Over 200 New Year New Me Part 22

Options

Replies

• Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Calories: 1467 Goal was 1270; I ate dinner at 6pm and then stayed up until 3am... so yeah... I got hungry. And 1/2 a sandwich was truly necessary. :tongue:
    Exercise: Walked around a good bit but nothing official.
    Water: I've been losing track of this lately being busy so at work and at home but I know I'm drinking enough because that's mostly all I ever drink except when I'm eating.
    Proud: I finally finally finally decided on a new ring. It's not an engagement ring because... well, there's no engagement left. :laugh: It's not a wedding band because it's not a band.
    It's the ring I fell in love with the first ring shopping go-round but I decided against it because quite honestly it was a lot more expensive than the ring I decided on (and you all know how cheap I am. :tongue:). And because I thought I really wanted a diamond wedding band which is the reason I was looking for a cheaper engagement ring. The diamond wedding band ended up being too big as well so we had to return it, too. Ridiculous, right? Scott really wants me have a ring I love. He even told me yesterday he felt bad about the ring I got and was actually underwhelmed with it. :frown: I did love the rings I originally chose but it made me feel bad that he felt bad. :laugh: Afterall, a ring is certainly not why I want to spend the rest of my life with him. It all seems silly to me. But I want to make the man happy so I seriously agonized over rings for hours and hours yesterday.

Then at about 2.30am I remembered *the* ring. I looked it up and now it's on sale (woot! I *love* a good sale!). Scott's calling the jeweler today to see if it's in stock. If it is, we'll be driving to Charlotte tonight to get it. I do like the traditinal 2-ring look so I may get a really small white gold or silver band to pair with it.
    490595802_MV_RS_JAR.jpg
    I love love love love love it!

Julie, I LOVE the ring! I hope it fit perfectly and it's not a waste of drive to Charlotte. I am so happy for you :bigsmile:
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Julie, that ring is gorgeous! It's going to look so lovely on your slim little fingers. And considering this is a ring you're going to wear for quite a long time (some might say "til death do you part"), I'd say you should be splurging!

I just took a look at my ring and eek, it is SO dirty! I need to do some quick home care or send it to the jewelers for some TLC.
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Julie- I love it!!!!!! It's so you! And yes you deserve a good ring that will last you a lifetime, just like your marriage :flowerforyou:

Elmo- Awwww thats the cutest picture!!! How much do you weigh there, cause you look freaking fantastic (sorry if thats a rude question but you looks soo good! if you look like that now I dont think you need to lose anymore!) I love that song...but it made me cry jsut thinking of it...maybe I should just get over the fact that I will be crying the entire day

Every time I think about Bobby seeing me for the first time as I walk down the aisle I cry, father/daughter dance cry, our ceremony we will be presenting my step son with a family medallion (kind of me marrying him too), I cry! Sheesh people that water proof make up better be as good as they claim!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Julie-I think that ring is beautiful! If it's what you want then you should definitely get it. Doesn't matter if it's traditional or not. It's what you like.

Cris-When you hear the perfect song you will know it! I think my sister did butterfly kisses..not sure! And my Dad raised me like his little boy too. Taking me fishing and to races and stuff. I blame him for not being so girly! And the SAME thing is happening with my niece if not worse.
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Julie, I love that ring it is georgeous. I hope it is in stock.

Cris, I think that it is sweet that you cried. Cry and blubber and appreciate it all. My dad died before I got married. I had to ask my "little" brother (6"1) to give me away. My mom had remarried by then but I just could NOT ask him to do it. I was not close to him. I felt that I was honoring my father and mother by asking their eldest son together to give me away (I have 3 older bros. from my dad and some other chick:laugh: ) I love my older bros. so dearly it was just that Kenny was my mom and dads son. My brother is such a brat too. He gave my husband a sympathy card on our wedding day because he was getting married to me.

elmox, how did rehearsal go last night?

mstahl, I hope all is well with George. You are all in my thoughts and prayers today.

