How much weight loss to see a noticeable difference!?

Replies

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    For every person who loses weight and wants someone to comment about it, there are three more people annoyed that people are commenting on their weight loss.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,959 Member
    edited January 2015
    karyabc wrote: »
    -154lbs and a uk size 12 and now at 112 and STILL a uk size 12. not trying to sound annoying but OMG i didn't even know if that is possible, to lose so much weight and the same size? the only thing that comes to head is maybe to try different brands , you'll be surprise how some differ from one to other

the other thing!? :\ im sorry but have to say it, you have lost 42 effing pounds, embrace it, love your self in whatever size you are, don't lose energy in other people thoughts, focus on your self, not because we are slim every single piece of clothes gonna look nice, find your style and things that work with your body.

good luck

What comes to my mine is that she may have been forcing her body into a size 12 when she weighed more and that size didn't actually fit her back then but does now. Lots of people don't wear the right size for their figures. She wears a US size 8, which is a very nice size.

I agree with what other people said, you shouldn't be trying to lose more weight. Maybe you've lost so much that people are scared to comment because they think it might make you want to lose MORE weight and become ill. Especially people close to you who know that you "hate yourself" - which you shouldn't.
  • fatfox13
    fatfox13 Posts: 30 Member
    edited January 2015
    I was uk 12-14 and never ever forced myself into clothes that were too small, that is just disgusting - no one wants to see that! I was/am very aware of not squeezing into things that don't fit.
    I just went shopping to try on smaller sizes like some of you suggested...it was awful, currently at the bus stop in tears having tried to fit into size 14 jeans and they were snug
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    fatfox13 wrote: »
    I was uk 12-14 and never ever forced myself into clothes that are too small, that is just disgusting - no one wants to see that! I just went shopping to try on smaller sizes like some of you suggested...it was awful, currently at the bus stop in tears having tried to fit into size 14 jeans and they were snug

but you look good based on the pics you posted earlier. I really don't understand this at all.
  • kbkeats
    kbkeats Posts: 103 Member
    I've lost 25 lb over the past 10 months, and I noticed the most change in the last 10lbs. Even when the scale wasn't moving quickly, my shape was changing. Slow and steady!
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    I was uk 12-14 and never ever forced myself into clothes that were too small, that is just disgusting - no one wants to see that! I was/am very aware of not squeezing into things that don't fit.
    I just went shopping to try on smaller sizes like some of you suggested...it was awful, currently at the bus stop in tears having tried to fit into size 14 jeans and they were snug

Perhaps you have wide hips. One of my friends is much thinner than I am, but wears a larger size than I do because of to her bone structure. Bottom line, don't worry about the size, and don't worry about what others think. There are myraid reasons why people may not comment on your weight. You look good the way you are, everyone has complimented your pictures. Find something else to focus on-- start lifting weights and maybe training for some sort of event. Perhaps start yoga. Yoga helped me appreciate my body more. I love seeing how my strength and form improves over time.
  • Aviva92
    edited January 2015
    lemon629 wrote: »

Perhaps you have wide hips. One of my friends is much thinner than I am, but wears a larger size than I do because of to her bone structure. Bottom line, don't worry about the size, and don't worry about what others think. There are myraid reasons why people may not comment on your weight. You look good the way you are, everyone has complimented your pictures. Find something else to focus on-- start lifting weights and maybe training for some sort of event. Perhaps start yoga. Yoga helped me appreciate my body more. I love seeing how my strength and form improves over time.

Wide hips would not explain not going down a pants size. It would just explain being at a larger pants size than others who are your same weight and height. She's comparing herself to herself, not herself to other people, thus this doesn't make any sense and is irrelevant to her issue.
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    edited January 2015

You weigh 112 pounds. You are at the lowest end of a healthy weight for your size. Your body is in beautiful condition.

The problem isn't your body. The problem is that you dislike your body.

We can't help you with that.
  • lemon629
    Aviva92 wrote: »

Wide hips would not explain not going down a pants size. It would just explain being at a larger pants size than others who are your same weight and height. She's comparing herself to herself, not herself to other people, thus this doesn't make any sense and is irrelevant to her issue.

