Can girls get 6 packs?

Options

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Yes they can but why would they ever want to?

My feelings exactly, but if you actually like that on a female, then go for it.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    You all look great! I'm just saying six packs look manly.
    7880972d-0d20-4ca0-afec-294692118dc1_zps758ff081.jpg

Not what I want to look like.

Or me. But thats what men want apparently....and of course that's all that matters!! NOT!! lol

not "men" just that one dude who posted it.

It's all meh anyway...beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say....
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    To the fellas think muscles on girl are gross.

There are many body types and many lifestyles out there. I personally think that girls that lift and are strong enough to hold their ground are pretty bad *kitten*. I have a history in competition and sport, so I like being able to walk down the street feeling strong and confident- same goes for the pool, field, or court-- whatever the sporting venue might be. And lord knows I get a little lady boner when I'm in the gym and am out lifting the guy next to me or taking my squats deeper.

Just as some can believe that muscles make the female look masculine, when I look out to the general population of men, where are the muscles? I see a lot of guts, bellies, and sag. That is not my preference. I prefer my guy to be able to out lift me, but I'm not going to make it easy. Girls need muscles as much as guys do.

Everyone has a starting place, everyone can grow and improve, but don't hate when you want my abs. :) I'm not going to apologize for the work I put into being awesome.

Hells yeah. All of this.
  • Lonarae12
    Lonarae12 Posts: 10
    Options
    To the people saying it's too manly looking, or you have to be on steroids (although that one guys was totally joking and I almost missed it lol I have to read all the way through!) - That's not true at all! - I have had a 6 pack off and on for several years, depending on my working out (and I did not workout to the extreme, I have never taken steroids and my weight has always been between 125-130 so I wasn't extremely skinny or hugely muscled like the female bodybuilders either) I don't have one right now because I just had my 2nd baby 4 weeks ago but I'm assuming/hoping it's just a matter of time. I do think genetics play a part but healthy eating and consistent workouts help.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Why do women want to look like men?

I'm pretty sure that having a six pack does not put a woman in danger of looking like you, luckily.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options

Strange when people feel the need to knock down other people's aims and goals for their bodies. Makes me wonder why they feel the need to do this? You don't like it, don't read about it. No one really needs to know whether you think they look manly or whatever do they really?
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    No, I don't think it's possible for girls to get six packs.

AT1_zpsd801e016.jpg
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

Strange when people feel the need to knock down other people's aims and goals for their bodies. Makes me wonder why they feel the need to do this? You don't like it, don't read about it. No one really needs to know whether you think they look manly or whatever do they really?

" It's all meh anyway...beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say...."
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I would say be very careful when trying to reduce bodyfat to those low levels to get a six-pack or four-pack or eight-pack, You don't want to burn off most of your muscle mass with extreme dieting, and then once you burn off your muscle mass, you still never get there.

I've seen guys make the mistake of trying to diet off their bodyfat just to get the highly adored six pack and lose tremendous amounts of muscle in the process, and for what purpose, to make a few panties wet when you post a picture on the internet?

wait, is there some higher purpose than this? i mean, isn't this is why we started lifting in the first place, wasn't it? When you've gotten to the point that panties drop at the mere sight of you....

XLxWUqK.jpg
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    13680647904061_zpsb6d4eb4e.jpg pretty sure I don't look like a dude.

this thread just got real
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    13680647904061_zpsb6d4eb4e.jpg pretty sure I don't look like a dude.

Yay Raychul! You're the first person I thought of when I saw this thread and that was precisely the pic I had in mind! Thanks for showing up, you all six pack, no photoshop, freak of nature you! LOLz. :drinker:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

AT1_zpsd801e016.jpg

How manly.

Assuming manly is code for "Sexy" and "God I'm so jealous." and "Crap, I gotta work harderrrr"
  • michellechawner
    Options
    six-pack-150x150.jpgtrack-doing-the-work-150x150.jpg

It is totally possible to get a six pack, but the picture on the left is photoshopped, so please don't expect those results.

THANK YOU! Unless it is a photo of an actually person on here and they can say "yes this is my 6 pack no photo shop" I don't buy the other photos at all. Photoshop is giving us unrealistic expectations.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    It is genetically impossible for a women to have abs without being on steroids, at most doing its naturally girls can only have a 2 pack because of their xx chromosomes so the only way to get a six pack is to also have a y chromosomes which why some women will use steroids to get a 6 pack. Just kidding it is totally possible for girls to get 6 pack, girls can't get a 6 pack is a myth.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I hope it's possible, 'cause I sure will be trying!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options

AT1_zpsd801e016.jpg

How manly.

Assuming manly is code for "Sexy" and "God I'm so jealous." and "Crap, I gotta work harderrrr"
    [/quote

More like it's code for "Jesus Christ don't let that happen to me". Photoshopped to hell.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    AT1_zpsd801e016.jpg

Annie Thorisdottir - 2012 CrossFit Games Champion

She is an absolute machine. She's actually not very tall either. And no this photo is NOT Photoshopped.

annie-thorisdottir-420x420_0.jpg
  • princesspea234
    princesspea234 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Why do women want to look like men?

If being strong and having a six pack means I'll suddenly start looking like a man...I'm gonna have to say "sign me up anyway". That said I'm gonna have to say none of the women pictured in this thread looked at all manly just strong and sexy.

Agreed about all of these women.... Super jealous, but there are some exceptions to the muscles are hot rule for me.... For example Pink. I can see where someone could find that body manly.

http://cdn.theblemish.com/images/2013/02/pink-bikini-beach-640x458.jpg

I'm probably going to get in trouble for this, but I just don't find that attractive.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    six-pack-150x150.jpgtrack-doing-the-work-150x150.jpg

Nom nom nom Photoshop abs!
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to achieve a flat tummy (please let my hard work pay off some day!) but if I could lose the fat and firm up I would love to try for a six pack! I'm not sure if its possible as after 5 kids as my tummys pretty saggy ugh but I'll keep trying!

My partner however, thinks its totally gross and says he'd be really unhappy if I was all muscle-y. I don't really get how he could love my body more at 180lbs than he would if I was healthily slender with a bit of muscle. Maybe he's a feeder lol
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    He'll get them first. Women have to get very lean to see all of their abs.