Okay ladies, I forgot to weigh in today before I ate. I had a ton on my mind. As if Ryan does not have a lot to deal with. Let me go back a few days. Sunday, Ryan climed up on his little car, it is about 3 feet off the ground. I am constantly getting on him about doing this. Any way he fell off onto the border of my flower bed which is cement blocks about 1 inch thick. He landed across his chest. I checked him and he had a little red across his chest with a bit of a scrape. I thought oh no he has cracked a rib. But he recovered well and wanted to play. We made him sit down and cough and do all these things that would not be able to do if a rib was cracked. Last night he tells his dad. My boob hurts (trying to get him to call it a chest but he is determined it is a boob) His dad rubs his chest and finds a knot, it almost felt sharp. My heart sunk. I am waiting for the dr.s office to open so we can go in. He is not in pain or anything he just commented that it hurt then he was over it as soon as dad rubbed it. Any how I am worried about my little guy. My poor daughters, Ryan is constantly taking up our time. the 16 and 13 yo are understanding a know he needs a little extra effort. But my sweet little 8 yo does not. (she is onery as can be but also sweet) I can tell she is feeling a little insecure so I need to make some time for her. If it is not one thing it is another.
    Sorry for day 2 of rambling and complaining!
  • cris20056
    Options
    Julie-I think that ring is beautiful! If it's what you want then you should definitely get it. Doesn't matter if it's traditional or not. It's what you like.

Cris-When you hear the perfect song you will know it! I think my sister did butterfly kisses..not sure! And my Dad raised me like his little boy too. Taking me fishing and to races and stuff. I blame him for not being so girly! And the SAME thing is happening with my niece if not worse.

I love love love butterfly kisses, its just so overplayed as the father/daughter dance. I think I have yet to go to a wedding (ok maybe 1) that didnt use that as the song. If I dont fall in love with any other songs then I may end up having to use it too..its over played because it IS the best father daughter song
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Julie- I love it!!!!!! It's so you! And yes you deserve a good ring that will last you a lifetime, just like your marriage :flowerforyou:

Elmo- Awwww thats the cutest picture!!! How much do you weigh there, cause you look freaking fantastic (sorry if thats a rude question but you looks soo good! if you look like that now I dont think you need to lose anymore!) I love that song...but it made me cry jsut thinking of it...maybe I should just get over the fact that I will be crying the entire day

Every time I think about Bobby seeing me for the first time as I walk down the aisle I cry, father/daughter dance cry, our ceremony we will be presenting my step son with a family medallion (kind of me marrying him too), I cry! Sheesh people that water proof make up better be as good as they claim!

I can tell ya the eye liner and mascara I wear definitely is. But I wouldn't wear eyeshadow! :laugh: :laugh:
  • cris20056
    Options
    Julie, I love that ring it is georgeous. I hope it is in stock.

Cris, I think that it is sweet that you cried. Cry and blubber and appreciate it all. My dad died before I got married. I had to ask my "little" brother (6"1) to give me away. My mom had remarried by then but I just could NOT ask him to do it. I was not close to him. I felt that I was honoring my father and mother by asking their eldest son together to give me away (I have 3 older bros. from my dad and some other chick:laugh: ) I love my older bros. so dearly it was just that Kenny was my mom and dads son. My brother is such a brat too. He gave my husband a sympathy card on our wedding day because he was getting married to me.

elmox, how did rehearsal go last night?

mstahl, I hope all is well with George. You are all in my thoughts and prayers today.

Okay ladies, I forgot to weigh in today before I ate. I had a ton on my mind. As if Ryan does not have a lot to deal with. Let me go back a few days. Sunday, Ryan climed up on his little car, it is about 3 feet off the ground. I am constantly getting on him about doing this. Any way he fell off onto the border of my flower bed which is cement blocks about 1 inch thick. He landed across his chest. I checked him and he had a little red across his chest with a bit of a scrape. I thought oh no he has cracked a rib. But he recovered well and wanted to play. We made him sit down and cough and do all these things that would not be able to do if a rib was cracked. Last night he tells his dad. My boob hurts (trying to get him to call it a chest but he is determined it is a boob) His dad rubs his chest and finds a knot, it almost felt sharp. My heart sunk. I am waiting for the dr.s office to open so we can go in. He is not in pain or anything he just commented that it hurt then he was over it as soon as dad rubbed it. Any how I am worried about my little guy. My poor daughters, Ryan is constantly taking up our time. the 16 and 13 yo are understanding a know he needs a little extra effort. But my sweet little 8 yo does not. (she is onery as can be but also sweet) I can tell she is feeling a little insecure so I need to make some time for her. If it is not one thing it is another.
    Sorry for day 2 of rambling and complaining!

:laugh: :laugh: about the sympathy card ..thats funny and cute!

