Over 200 New Year New Me Part 22

Options

Replies

• raiderape
    raiderape Posts: 300
    Options
    Morning Ladies!!

Cris - Hope you feel better soon. I am not sure what your cramps would be. I agree with istpaul and check with your doc if you haven't stopped having them after a few days.

Julie - You are almost to your BIG day!!!! You are going to be a Mrs. that is soooo exciting!!!

I got interrupted so I will be back later. Sorry!
  • KDubMommy
    KDubMommy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

Julie - Congrats on the getting married! The last week before the wedding is always the most stressful but it is sooo worth it! I am closing in on 9 years of marriage with my husband in a couple weeks :-)

Just wanted to show my new & updated picture I took this morning & get your input

Will check in later
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    KDub - You look great! Your face is really thinning out. Looking good!
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    speaking of doctors ...
    about 3-4 weeks ago I started having right shoulder pain - not a lot, just kind of dull almost 'pinched nerve-like'. Shortly after that an ugly bruise about the size of a baseball appeared on my right arm - I didn't remember running into anything - but had been gardening and carrying pots and boxes - so thought I might have done something and just forgot. Well the bruise is gone but the shoulder pain is still there, and now there is a very hard lump the size of a small marble where the bruise was and sometimes my whole arm feels a little numb. After doing a little googling and self-diagnosis - I think I probably have a partial bicep tear caused by the shoulder injury putting strain on my bicep. It sounds like they rarely do surgery unless you are an athlete or you have severe loss of movement. I can still do everything, just with a little pain. So I guess I'm going to wait a few more weeks and see if it goes away with icing it, ibuprofen, and trying to not 'overuse' it. Have any of you experienced anything like this? have any ideas? If it doesn't go away or gets worse I suppose I should see a doctor - just hate to if they are just going to say I need to rest it.

I had a deep thought about my profile picture habits ... I said that I put a picture of me for my profile pic when I'm feeling good about my weightloss efforts and put other pictures when I'm not ... then I got to thinking about why I do that - and I think it's because I don't want to 'face myself' when I'm not staying on track... hmmm - that's deep. :ohwell:
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    lstpaul - HOpe your shoulder gets better...interesting about your profile pics..i always wondered why we see you sometims and somtimes not

Kdub - You are looking great!!

Julie - 1 week...dang i thought it was farther away.

i am feeling good today (dispite the scale being mean to me )...

We got our air fixed ...i am soo happy :smile:

My friend who took her daughter to the doctor we are taking serena to in 2 weeks, got finished with her appt and she said she really liked him and she thinks that we will like him, she said that he may not be able to take her daughter as a paitent as of all her medical problems...but they are waiting on lab work, shhe told her that her daugther case was the most complicated in 40 years of practice...hopefully he will be able to take serena, she is healthy only issues are really the school/behavioour/listening + bedwetting and peeing in her pants..I am really hoping they are related and we get it all under control at one time.
  • tlrue
    tlrue Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    lstpaul - I love your "deep thought"... it actually made me think about that, too. My current picture is at my lowest weight (a couple years ago... I'm on the right). I should have a current picture! :) thanks for being inspirational.

Since I skipped out on the workout yesterday, I promised myself I would do lots of moving about today. So I put on my Easy Tones (love them!) and I have been working while standing all day and only have three (of seven) loads of laundry left!!
  • lstpaul
    Options
    :happy: Good news Lildeb on your air conditioner being fixed!

I'm trying to use my mouse with only my left hand to try to help my shoulder/arm pain ... boy is that difficult to do when you are right handed .. I keep hitting the wrong button and grabbing for my mouse with my right hand and it isn't there. We'll see how long I can stand to try this! :grumble:
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Chatty girls this morning!!

bluenote-Sounds like your gym is awesome!!! So glad you joined it and loved it!!

tstout-Glad to hear your mom is home from the hospital!

Julie-married in a week!? How exciting! I knew it was coming up soon. As far as everybody being pregnant, sure hope not!

