Can girls get 6 packs?

Options

Replies

• raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Why do women want to look like men?

I'm pretty sure that having a six pack does not put a woman in danger of looking like you, luckily.
    lmao!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    AT1_zpsd801e016.jpg

Annie Thorisdottir - 2012 CrossFit Games Champion

She is an absolute machine. She's actually not very tall either. And no this photo is NOT Photoshopped.

annie-thorisdottir-420x420_0.jpg

Oh. My. God. NO.!!!!! (And I have just as much right to say that this is IMHO the opposite of sexy as you do to disagree.)
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Yes they can but why would they ever want to?

Why would they not want to you mean? Maybe they want to because it looks freaking awesome? :noway:

I would say be very careful when trying to reduce bodyfat to those low levels to get a six-pack or four-pack or eight-pack, You don't want to burn off most of your muscle mass with extreme dieting, and then once you burn off your muscle mass, you still never get there.

I've seen guys make the mistake of trying to diet off their bodyfat just to get the highly adored six pack and lose tremendous amounts of muscle in the process, and for what purpose, to make a few panties wet when you post a picture on the internet?

Yea this is true. I've seen this happen to a lot of dudes. Most of them don't even know why they want to get down to say stage conditioning (6% or below). Then they end up f*cking up. There's a diff between getting ripped for the summer and getting ripped to compete.

I don't see why anyone would want to attempt to get that lean, unsupervised, and just for vanity. If you're not dropping panties at 9% I don't know what the hell makes people think a few more striations will.
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    13680647904061_zpsb6d4eb4e.jpg pretty sure I don't look like a dude.

Yay Raychul! You're the first person I thought of when I saw this thread and that was precisely the pic I had in mind! Thanks for showing up, you all six pack, no photoshop, freak of nature you! LOLz. :drinker:
    haha wasn't going to offer more than my 2 cents. But that comment got under my skin. Myths like that are the reason so many women are afraid to lift weights.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    i was reading your post and was about to :mad: :explode: but then i was :laugh:
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Yes! I had a sex pack until this winter.

Hmm-- I didn't realize you could buy a whole package of sex.
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Yes they can but why would they ever want to?

Why would they not want to you mean? Maybe they want to because it looks freaking awesome? :noway:

I would say be very careful when trying to reduce bodyfat to those low levels to get a six-pack or four-pack or eight-pack, You don't want to burn off most of your muscle mass with extreme dieting, and then once you burn off your muscle mass, you still never get there.

I've seen guys make the mistake of trying to diet off their bodyfat just to get the highly adored six pack and lose tremendous amounts of muscle in the process, and for what purpose, to make a few panties wet when you post a picture on the internet?

You presume too much and don't make much sense either. A bad combination.

Well, if you're a girl, you'd probably not care that much if you burn off a lot of muscle mass to get the highly coveted six pack, but for a guy it's a different story. Requires body composition monitoring measuring BF percentage and weight to find the sweet spot - a combination of macro-nutrient ratios and calorie deficit that produces only fat loss with trivial amounts of LBM loss.

To be honest here, I don't think you know what you're talking about.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    AT1_zpsd801e016.jpg

She is an absolute machine. She's actually not very tall either. And no this photo is NOT Photoshopped.

Oh. My. God. NO.!!!!! (And I have just as much right to say that this is IMHO the opposite of sexy as you do to disagree.)

And I have the right to say that, imho, you are either blind or crazed. Could be both.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    AT1_zpsd801e016.jpg

Personally, I think she is a babe.
    She lifts weights (CrossFit). if you want to see absolutely stunning runners with six-packs, google Shalane Flanagan or Kara Goucher.
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    You all look great! I'm just saying six packs look manly.
    7880972d-0d20-4ca0-afec-294692118dc1_zps758ff081.jpg

Not what I want to look like.

I'll gladly take that look!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    AT1_zpsd801e016.jpg

l8dncIT.png
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    It's a myth. I had an 8-pack after I finished basic training in the military.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    six-pack-150x150.jpgtrack-doing-the-work-150x150.jpg

It is totally possible to get a six pack, but the picture on the left is photoshopped, so please don't expect those results.

THANK YOU! Unless it is a photo of an actually person on here and they can say "yes this is my 6 pack no photo shop" I don't buy the other photos at all. Photoshop is giving us unrealistic expectations.

Ummmmm....maybe this got past you somehow but there are some pretty giant pics here of a beauty in a red bikini wearing a floppy sunhat that are of a real person from my FL. She is I assure you real, and the phone camera in her hand attests to the fact that she is not photoshopped. Go back and look at the page where you posted, above your post back a few posts. She is repeated on that page a few times. All real.
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    You all look great! I'm just saying six packs look manly.
    7880972d-0d20-4ca0-afec-294692118dc1_zps758ff081.jpg
    She looks fake, like porcelain. I'd prefer to look a little more--oh, I don't know--real?
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    AT1_zpsd801e016.jpg

I am starting to believe you are on these forums for the sole purpose of saying "eww" every single damn time someone posts a picture of a fit woman. It's getting irritating.
    Trust me, everyone knows what your opinion is by now.

The original poster asked if it's possible for girls to get a six pack, not if you find it attractive. Therefore, your comments were uncalled for and offensive to the OP who is striving to achieve the physique you love to criticize so much.
    Maybe next time you could take all that into consideration before hitting "post".
    You're no better than the people calling the overweight "whales".
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    AT1_zpsd801e016.jpg

I don't think you need to worry about looking like that.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I always have a 6 pack

6-pack-holster-e1354651712121.jpg
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    AT1_zpsd801e016.jpg

I don't think you need to worry about looking like that.

Oh snap. Gauntlet thrown. :laugh:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Hahaha. Did I REALLY just read that some guy said girls can't get abs without steroids? I'm guessing he smokes crack, because I certainly don't do steroids and never have, lol. Its 80% food and 20% workouts. Good luck, OP!!
  • lisahewitt22
    lisahewitt22 Posts: 102
    Options
    Girls can but they're just not the same as boy's six packs. Usually girl's are less defined and it can also make your hips very narrow.