon. I was a bit overwhelmed looking through all the doctors to take her to. my hesitation about this doctor that my friend recommended is he is very old..1 side is that he has lots of experience but on the other side is he is probably like70's something what he if he is senile and gives my baby the worng rx....I have only heard good things from him..i am assuming he still has his mind or he wouldn't really be working...

I am just sooo afraid of making the wrong decision ..i just want my baby to be better...I DO NOT want her to be in alternative school in 2nd grade.

With all the emotions i only ended up having like a net of under 1000 cals yesterday ...oopps :sad:
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    I got this in a email this morning and I just had to share it with you guys!

The Mayonnaise Jar

When things in your life seem almost too much to handle, When 24 hours in a day is not enough; remember the mayonnaise jar and 2 cups of coffee. A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and start to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was. The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured it into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was. The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else He asked once more if the jar was full.. The students responded With an unanimous 'yes.' The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar, effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed.

'Now,' said the professor, as the laughter subsided, 'I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things - Family, children, health, friends, and favorite passions Things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. The pebbles are the things that matter like your job, house, and car. The sand is everything else -- The small stuff. 'If you put the sand into the jar first,' he continued, 'there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, You will never have room for the things that are important to you.

So... Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups.
    Take your partner out to dinner. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the dripping tap. 'Take care of the golf balls first -- The things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.'

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee represented. The professor smiled. 'I'm glad you asked'. It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend.'
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,499 Member
    Bluenote: glad you had fun in Amish country. and Congrats to seeing 300 and by -by 400s for good

litspy: OMG, you went through it...I want to see pics of the new hairdo

Jess: I am so excited for you...50+ lb off and one hot lady...CONGRATS!!!

LItdeb: I am hoping and praying everything works your way. Hope your baby gets the right diagnosis:flowerforyou:

I wanted to mention other who commented yesterday evening but I forgot who.. If I missed you..sorry didn't mean too:flowerforyou:
  • Positively_Me
    I got this in a email this morning and I just had to share it with you guys!

The Mayonnaise Jar

When things in your life seem almost too much to handle, When 24 hours in a day is not enough; remember the mayonnaise jar and 2 cups of coffee. A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and start to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was. The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured it into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was. The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else He asked once more if the jar was full.. The students responded With an unanimous 'yes.' The professor then produced two cups of coffee from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar, effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed.

'Now,' said the professor, as the laughter subsided, 'I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things - Family, children, health, friends, and favorite passions Things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. The pebbles are the things that matter like your job, house, and car. The sand is everything else -- The small stuff. 'If you put the sand into the jar first,' he continued, 'there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, You will never have room for the things that are important to you.

So... Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take time to get medical checkups.
    Take your partner out to dinner. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the dripping tap. 'Take care of the golf balls first -- The things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.'

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the coffee represented. The professor smiled. 'I'm glad you asked'. It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of cups of coffee with a friend.'

COgirl: thanks! I remember reading this long time ago.very inspirational:flowerforyou:
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Jess - HOORAY for 50 lbs!!
    LilDeb - You're doing a great job for Serena and it's clear that you want what's best for her. Good luck with your second opinion appointment.
    LittleSpy - So impressed you cut your own hair. Can't wait to see pics!

Check in from yesterday:
    Cals: Over, 1538 = I really wish that we would get rid of the homemade ice cream in the freezer...it's such a big temptation when I want something sweet!
    Water: 96 oz
    Exercise: None...planning on going to the gym or getting in 60 min of Exercise TV tonight. I MUST do this.
    Proud: That I stopped drinking that super-sweet calorie-filled coffee drink yesterday morning. I did not continue to take in extra calories, so I feel I made a good choice there. Granted, that good choice went down the tubes when I had that ice cream later....oh well!
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    julie- I want to see the new do!!!

Jess- CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOO! :drinker:

Cogirl- Thanks for sharing the email with us, it made me smile

blue- mmmm I LOVE friendship bread. Soooo good!

Down to an even 199 this morning...and I dont even care that I am up 3.8lbs from my lowest weight cause I feel a lot less stressed and relaxed. As long as I make my 195 goal for the month I am set

Back later to stalk
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    First spin class! WOO!

