How much weight loss to see a noticeable difference!?

Options
123457»

Replies

• fatfox13
    fatfox13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    fatfox13 wrote: »
    Firstly this is my FIRST and ONLY post and all I asked is how much weight do you need to lose before it shows. Secondly, I was bullied severely for being fat and ugly - I'm not mentally ill, im hurting from nasty people like you...The only "troll" or "mentally ill" person here is you, picking on someone else to make yourself feel better. I will not be acknowledging your bitter nasty bullying comments any further.

I am so sorry you were bullied. :( I was bullied too, by my very own mother, who loved to call me lard*ss and the like. It does leave its mark.

Much love to you.

xxx
  • fatfox13
    Options
    slucki01 wrote: »
    I've lost 30 lbs over the past 6 months and very few people have commented. I am wearing a size smaller (barely). I think it depends on the person. Someone posted a success story on MFP lately, with pictures. She had lost 30 lbs but looked like she had lost at least 50 -- I was impressed. I say keep with the food program and exercise -- and over time it will be noticeable. (btw, I asked a friend why she thought nobody was noticing and she says a lot of people hesitate to mention your weight)

Thank you and congrats! :)

• Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    Firstly this is my FIRST and ONLY post and all I asked is how much weight do you need to lose before it shows. Secondly, I was bullied severely for being fat and ugly - I'm not mentally ill, im hurting from nasty people like you...The only "troll" or "mentally ill" person here is you, picking on someone else to make yourself feel better. I will not be acknowledging your bitter nasty bullying comments any further.

I think that people are just baffled that you think you're fat. Based on your pictures, you aren't fat, unless you look significantly different in person.

Really not sure why your size didn't decrease though. You said your pants size is the same, but is your shirt size the same too? When I lost weight, my shirt size only went down from a small to an extra small because I never was that big on top to begin with. My pants size went down a lot more.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options

FAT AND UGLY?? WTF :s i will say this to you, if you can see my profile picture that is me, a almost 300 lbs young women and i'm even smiling, there is nothing wrong with you, you are not the problem, stop letting people get in your mind , i got news for you you could be a size 2 and people will never be 100% satisfied with your look. and btw don't know why for some therapy is such a bad advice or thing to do, i've see doing wonders for others, so please take it in consideration.
  • Aviva92
    Options
    karyabc wrote: »

FAT AND UGLY?? WTF :s i will say this to you, if you can see my profile picture that is me, a almost 300 lbs young women and i'm even smiling, there is nothing wrong with you, you are not the problem, stop letting people get in your mind , i got news for you you could be a size 2 and people will never be 100% satisfied with your look. and btw don't know why for some therapy is such a bad advice or thing to do, i've see doing wonders for others, so please take it in consideration.

yeah, i'm a size 2 and fatfox13 has a better body than me. she's more in proportion. she should stop hating herself.
  • rubymali
    rubymali Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people that see you all the time will not see a difference in loss of weight... .. i have started to lose weight .people that i libe with or i see everyday cant really tell much but when i go away to my parents/bros nd sis that live away they can always tell that i have lost weight.. if u know you have then really u dont need anyone else to say you have.. you knw all the hardwrk you have put in and what it took to get where you are
  • fatfox13
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »

I think that people are just baffled that you think you're fat. Based on your pictures, you aren't fat, unless you look significantly different in person.

Really not sure why your size didn't decrease though. You said your pants size is the same, but is your shirt size the same too? When I lost weight, my shirt size only went down from a small to an extra small because I never was that big on top to begin with. My pants size went down a lot more.

My bra size has decreased, back down to an A cup (never had much there anyway and I am a pear shape) but I'm still a UK 12-14 on top cuz of me belly and chunky arms xo
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    karyabc wrote: »
    FAT AND UGLY?? WTF :s i will say this to you, if you can see my profile picture that is me, a almost 300 lbs young women and i'm even smiling, there is nothing wrong with you, you are not the problem, stop letting people get in your mind , i got news for you you could be a size 2 and people will never be 100% satisfied with your look.
    QFT. I'm sooo much fatter than Opposite-of-FatFox13. :wink: And, even though I don't fit in "straight" jeans at the store, I'm quite happy with how far I have come!

