55-65 year old women's success?

Options

Replies

• griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I agree w/all the above!! Love reading the posts and seeing that we all struggle w/some kind of issue. We are all in this together and the support has been wonderful!! Love all my MFP friends! Happy Thanksgiving to all! B)
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
  • griffinca2
    Options
    Many thanks; you (and everyone else) do the same!! B)
  • mk2fit
    Options
    Wow, where is everybody? I hurt my foot (bruised heel) the Thursday before Thanksgiving and could barely walk. Found a lot of seated cardio videos on youtube. Foot healed and have been slowly adding running back in to my routine. Ahhh. Of course, the weather is finally acting appropriately for this time of year so...
  • griffinca2
    Options
    Snow is pretty to look at (makes beautiful pics) and play in. Grew up in South. Cal and it would snow in late Dec - Feb. You could go see & play in it, then leave. Although I was assigned to Naval Station Keflavík, Iceland twice and had to deal w/it then. B)
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    All the important people are still here! LOL!
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Me too, AnnPT77
    ...just hanging and reading...
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Me too have joined the gym and loving it
  • mk2fit
    Options
    So glad all the important peeps are here, B)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,558 Member
    Options
    @1Nana2many, I'm sorry your family is going through this!

What you're doing for your brother is kind and generous. You are also doing the right thing by continuing to take some time and energy to pay attention to your own health: Just like the airplane instruction to put on your own oxygen mask before assisting others, we need to stay strong and healthy in order to be able to care for others around us.

Sending strength and positive thoughts, which is we agnostics' best approximation to prayers.
  • Trina2040
    Options
    @1Nana2many, so sorry to hear about your brother. Prayers for sure. Please take care of yourself as well. Hugs.
  • griffinca2
    Options
    Nana, Sorry to hear about your brother; he is on my prayer list. I don't think you're being selfish about taking care of yourself; you need to be healthy so you can take care of him. Hugs your way!!
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Nana, you are doing an honorable thing to provide a safe and comfortable place for your brother. Please look into your local senior center and hospice services to see if you can find a volunteer caregiver to help give you a break for your own health and peace. Strength and hugs to you, your brother, and all of your family.
  • 1Nana2many
    1Nana2many Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words. They are appreciated!
  • Eleted
    Eleted Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I missed you all so much! Sorry that I have been MIA! I retired and am gtg ready to leave for 3 months to be near my daughter and grandchildren in CA. I HAVE NEGLECTED MYSELF! Ugh! But enough madness, I am back! There is so much to do to leave your home for that long. It is so nice to hear that you are all doing so well. Nana: prayers to you and agree that you need to bring in help and make your health a priority.
    Thanks to all of you that continue to be such wonderful role models.
  • 1Nana2many
    1Nana2many Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    @Eleted Congratulations on your retirement! It takes a little getting used to, but you will enjoy it!
  • griffinca2
    Options
    @Eleted, Agree w/Nana!! Been retired for two years now; have a basic routine that I follow. Haven't felt led to volunteer somewhere yet; visit a local gym three days a week, and have my house cleaning projects lined up, so pretty much stay busy. Enjoy!!
  • Trina2040
    Options
    @Eleted, congrats on your retirement! Retired 6 years now and I'm busier than ever. I highly recommend it. Have a wonderful trip and stay healthy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!