55-65 year old women's success?

Options

Replies

• Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    So nice to hear from all the new people and have updates from those who've been around this thread for a long time. I'm turning 69 years old this month and I'm so grateful that I lost close to 50 lbs. Maintenance has been good though I still have to log and weigh food. I so suck at guesstimating portion sizes. My portions tend to get bigger and bigger as time goes by. Have to keep that in check and also because I want all the food all the time.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,837 Member
    Options
    dwebbqt wrote: »
    After coming here to follow all of you I thought I’d better actually say hi.
    I’m 55. Only 5’2”. Being short has advantages until it comes to calories 😂. I had been down to 125 and felt better than I have for years! Had gallbladder surgery 2 years ago and some heart issues. Started gaining. Got up to 155 following the eat more to weigh less. Struggled to get back to 140ish. I know I would feel better around 130ish. I’m a Fitbit fanatic. Frustrated trying to figure out what will actually work for me.

they should call that eat more to weigh more I think. LOL.. Welcome. And you will figure it out. Us shorties need to stick together.
  • dwebbqt
    dwebbqt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What healthy habits are you doing/working on?
  • dwebbqt
    Options
    /workinonit1956 it was meant for everyone 😁

I too love being “inefficient” while doing housework. I’m a Fitbit lover too. Water is a must for me. Logging too. I log EVERYTHING!
    What I can add to the suggestions so far is outside time. I’m lucky enough to have a dog to help me get this in.
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Options

Consistency works for me. I consistently hit the gym 3 days a week; I block my gym schedule in on my appointment calendar and schedule other appointment around those gym times/dates. Drink a ton of water. Walk everywhere I can; move, move, move. Wear my Fitbit 24/7 unless showering or swimming. Love that thing. Clock 20,000+ steps per day no matter what (for me that translates into 8 to 9 miles).

One major habit I've formed is not just logging on MFP but keeping a food, fitness, & health personal journal where I jot down notes, recipes, track my sleep (which I used to have a problem with in the past). I find it very useful to refer back to when I need some history on weight loss/gain, health/sleep issues, etc.
  • dwebbqt
    Options
    Trina2040 wrote: »

One major habit I've formed is not just logging on MFP but keeping a food, fitness, & health personal journal where I jot down notes, recipes, track my sleep (which I used to have a problem with in the past). I find it very useful to refer back to when I need some history on weight loss/gain, health/sleep issues, etc.

I keep reading about journaling, but have never really tried it like you suggest. I kept a running journal for a couple months. It was helpful thinking back on it, maybe I should give it a try! I’ll have to look into a journal app, can’t read my own writing half the time 😂
  • baxter466
    baxter466 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Anyone doing Keto and if so we're you successful......I am about 4 days in ...I think doing correct ....scale has not moved ....yes I expect miracles lol....but others seem to drop so much first week .......any thoughts on it ....I am not sure I am sold on Keto .....I am 58 ....thanks
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Hot Damn! Today I’m officially just fat! My BMI is below 30!!!

WOOHOO!! That's a biggie! Welcome to 'Just Fat'! :smiley:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!