KDubMommy-Look at you momma! You are smoking! You are doing great keep up your hard work!

lilDeb-the new doctor sounds promising. I'm crossing my fingers for you girl!

I went and finished week 8 this morning. YES!! And then I had mexican fast food for lunch at my favorite place. Naughty Jessica. I will be hitting the gym or some form of exercise tonight!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    I forgot to share my exciting news. I went to Old Navy to buy a denim mini skirt for tomorrow. Took an 18 into the fitting room, too big. It was falling off my hips. I bought my 18's snug at the begining of May. I bought the 16 without trying it in a different style, got it to work to try it on. It's a little snug but it still might do. I'll have to ask my fashion coordinator, aka my roommate! But it fits! :bigsmile:
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    lildeb - That is awesome about the elliptical! I don't understand a word of it but it sounds really hard! I just hit Quickstart and start moving my legs! :laugh: You are my elliptical hero now. I am going to follow in your footsteps, er...later than sooner. :tongue: Thank goodness the air is fixed! I kept thinking, my word, what else is going to break down on this poor girl?!?!? First she is dealing with her little girl's breakdown, then her air! Oy! :noway:
    KDub - so glad mom is home and I am praying for her health. Plus, you look BEAUTIFUL in your pic! :flowerforyou:
    lstpaul - I think I am just like you with the profile pics. When I was feeling "on top of the world" I posted a pic of me. Now that I'm sort of in a weird space I show my cat. LOL You are very beautiful, you know! I love your pic! :flowerforyou: I hope your shoulder gets better.
    Julie - Oh my word one week away! Hey, can't we throw her an online MFP shower? :laugh: We could all meet at a specific time and bring virtual presents! :tongue:
    Jess - mexican is my supreme downfall. OMG have you ever seen how many cals are in a margarita??? WTF??? It just tastes like lime juice and tequila! :huh:

Just got back from the fitness evaluation. Took much longer than I thought. I figured the eval would consist of me walking in, her looking at me and saying, "Yeup, you're fat," then I'd leave. But oh no, never anything simple with Nancy! We talked about food and my eating habits and I filled out a lot of forms about my meds, etc. Then we did the I guess endurance test. She times how long it takes me to walk a mile. Well, hello, I could of told her that it was around 40-45 mins., but she wanted to see it. I was glad I was right because, oh my sisters of the traveling weight loss pants I was NOT right when telling her my weight...:sad:
    I had just weighed this morning before going. Still at 403.5. Fine. I get there - on her scale...411!!!!! OK at first I started panicking and was gonna claim her scale was bogus, you know, the old fearful Nancy reared her ugly head. Then I took a big deep breath and said, "Oh, it seems my scale reads differently than yours." (Nancy 1; trainer 1). I let her have that one. LOL
    Then we did the push ups against the wall thingie. I did a whopping 10. Better than none, right? LOL (Nancy 1; trainer 2) After that we did the sit up test. Uh, I had to inform her that Nancy doesn't get on the floor. She sensed that and took me to a room where there was a massage bed. (dammit, Nancy 1; trainer 3) I did 21 crunches in one minute. Considering I told her just skip this because I can't do one, I was pretty impressed. LOL (Nancy 2; trainer 3) Then we did the dreaded back-against-the-wall-and-slide-down and-act-like-you-can-hold-yourself-up-without-falling exercise. Five seconds. ROFL :laugh: I lasted five seconds! She barely turned on the stopwatch and I said, "OK done, hurts, done." I flunked that one I think. :tongue: (Nancy 2; trainer 4) At least my measurements were exactly like hers! I was relieved at that! (Nancy 3; trainer 4)
    So then I set up a time on Monday to meet her for our hour session and went to the bike for twenty minutes - using HILLS mode. Holy schmolies Lord help me those hills were NOT easy! But I did all twenty minutes! :bigsmile: (Nancy 23; trainer 4) Then I went to the elliptical and did SEVEN minutes. Two more than yesterday! (Nancy 30; trainer 4) Gotta start somewhere, right? I feel really good right now. :bigsmile: (Nancy PRICELESS; trainer 4)
    OK I promise I will NOT give a play-by-play of my future rec center adventures. I just had to relay today's because this is a very big thing for me and I want to share it with my very important sisters. :heart:
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Oh blue how you make me giggle! I love hearing your stories so post as many about your fitness center experience as you want! I really think you did a great thing signing up and taking the next step. You are going to become a gym rat yet with lildebbie! :tongue: The elliptical was my beast when I first started. I am not coordinated. Before you know it you will be rockin it!