As for Ryan- Try not to freak out. If he's been playing and acting fine, chances are that its nothing too serious...He will be ok! As for the 8 year old- is there a way you can involve her in "helping" with her brother? My lil one is onry and the only time he pipes down is if he is "helping"...I am no expert, only been a mom for 19 months, but thought Id offer a suggestion. Let us know how the dr visit goes!!!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Momma-My heart goes out to you! If he hasn't been complaining I agree with Cris it's probably something minor but definitely still worth getting checked out. Let us know what the doctor says. Hang in there!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Cris, you are a very wise mom. I think that is a great idea. She checked out 2 books from the library and they are both "chapter books" she was so excited when I told her I thought it would be fun to read one of those books and that maybe we would read it out loud together. I read to my kids everyday but nothing like a chapter book that is going to take awhile. but I thought maybe it would be something that she and I did together without the other children. And just keep our reading time together as a group. Yes I read to the 16 and 13 yo as well. :laugh:
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    I'm a full blown stalker today!!

Momma-I love that you read to your children! I think that's so great. My best friends Mom did that up until they were in High School I think. That's wonderful! I also like Cris idea. I know my niece loves to be able to help out with things so your lil one might like helping out their lil brother!
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I havent found the perfect song that describes my relationship with my dad....we have a sort of love/hate relationship (mostly love of course:love: ) but I'd say between my sister and I, I am more of daddy's little girl. :tongue:

My dad is special to me in so many ways, he's a big reason I am the way I am. He's brought me up to be independent, work hard, and competitive. He never let me "being a girl" stop him from raising me like a boy...haha. He wants me to take over his business when he retires and looking back now, he's been 'breeding' me for this role for quite some time :noway: :wink:

This morning I heard the new Bucky Convington single "A Father's Love" and it def descries my dad....but its not a wedding song by any means. I always wanted to dance to Sara Evan's "Always be my baby" but there is a part of the song thats kind of inappropriate...but that song describes ur perfectly...maybe we can blurb out the inappropriate part...

Cris - I think we have the same dad! Mine is the exact same way! I'm the oldest (of 2) and he sooo badly wanted a boy. Instead he got me.

Adam (boyfriend) and I have been talking about when we want to get married (next summer-ish?)... so let me know what song you find! Maybe I can use it as inspiration :)
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options

Oh Cris, that's so kind! I actually weigh about the same there as I do now. I might actually be a few pounds lighter! :bigsmile: However, I'm still at 190 and don't feel like that's a healthy weight for me. It's interesting (and wonderful!) of you to say that I look like I don't need to lose anymore. I'm pretty fortunate in the way my body is shaped in that I don't look as heavy as I actually am. (For example, even at 226 I was wearing mostly 14/16s.) This is both a blessing and a curse. It's a curse because it allowed me to get complacent in the way I look and put on all those additional pounds. After awhile, 226 pounds is 226 pounds, no matter how forgiving your body might be.

I so want to be at a healthier weight for the rest of my life. The "blessing" of my body-type/shape might mean that I look lots skinnier when I hit my goal of 150!! :laugh:

Oh and since I posted the pic, CoGirl is now my FB friend! Thanks lady! To look me up, my e-mail is lauren.moxey@gmail.com. I know I'm a little late on the FB-friending wagon.
  • RedneckWmn
    Options

Oh Cris, that's so kind! I actually weigh about the same there as I do now. I might actually be a few pounds lighter! :bigsmile: However, I'm still at 190 and don't feel like that's a healthy weight for me. It's interesting (and wonderful!) of you to say that I look like I don't need to lose anymore. I'm pretty fortunate in the way my body is shaped in that I don't look as heavy as I actually am. (For example, even at 226 I was wearing mostly 14/16s.) This is both a blessing and a curse. It's a curse because it allowed me to get complacent in the way I look and put on all those additional pounds. After awhile, 226 pounds is 226 pounds, no matter how forgiving your body might be.

I so want to be at a healthier weight for the rest of my life. The "blessing" of my body-type/shape might mean that I look lots skinnier when I hit my goal of 150!! :laugh:

Oh and since I posted the pic, CoGirl is now my FB friend! Thanks lady! To look me up, my e-mail is lauren.moxey@gmail.com. I know I'm a little late on the FB-friending wagon.

I can't view the video from work but I added you on facebook, I think it's you anways!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Last night he tells his dad. My boob hurts (trying to get him to call it a chest but he is determined it is a boob) His dad rubs his chest and finds a knot, it almost felt sharp.

Oh no! I hope all is well with Ryan! I'm sure like the other ladies said, if he had been in a lot of pain all week I'm sure you would've heard about it or seen something weird by now. Our bodies do weird things.

That being said... this is inappropriate, but the boob thing made me LOL. And hard! :laugh: Man, I love kids. :laugh:
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    MOmma - sorry about ryan :sad: I hope all goes well to the dr visit. Serena loves me to read to her (and loves reading herself, which i am glad becuase neither me or my hsuband are big readers), but the little one whe wants books read but then she just wants to turn the pages and not look at them...or like yesterdya she said she was going to read, i told her "you don't know how to read", she took the book started rambling on and says "see...i know how to read", i about cracked up...and to top that off she was reading a "monkey jumping on the bed" book, and she would say some of "like no more monkey jumping on the bed", but then go into "you have to go potty you need to ask your teacher"..i thought i would die of laughing soo hard.