OP, you say "men don't want to get to know the fat miserable" you. No, the truth is "men don't want to get to know the ... miserable" you. You may be miserable, but you are not fat. There are lots of ladies who outweigh you by 100+ lbs. on these forums that are in happy fulfilling relationships with handsome, manly men. That's because these ladies accept who they are, they are happy in their own skin, and men love happy, confident women.

REPEAT AFTER US!

"I am perfect just the way I am!"
    "My body is healthy, and I deserve to be happy!"
    "I am 55 lbs. thinner than the average American woman." (You are!) :D
    "I am proud to be me!"
  • fatfox13
    Options

My bra size has decreased, back down to an A cup (never had much there anyway and I am a pear shape) but I'm still a UK 12-14 on top cuz of me belly xo
    Also, those pics are just bad lighting with a camera phone in a mirror - they'd be a lot more scary if taken in day light outside lol but I'm too chicken
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

You've made my point.

I'm serious when I suggest you get into some therapy or talk to a counselor. Your issues expand far further than your pant size. There's no shame in needing help.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

My bra size has decreased, back down to an A cup (never had much there anyway and I am a pear shape) but I'm still a UK 12-14 on top cuz of me belly and chunky arms xo

Most of what you've posted is indicative of dysmorphic thinking.
  • ReeseG4350
    ReeseG4350 Posts: 146 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    First of all girl, change your online moniker from "fatfox" to "phatfox" (pretty hot and tasty, yes?) Second, just a divergent for me - it's been so long since I've heard anybody refer to weight in stone! Ahhh! Thanks.
    -
    Now. Are you working out? focusing on toning those parts of your body that you want to trim up or that you "don't see any difference" in? It's important! You state that it took you several years to take off most of it? Perhaps that's part of the "problem". The very gradual process made the weight loss almost invisible to everyone. But you definitely need to work on exercise and toning, especially if you, yourself, have seen no difference.

You could randomly line up a dozen women approximately the same height and with the same weight and yet you could find a span of three (or more) dress sizes and they would all look outrageously different! It's all about how much muscle you have versus how much fat you are carrying. [A note here: Once upon a time, I was lifting weights, enough to be competitive at it... a single dead lift max weight was 225# and I'm a woman! Now the guys can tell you, that's a LOT of weight.] I was also 5'9" weighed 168# and wore a size 6 dress. (Nowadays, that would probably be a size 4! (U.S.)) Massive muscle mass. But not bulky. So people couldn't believe how much I weighed.

Physics lesson: Muscle is more dense, therefore it weighs more per cubic foot than a cubic foot of fat. Slap five pounds of fat around your waist and it'll change your clothing size. Slap five pounds of muscle around your waist and you'll barely notice.

SilverRose is also 100% correct. You need to learn to love and respect yourself no matter what you look like on the outside. If you do, others will too.

And, lastly, the hardest part is learning not to see your 'fat' self when you look in the mirror at your new self. Sometimes this is something that cannot be done alone. Sometimes, counseling or group therapy is just what you need to help to see yourself realistically.

Face it, it was psychological issues that put most of us in the fat suit in the first place. You're going to need to address those psychological issues to fully overcome the overweight problem. It's not all just about what size pants you wear.
  • Aviva92
    Options

oh, i'm not sure of shirt sizes. here it runs as extra small, small, medium, large, etc and not number sizes.

you took the pics down, but i didn't think you had chunky anything based on those pics.
  • MelonFlower
    MelonFlower Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    You've lost 25% of your bodyweight and they haven't noticed?

What do their guide dogs think?

haha awesome