And mexican food is def my weakness. I can stay away from margaritas now. After I turned 21 and realized how expensive mixed drinks were I learned to like beer. Now I prefer a beer over a mixed drink just about anytime. Occassionally I will have something different. But oh my god this food was so good and greasy!! No good weigh in for me tomorrow I'm sure!
  • lstpaul
    Options
    How exciting Bluenote! and I don't mind the play by play at all!
    p.s. thanks for the nice compliment, and I'm glad I'm not the only one with deep-seated profile picture issues! :wink:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Okay blue, now that my kids think I am nuts cause I am laughing out loud at the computer, I want to say please please please share your stories with us always

Kdub, looking good!!!!!

Cris, I hope you feel better.

If everybody is pregnant including me I am headed for divorce court. Hubby figured out what was causing all these kids to show up at our house and went to the doct to get it fixed.:laugh:

littlespy, congrats on the pending nuptials:flowerforyou: What day is it exactly?

Okay if mfp starts contacting you all and telling you that I have not logged in and may need encouragement don't panic. Momma has NOT quit. I am leaving for my annual church camp week, away from tv and computers. I can barely get a cell phone to work where we are out. This is the same church camp that last year was the very first year out of 9 that I could walk up the hill with all the ladies. I usually walked with my aunt that needed her hip replaced. Oh, I look so forward to this. No cooking, no cleaning (I do clean my room everyday) but NO kitchen cleaning. kids play so hard that after you wash all the dirt off of them they fall into bed and are sound asleep. Forget even really seeing the teenagers the whole week. They avoid us like the plague. Any how leaving Sunday and will be gone for a week. I will probably pop in tomorrow but not too often, I will be preparing meals for the hubby so that he will eat while I am gone.

If you have not noticed I am in a fantastic mood. I am going to yell this

RYAN DID ALL OF HIS WORK AT KINDERCAMP TODAY!!!!! HE PARTICIPATED AND DID, I SAID DID HIS WORK. HE WAS SITTING ON THE RUG WITH THE OTHER CHILDREN WAITING FOR ME. DID YOU HEAR THAT, LIKE THE OTHER CHILDREN, NOT ON THE FLOOR LAYING DOWN NEXT TO THE DOOR DOING WHAT EVER HE WANTED. HE WAS PARTICIPATING, BECAUSE HE WAS MADE TO PARTICIPATE. HE IS SMART AND HE CAN DO THIS. HE JUST NEEDS HELP. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Oh, I was so proud of him. If I could physically do this, I would have jumped up in the air and clicked my heels together right in the classroom. :laugh:
  • elmox
    Options
    blue - To echo the others - please don't stop posting your stories. Love them and you!

Momma - What wonderful news about Ryan! Just goes to show what an amazing teacher can do.

With that, :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: for our teachers: bluenote, KDub...I feel like I'm missing someone. Sorry if I am!

Jess - congrats on the 18s falling down! You gotta love that feeling! :love: :love: I'm currently inbetween a 14 and a 12. I'll be so excited when those 12s are crazy unflattering, because some of these 14s fall down and look all baggy without a belt.

ps - I'm about to get mopey...are you all reading my posts? I feel like no one has commented on any of my posts this week and it makes me a little sad. :cry: I feel lame saying something, but just wanted to check and see. I know we don't always need to reply to every post (I certainly don't!), but I wanted to kind of say, "Hey! Here I am!"