It was AWFUL! And wonderful! And terrible and excellent! :)

There were a bunch of people who were a little intimidating with their fancy biking shoes and all that jazz. The snotty guy on the bike next to me looked at my sneakers and then at me and I could acutally see him think "Oh... she's not a REAL biker". So I smiled and said "I get fancy shoes for what I like to do, too".

For the first time since the last time I put on a pair of rugby boots (cleats), I have felt like I actually want to play. There was a tiny spark in my brain that missed the grueling, muscle exhausting, horrible practices. Running 20 hills in the 100 degree heat. 40 minutes at a time. Woo!

If I keep this up, I'll be ready for fall season in no time!

Jess - congratulations on the 50!!
  • irandamay
    irandamay Posts: 929 Member
    Jess - Congrats on 50 lbs! You are doing an amazing job. :smile:

Cris - Glad to hear that you are feeling less stressed! I am sure you'll blow through those 3.8 lbs in no time.

Littlespy - You are so brave to cut your own hair! :smile: I am always lame and go to Supercuts. I was thinking that I was going to grow it out again (it's long, all one length, but only was at like the top of my shoulder blades) but last week I got it chopped so that it's just brushing to tops of my shoulders now. Whenever summer comes, I always want to just chop it off, because I'm boring and I pull it back in a ponytail all the time, but in summer it's gets so sticky and frizzy and I just want a little handful of ponytail.

tstout - Way to go on the spin class! I want to try one someday. I feel like I need to be in better shape before I do though. :smile:

blue - Sounds like you had fun in Amish country! I went there a long time ago on a family vacation when I was 7 or 8, and I remember the buffets. :smile: We went to a breakfast one and a dinner one, and I remember it was a big room with picnic type tables and just lots and lots of yummy food.

Lildeb - Good luck with your meeting about Serena. You sound like a great mom, and I hope you are all able to figure out what is best for her. :smile:

I just got back from my trainer workout. Man, she makes us sweat more in 30 min than she did in 60 during our BL contest! I weighed myself this morning and I still saw a 272 number, so maybe it is real! I'm still not recording it yet, though. :smile:
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Down to an even 199 this morning...and I dont even care that I am up 3.8lbs from my lowest weight cause I feel a lot less stressed and relaxed. As long as I make my 195 goal for the month I am set

:heart: :heart: LOVE:heart::heart: this attitude. :bigsmile:
  • Positively_Me
    WAY to go Cris:flowerforyou:

Miranda: hopefull that number sticks by Friday, you'll be closer to 260 soon. Keep it up girl:flowerforyou: !
  • RedneckWmn
    Ok I think I got everybody!

KDubMommy-You have so much going on! You can't beat yourself up if you can't workout as much as others can. Just workout when you can. You did the hardest part and made the first step. I hope your meeting with your trainer will help push you in the right direction! You deserve it!

raiderape-We have missed your posts! And yes it is a very addictive phone!

LittleSpy-OMG! Where is the picture of your new haircut!!?? I can't wait to see it!

LilDebbie-I don't know if there is going to be a wrong decision on your side if you are getting your daughter the help she needs. You just need to look around for a dr until you find one you like. Sometimes it's not awlays the first try but don't get discouraged. You will find one!

Colorado-Thanks for the email! Love it!

Cris-Seems like you are getting back to the Cris! Glad you are finding your way. Enjoy working out. Don't stress out. I think you are taking a great approach!!

tstout-Congrats on the spin class!! It's such an experience in itself!

I just wanted to thank each and every one of you for helping me so much the last couple months. I have been a true slacker the last week or two but I have never felt better. I haven't been able to go to the gym much but I'm still losing and I love that. I really feel like I'm finding my way and I couldn't of done it without any of you. I still have a ways to go and I know you will all be there along the way while we finish this all together! And my date last night went great! This guy is so awesome! :bigsmile:
  • LittleSpy
    So the hair really isn't a drastic difference. No one has even noticed at work today (or maybe they have and it looks really bad so they don't want to say anything and I'm crazy for liking it :laugh:). I really think it's because I hardly lost any length in the back, though. It's still damp in this picture and you can't really see the layers.... so really, it's just a random picture of me. :tongue:

