Can girls get 6 packs?

Options

Replies

• ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Why do women want to look like men?

Are you trying to tell me I look like a man?

ny5jt5.jpg
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options

Are you trying to tell me I look like a man?

ny5jt5.jpg

Honestly, you look great, enviably fit, and feminine, and that doesn't look like a six pack.
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options

Honestly, you look great, enviably fit, and feminine, and that doesn't look like a six pack.

<--- does that look better? My point is that while I have abs which I can certainly make stand out when I want - they don't always look like that if I'm not trying.
  • muscleworks
    Options
    yup girls can defo get sixpacks! Im a physio as well as bein a fitness instructor for over 18 yrs and it can be done!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options

<--- does that look better? My point is that while I have abs which I can certainly make stand out when I want - they don't always look like that if I'm not trying.

You look great in both pictures, and show as much ab definition as I would ever want, not because I think that a six pack is bad.
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    13680647904061_zpsb6d4eb4e.jpg pretty sure I don't look like a dude.
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    You all look great!
    7880972d-0d20-4ca0-afec-294692118dc1_zps758ff081.jpg
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with this?
    1370111585_zps74e27e33.jpg
    no one said there was anything wrong with that. But that woman has very little muscle, she is skinny. I love lifting. This is the body it gave me and I like it and my husband love it.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

If being strong and having a six pack means I'll suddenly start looking like a man...I'm gonna have to say "sign me up anyway". That said I'm gonna have to say none of the women pictured in this thread looked at all manly just strong and sexy.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    Yes they can but why would they ever want to?

Why would they not want to you mean? Maybe they want to because it looks freaking awesome? :noway:

I would say be very careful when trying to reduce bodyfat to those low levels to get a six-pack or four-pack or eight-pack, You don't want to burn off most of your muscle mass with extreme dieting, and then once you burn off your muscle mass, you still never get there.

I've seen guys make the mistake of trying to diet off their bodyfat just to get the highly adored six pack and lose tremendous amounts of muscle in the process, and for what purpose, to make a few panties wet when you post a picture on the internet?

You presume too much and don't make much sense either. A bad combination.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    You all look great! I'm just saying six packs look manly.

You missed the most important bit off your sentence. It should have ended with 'In my opinion'.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Yes they can but why would they ever want to?

Why would they not want to you mean? Maybe they want to because it looks freaking awesome? :noway:

I would say be very careful when trying to reduce bodyfat to those low levels to get a six-pack or four-pack or eight-pack, You don't want to burn off most of your muscle mass with extreme dieting, and then once you burn off your muscle mass, you still never get there.

I've seen guys make the mistake of trying to diet off their bodyfat just to get the highly adored six pack and lose tremendous amounts of muscle in the process, and for what purpose, to make a few panties wet when you post a picture on the internet?

Wtf? :huh:
  • Endman
    Endman Posts: 894
    Options
    But I know guys can loose weight so easily!
    Not this guy!!!
  • jennifershoo
    Options

No you don't! you're hot!
  • jennifershoo
    Options

Not what I want to look like.
  • andrea_wants_abs
    Options
    To the fellas think muscles on girl are gross.

There are many body types and many lifestyles out there. I personally think that girls that lift and are strong enough to hold their ground are pretty bad *kitten*. I have a history in competition and sport, so I like being able to walk down the street feeling strong and confident- same goes for the pool, field, or court-- whatever the sporting venue might be. And lord knows I get a little lady boner when I'm in the gym and am out lifting the guy next to me or taking my squats deeper.

Just as some can believe that muscles make the female look masculine, when I look out to the general population of men, where are the muscles? I see a lot of guts, bellies, and sag. That is not my preference. I prefer my guy to be able to out lift me, but I'm not going to make it easy. Girls need muscles as much as guys do.

Everyone has a starting place, everyone can grow and improve, but don't hate when you want my abs. :) I'm not going to apologize for the work I put into being awesome.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options

Or me. But thats what men want apparently....and of course that's all that matters!! NOT!! lol
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

huba huba huba!
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Sooooo-
    My boyfriend and I are discussing a challenge- see who can get a 6 pack first.

He'll beat you hands-down :flowerforyou:

Yeah, but this is a win-win. If she wins she wins, if he wins she wins.

But, all that aside. Yes women can. But, can every woman. Probably not body composition isn't entirely under a persons control. If I could make my frame smaller for example I would, but I can't. I would also like to be taller, like 5'7, that isn't going to happen either. I can lose weight and BF though I can maybe get down to 25%, because of my age and health issues, it's not likely to go lower than that, get back to me in a year on that though.

So, I would say go for it. It won't really hurt to try, well except for sore gym muscles. Don't do anything insane though like 8 hour a day work outs and some asinine low calorie diet. If you reduce your calories and lose weight you will see remarkable improvements. Then at some point you can decide if a six pack is really worth an extra hour or two at the gym and the dedication to keeping your calories low enough to cut that body fat down to 18-15% which is lower than you need to go for health reasons.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

Or me. But thats what men want apparently....and of course that's all that matters!! NOT!! lol

not "men" just that one dude who posted it.