Ladies - How many pounds for YOU to lose a pants size?

Options
How many pounds do you have to lose to drop a pants size? I know it will vary from person to person....just curious!

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    10-15 for me.
  • Patrice120
    Patrice120 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    About 10 pounds per size for me.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Not sure either. I've lost 22lbs. Went from a size 12-14 to a size 8
  • ninayoungdog617
    ninayoungdog617 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    How many pounds do you have to lose to drop a pants size? I know it will vary from person to person....just curious!

Normally it is 10 lbs for a size. However height does play a role. I am 5'10".
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    About 10.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input! I was just curious because it takes me about 20# which seemed like alot (im pretty proportional top and bottom...not a pear or apple) to go down a size. Im currently 218 and in a size 16 (loose but 14's are tight).
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    The less you have to lose, the more significant of a difference in jean size you'll see with less weight loss. I mean, it will depend on genetics on how fat loss is distributed but it seems that way.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I'm working on going from a 14 to a 12. 9 lbs is not enough. I'm 5" 6""
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I honestly have not noticed. I'll have to keep an eye on that.
  • danigarcia818
    danigarcia818 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've just started my journey, lost 9 lbs but no change in clothes. I guess it's too early to tell...
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I've just started my journey, lost 9 lbs but no change in clothes. I guess it's too early to tell...

I don't know how tall you are, but I also needed to lose 70 pounds (I've lost 33) and at about 15 pounds was when the 14s started to fit again.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    meritage4 wrote: »
    I'm working on going from a 14 to a 12. 9 lbs is not enough. I'm 5" 6""

I'm 5'6", 167, and can fit into everything from a 12-16. I can zip up the only 10s I have, but it's pretty bulgy.

Someone once posted a link to a site where they had pics of women along with their weights and sizes. I'd like to see that again to compare my new weight.

I believe its mybodygallery.com