That is true and is why I told her to stop worrying about losing weight and changing sizes.
  • Aviva92
    edited January 2015

That is true and is why I told her to stop worrying about losing weight and changing sizes.

that isn't what you said. you said that her wide hips might be making it so she can't go down a pants size. i'm saying wide hips are completely irrelevant to that. It's about whether or not you have fat to lose in your stomach, thighs and butt that dictates if your pants size will go down. your bone structure is a constant. It will not dictate whether your pants size decreases though. Maybe she never had any fat in those areas, but that seems odd for losing 40 pounds. Where did the fat come from?
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    This means absolutely nothing unless you tried on several different brands of jeans. About a month ago I tried on jeans to get an idea of what my current size is. I went to several stores, including a department store and some specialty boutiques. I tried on 12...yes, I counted...pairs of jeans. All size 10 or 12. Most of the 12s were CLEARLY too big. One was alright...slightly big but I could wear them if I had to. The final 12 was so small I couldn't even get it over my hips.

Of the tens, the majority fit very well...except for one pair that was really tight but I could wear if I didn't mind major muffin top and one that wouldn't even go over my thighs.

Women's clothing sizes are not standardized at all. When you add in the impact of vanity sizing, the size is basically meaningless.

• lemon629
    edited January 2015

that isn't what you said. you said that her wide hips might be making it so she can't go down a pants size. i'm saying wide hips are completely irrelevant to that. It's about whether or not you have fat to lose in your stomach, thighs and butt that dictates if your pants size will go down. your bone structure is a constant. It will not dictate whether your pants size decreases though. Maybe she never had any fat in those areas, but that seems odd for losing 40 pounds. Where did the fat come from?

I think it is, too. She might be suffering from body dysphoria and seeing something that's not really there. She needs to focus on something else.

Plus a number on tag doesn't mean much.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,059 Member

This focus on fitting into a pants size, to the point where you are crying over it, is not healthy. This is coupled on top of all of your posts and your profile description.

Please seek help. Talking to a professional will do no harm, but they will be able to help you navigate through why you are feeling this way over your body (which is at a healthy weight that is teetering towards the absolute lowest you should be), and what you can do to improve your relationship with it.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    edited January 2015
    One look at a few of this person's posts and profile and it's apparent that she's either:

A. Troll.

B. Mentally ill beyond any of our pay grade and experience.

C. All of the above.

Let it go.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    One look at a few of this person's posts and profile and it's apparent that she's either:

A. Troll.

C. All of the above.

Let it go.

My thoughts as well...
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member

I thought that said "gay pride."

• LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member

I thought that said "gay pride."

Well, hey, you know, those marches do burn off calories. :blush:

• fatfox13
    fatfox13 Posts: 30 Member
    edited January 2015
    Firstly this is my FIRST and ONLY post and all I asked is how much weight do you need to lose before it shows. Secondly, I was bullied severely for being fat and ugly - I'm not mentally ill, im hurting from nasty people like you...The only "troll" or "mentally ill" person here is you, picking on someone else to make yourself feel better. I will not be acknowledging your bitter nasty bullying comments any further.
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    I've lost 30 lbs over the past 6 months and very few people have commented. I am wearing a size smaller (barely). I think it depends on the person. Someone posted a success story on MFP lately, with pictures. She had lost 30 lbs but looked like she had lost at least 50 -- I was impressed. I say keep with the food program and exercise -- and over time it will be noticeable. (btw, I asked a friend why she thought nobody was noticing and she says a lot of people hesitate to mention your weight)
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Firstly this is my FIRST and ONLY post and all I asked is how much weight do you need to lose before it shows. Secondly, I was bullied severely for being fat and ugly - I'm not mentally ill, im hurting from nasty people like you...The only "troll" or "mentally ill" person here is you, picking on someone else to make yourself feel better. I will not be acknowledging your bitter nasty bullying comments any further.

I am so sorry you were bullied. :( I was bullied too, by my very own mother, who loved to call me lard*ss and the like. It does leave its mark.

Much love to you.