270768_8718.jpg
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Julie- OMG your hair is still really long!!! I thought you got a bob or something :laugh: :laugh: wow your hair was waaay longer than I thought then! It looks cute, and yes I do see the layers...ps-looking good skinny

Jess- Can you please go run w8d3 so I have to get off my lazy butt to do it? I am so glad your date went well, nothing serious until we approve ok? hehe jk...but he better treat you right or we will all go to TX and hurt him

tstout- I love spin class now, its such a great workout and I could feel a drastic change every week...I was getting so much stronger and it was so awsome! I was lucky enough not to have snotty people in my class but yea, several of them did have the special cycling shoes which I just thought was goofy...but to each his own! Soon you will be like Jess, showing up the skinny b@% in the class...hehe
  • RedneckWmn
    Cris-OMG I forgot about that girl! That's so funny!! I'm either doing w8d3 tonight or tomorrow. I was going to go last night but yeah...other things came up! :laugh: And so far he has been nothing but wonderful. I have a confession. We actually met online. I tried this whole dating thing with my roommate months ago. We started talking in...January or February..neither one of us can remember and he was working out of town and when he was in town he was either helping his family or spending time with his kids. So we didn't meet until this last weekend. But so far so good. Don't want to jinx myself. But he is pretty awesome. Very polite! It's quite refreshing!

Julie-Holy smokes girl your hair is long!!! You cut 10 inches off!? You will definitely save on shampoo! :laugh: It looks great. I can definitely see the layers! Wow! It's so long and pretty I love it!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    tstaut - I had my 1st spinn class on friday (and 2nd on sundaY) i really do like it...felt like i was going to die...but i liked it :) I saw those girls too..but my hubby was in there with me and I didn't care...My goal is to increase my hr and my cal burn every time...got to figure out to get my hr higher so i can get a bigger calorie burn...but it is a great workout

Julie - Love the hair...I agree your hair must of been really really long...i have one girl that can cut my hair i like it (i have very very curly hair and love the way she cuts it with a razor)

Chris - WTG on your new attidude ...and you will be 195 by the end of the month

Jess - glad your date went well...I met my husband online :) 12 years later going strong :smile:

well...( i am sure you are tired of my drama with my daughter but got to let it out right )

I called this one doctor, sounds promosiing , she is going to call me back later so i can make an appt as she was in the middle of doing something and coudln't make it (i am guessing with the computer) and she was the only one there.

So i asked like what they do, so they said 2 hr app, 30 min for paperwork , questionnaire and such, 1 hr meeting with the dr, us and her, then 30 minutes for her to get blood work, urine test and such. THen in 2 weeks after that we got back to discuss treatment plans. This sound much more thorough than just talk 30 min, talk about drugs 30 mnint and we are out there (like the other doctor).

She said appts are out like 3 weeks right now...my friend has an appt for her daughter on thursday so she can tell me how she liked him then...

So we are looking possibly 5 weeks before any kind of feed back/results..but that would still be over a month before school starts if we need to get her started on some meds or something...
  • LittleSpy
    OMG, how horrible would I look with a bob?! :laugh: I've always had a "round face" (fat face!) so short hair has never looked good. My face isn't nearly as fat as it used to be but I'm still scared of short hair or even medium length hair. I've had it shorter than my shoulders ONCE in my life in 7th grade and it was just horrible. I won't go into detail about how much of a drama queen I was about it. :laugh: The 10" mostly came from the front -- if I had cut it all by 10-11" it would all be about 4-5" below my shoulders. Parts of the ponytail I'm sending to Locks of Love are only 3-4", but there is a good chunk of 10-12" strands they'll be able to use for pieces & can sell or do whatever with the rest, I suppose. I really have to stop talking about my hair, that's so lame.

Lildeb- sounds like you have a good plan for Serena. It's nice to have your friend be able to test out the doc for you!

Jess - I heard a statistic recently (don't even know the source) that like 20% of all couples today met online. I'd bet it's actually more than that, though. My mom met my stepfather online. :tongue: And Scott & I would've never gotten together if we hadn't both used the internet because we were both so shy about it, we determined that we really liked each other via AIM. :blushing: :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.