And now I feel silly, but it's how I'm feeling, so I'm putting it out there. :blushing:
  • elmox
    Options
    double post, whoops :blushing:
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    blue - To echo the others - please don't stop posting your stories. Love them and you!

Momma - What wonderful news about Ryan! Just goes to show what an amazing teacher can do.

With that, :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: for our teachers: bluenote, KDub...I feel like I'm missing someone. Sorry if I am!

Jess - congrats on the 18s falling down! You gotta love that feeling! :love: :love: I'm currently inbetween a 14 and a 12. I'll be so excited when those 12s are crazy unflattering, because some of these 14s fall down and look all baggy without a belt.

ps - I'm about to get mopey...are you all reading my posts? I feel like no one has commented on any of my posts this week and it makes me a little sad. :cry: I feel lame saying something, but just wanted to check and see. I know we don't always need to reply to every post (I certainly don't!), but I wanted to kind of say, "Hey! Here I am!"

And now I feel silly, but it's how I'm feeling, so I'm putting it out there. :blushing:

I see you!! :flowerforyou: I blew through the posts rather quickly earlier. Sorry I missed you!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    elmox, sorry sis!!! It is okay to let us know. We don't want to make anyone feel out of the loop. Thanks for the encouragement about my little guy I am just on cloud 9 about this.
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Okay blue, now that my kids think I am nuts cause I am laughing out loud at the computer, I want to say please please please share your stories with us always

Kdub, looking good!!!!!

Cris, I hope you feel better.

If everybody is pregnant including me I am headed for divorce court. Hubby figured out what was causing all these kids to show up at our house and went to the doct to get it fixed.:laugh:

littlespy, congrats on the pending nuptials:flowerforyou: What day is it exactly?

Okay if mfp starts contacting you all and telling you that I have not logged in and may need encouragement don't panic. Momma has NOT quit. I am leaving for my annual church camp week, away from tv and computers. I can barely get a cell phone to work where we are out. This is the same church camp that last year was the very first year out of 9 that I could walk up the hill with all the ladies. I usually walked with my aunt that needed her hip replaced. Oh, I look so forward to this. No cooking, no cleaning (I do clean my room everyday) but NO kitchen cleaning. kids play so hard that after you wash all the dirt off of them they fall into bed and are sound asleep. Forget even really seeing the teenagers the whole week. They avoid us like the plague. Any how leaving Sunday and will be gone for a week. I will probably pop in tomorrow but not too often, I will be preparing meals for the hubby so that he will eat while I am gone.

If you have not noticed I am in a fantastic mood. I am going to yell this

RYAN DID ALL OF HIS WORK AT KINDERCAMP TODAY!!!!! HE PARTICIPATED AND DID, I SAID DID HIS WORK. HE WAS SITTING ON THE RUG WITH THE OTHER CHILDREN WAITING FOR ME. DID YOU HEAR THAT, LIKE THE OTHER CHILDREN, NOT ON THE FLOOR LAYING DOWN NEXT TO THE DOOR DOING WHAT EVER HE WANTED. HE WAS PARTICIPATING, BECAUSE HE WAS MADE TO PARTICIPATE. HE IS SMART AND HE CAN DO THIS. HE JUST NEEDS HELP. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Oh, I was so proud of him. If I could physically do this, I would have jumped up in the air and clicked my heels together right in the classroom. :laugh:

Momma that's so great!!!! I bet you are so excited! YAY for Ryan having a great day!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Thanks, he was so cute when I picked him up he could tell I was excited for him. I let him call his dad and tell him. I guess dad said "I can't wait to see your work" so he wanted us to put the cell phone up to his back pack so it could see his work and then I guess dad would be able to see it too. So cute.
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    awww! He sounds adorable!