POS - There is OTC for Pink eye, it is with the eye drops and stuff , called "Similsan (or something liek that)" Mykids have had pink eye several times.

Julie - I love the ring it is beautiful

I think i am oging to work out at lunch and then spin class tonight.....I am tempted t ask my gym to please change the channel..do yout hin kthey would do it...i go in every day at lunch and the arc trainer and elliptical are located in behind on sets of tvs, and then there is another set past that but you can still kinda see...but then there is a row behind it, for the treadmills and stair masters...welll...abc is only on the back ones , 2x, but not anywhere else...when i go at lunch i would like to watch a show on abc, but means i can only do the treadmill...do you think if i asked they would put it on another tv??
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    MOmma - sorry about ryan :sad: I hope all goes well to the dr visit. Serena loves me to read to her (and loves reading herself, which i am glad becuase neither me or my hsuband are big readers), but the little one whe wants books read but then she just wants to turn the pages and not look at them...or like yesterdya she said she was going to read, i told her "you don't know how to read", she took the book started rambling on and says "see...i know how to read", i about cracked up...and to top that off she was reading a "monkey jumping on the bed" book, and she would say some of "like no more monkey jumping on the bed", but then go into "you have to go potty you need to ask your teacher"..i thought i would die of laughing soo hard.

:laugh:
    One of my most prominant memories from being a little kid is when I was about 3, I *THOUGHT* I could read. But as it turns out, I had just memorized a bunch of books (or... who knows what I actually was saying... but I thought I was reading & I thought I was saying what it said at least). I remember specifically picking up "Green Eggs and Ham" and "reading" it to my family. Everyone was at least pretending to be really impressed but then stupid big brother burst my bubble really quickly by pointing out the page I was on actually said something different from what I had "read." :tongue:
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    Momma, so sorry to hear Ryan in pain or whatnot. I would worry too much since he hasn't really complain too much and playing normally. But just ot be on the safe side, call the doctor and inform her about the bump. Hopefully it's nothing.
    About your youngest daughter, reading one-on-one is a great idea. I do that with all my children..even the older ones. My daughter love to read so we share inputs about the book she is reading. she is currently reading the series or books "sisterhood of the traveling pants" she watch both movies after we read book one and two. Now she is on book 3. My older son hate to read, so I have to look for books that would have something intresting like a mystery plot. Sometimes it's very challenging because I might think the book I check out he doesn't like or doesn't intrest him. Durning summer vacation, in about a week, we plan on going to the library and seriously going through aisle by aisle to see what does he want to read....he is suppose to do this on his own but if i leave it for him to do it will never be done. he is 13 years old and hate to read. My youngest son LOVES to read. Every single week we are in the library picking out 5 books to read in one day, every single day until we send them back. The one book he wanted me to read over and over and over again was " I know an old lady who swallowed a fly" It was my daughter's favorite too, when she was very young, and till today. sorry for all the rambling...LOL

elmox: I sent you an "friend request"...please accept

be back later
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    Question, It might be too much information...sorry :embarassed:

I got TOM 2 days ago, it was very light with lots of pain and the whole nine yards that comes from my montly friend except the actual flow. yesterday is was bearly noticable..so I thoug it ws due to me exercising. well today nothing but lots of pain and still with the same headache i had 3 days ago. durning my something years I had my TOM I have never experience spotting. the only time i spotted was when i find out I am pregnant. I know I am not preganant because i have an IUD.
    has any one had spotting?
    is it normal?
    and what could be the cause?

any kind of input is greatly appriciated:blushing:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Last night he tells his dad. My boob hurts (trying to get him to call it a chest but he is determined it is a boob) His dad rubs his chest and finds a knot, it almost felt sharp.

Oh no! I hope all is well with Ryan! I'm sure like the other ladies said, if he had been in a lot of pain all week I'm sure you would've heard about it or seen something weird by now. Our bodies do weird things.

That being said... this is inappropriate, but the boob thing made me LOL. And hard! :laugh: Man, I love kids. :laugh:

I was trying not to laugh while being worried. He is a character. He started with calling females breasts "boobs" and it was a tad embarassing. He was also trying to touch all of the "boobs" he got withing hand reach of. I finally broke him of all that and now he is calling his own chest his boobs.