Male members with only females on their friends list.

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• iarelarry
    iarelarry Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Do any other ladies find it off-putting when you accept a friend request from a man and then you go and check out their page and ALL of their friends are females? Usually they are all females my age or there abouts and showing a lot of skin (i.e. muscle and progress) in their pics. It just looks like a collection of hot girls.

I delete them right away. It just kind of pisses me off.

Sorry.. I'll stop. :cry:
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    "Male Members" Ha Ha Ha

I know, it never gets old - laughing at myself for that!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    And by the way, the influx of male requests has subsided since changing my bikini profile pic :smile:
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I mostly add people who make "add me" posts (and seem like good additions) and accept requests from people who send them to me. The majority of my friends are women, but most of the "add me" posts I see are from women anyway, so it makes sense.

Honestly, I'd feel weird sending a request that basically says "love your body shot," but maybe that's a failing on my end.
  • brian1383
    brian1383 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Friends list? Sure.

But there are clearly more women on MFP than men.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Little bit of a side issue, but I've noticed that when people don't send messages with FRs, it's usually tough to get them to talk at all. I have a zero tolerance policy. I only accept people if there is some sort of 2-way communication first. The reason is simple: to me; I only believe in adding people if they're willing to post or talk at least to some degree. When people don't send a message, my solution is to send them one and only one message explaining my deal. If they don't reply after a few days, then they're obviously not really interested in being friends, so I can't accept them. I don't care how hot a woman's profile picture is, either...no talk, no accept...zero tolerance policy. You can't sway me no matter what you do in that case (short of actually replying and explaining how you found me).
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm flattered lol :drinker:
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Do any other ladies find it off-putting when you accept a friend request from a man and then you go and check out their page and ALL of their friends are females? Usually they are all females my age or there abouts and showing a lot of skin (i.e. muscle and progress) in their pics. It just looks like a collection of hot girls.

I delete them right away. It just kind of pisses me off.

Don't be silly.
  • Mr_Competitive
    Options
    seriously? A little precious IMO

Personally Im attracted to fit looking women and find it a little dodgy having guys six packs on my friend list .....and ive only been on here 3 days but most of the cool people have been female :)
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Yeah - I've run into this myself. They're not all bad. I know of one who is a great guy - he does collect the girls though.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I don't look at their other friends. Seems kinda stalkerish.
  • Josh5957
    Josh5957 Posts: 120
    Options
    Rather look at hot females than dudes.. DUH!
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I don't look at their other friends. Seems kinda stalkerish.

Best answer.
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Idk I take it as a compliment when one of those dudes wants to add me lol

This. I am flattered, especially when all of their friends are hotties. It must mean that they think that I too, am a hottie.

That being said, if I accept their friendship and then they send me creepy messages, I delete immediately. But that is pretty rare.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    There are just as many girls with only guys on their lists. Nothing wrong either way. Personally, I prefer a good mix. Adds variety when I'm running through my friend feed. Guys are talking about their lifts and girls are talking about their cardio. I want to support my friends and if you don't support me, then I delete.