55-65 year old women's success?

Options

Replies

• Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi, @mph323, thanks for adding your inspiring weight loss story too, and to your beautiful healthy life. Welcome to the thread.
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Hot Damn! Today I’m officially just fat! My BMI is below 30!!!

Nice!
  • Trina2040
    Options
    I’m a perfect 10! Hubby took me shopping yesterday as he was tired of looks at my baggy *kitten* pants. Made the rounds of the discount stores. I was a tight 14 but the pants I got were all 10’s and they are perfect.

A perfect non scale victory! Congrats!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    ladies- still here?- i am still plugging along- doing my best-
  • ldtoner
    ldtoner Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Making_tracks you look wonderful! Congratulations on your hard work and success! I’m just starting back to MFP and exercise. I’ve been negligent for way too long, and boy am I out of shape! I only have about 15 pounds to lose, but I struggle with the discipline. Your story is very inspirational!
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    @making_tracks -well done!
  • Trina2040
    Options
    @making_tracks - great pics! You look awesome!
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    1,500 to 1,700 cals per day, 10k steps daily , 3 bike rides and two gym sessions each week

Your pics are amazing! Thanks for sharring your plan for success!
  • ysache13
    ysache13 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    ok I found a thread I like (not sure how to mark it so I don't lose you all) but I was on here last spring, was doing great - lost about 20 lbs and of course put on 11, so here I am again - not in a race, but looking also for others who "get me". I do think our age plays a roll. I'm 59 and had surgery on both feet, in P.T. and learning to walk again - so I'm just cutting calories again (it worked well last spring) - My goal is to be 155 lbs (I'm 179) so I have a bit of a journey ahead of me - I LOVE reading your posts it does encourage me to stay on track - Blessings! If you can tell me how to find the posts I'll do it - please add me as a friend if you can share personally that would even be better (I'm NOT good with computers, but trying)
  • dwebbqt
    dwebbqt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Had to catch up reading this morning. This group is so inspiring! Thank you ladies!
    I’m finally feeling myself after surgery 4 weeks ago. My cyst had a surprise tumor on it! Both non cancerous.
    I have changed up the foods I eat. I have eaten low fat for couple reasons. Added nuts back into my life instead of so sparingly. Makes me happy.
  • longkathleenann9291
    longkathleenann9291 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    1Nana2many wrote: »
    @making_tracks: you are making great progress! Looking great!

I have been doing some cleaning and came across a Maxine booklet and can’t resist sending you all this page. I am thinking everyone here can appreciate it! You just keep on rocking along! When I was still working at the Post Office, my wall calendar was always a Maxine calendar. Many people would come in to check out the new monthly page..she’s one of my favorites. We may have to age, after all, we were born doing it, but we do not have to lose our sense of humor about it! Enjoy!
    8176ety20ez2.jpeg

Love Maxine! I’ve lost 31 lbs (22 with MFP) and just this morning I noticed some new wrinkles and that my neck is looking more turkeyish. Oh well, fat might be natures Botox, but I’ll take a slimmer me with wrinkles over flabby me with smoothish skin!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies- and making tracks- any reason to buy new lingerie is wonderful!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!