Male members with only females on their friends list.

Options

Replies

• SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    We all have something we collect ;)
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't have any friends yet. I feel kind of awkward just sending random people friend requests, let alone just females! Lol.
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    I have mostly women on my friends list too and I quite honestly don't see anything wrong with it. I really don't see what's wrong with men having mostly women on their friends list and vise versa. Granted I don't interact with all of my female (as well as male) friends but those I do interact with are good friends and I get along very well with them because we mostly encourage and motivate each other. But then again, I can't help it if most friend requests I get are from women! Surely I can't turn them down? That would just be downright rude and heartless.
  • be_dazzled
    be_dazzled Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Collectors :mad:

Take is as a compliment. They probably won't communicate with you and if they do assume they are lying.
  • Prplhead
    Prplhead Posts: 82
    Options
    I used to have 69 friends here, and a dude wasn't one. After a TMI Tuesday, a few dropped off. That was ok; not every woman is down with a big purple head popping up in her life...

Seriously? Too many men here are GTL fistpumpers. Not my scene. The women here are serious about their fitness and much more fun to hang with than any swinging "Richard" on the boards...

lol at the swinging "Richards".. oops well I thought it was funny but it's totally fine with me. Best friend was one but not heard it called that is all.

You must be one of my 69... Oh wait! You are! Lol.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Thanks to this thread I got two more male friends
  • mrack42
    mrack42 Posts: 14
    Options
    It's kinda a whole different deal for men here, I think. It's not in our nature, while dieting, to seek out a lot of other men to 'talk to about it'. There's an alpha male mentality, you're not looking to attach yourself to a bunch of other dudes who are trying to look attractive... it's... from our perspective, if a guy had a lot of guy friends on a dieting site, THAT would be creepy to us. Like... I don't want some random dude telling me how hot my *kitten* is looking these days. Think about that.

Bear in mind that guys aren't going to come here to be pervs. There are any number of infinitely more appropriate websites for that. Like, if you friend a guy, and he has 200 "hot chick" friends... and no food diary... sure, THEN maybe get suspicious. But why would "that guy" hang around here?

Also, as has been said, there are more women here than men.

And yeah, I'm sure there's a degree of animal magnetism to it. I'm trying to make myself more attractive... is that not part of it for everyone here? Does that HAVE to be creepy? Should you expect to find a LOT of people here who aren't looking good? If that were true, I'd say it's not very successful at what it's meant to accomplish, lol!

So really, I mean... I don't think you have to feel weird about it. It's just a whole different thing for guys here.
  • HoneyDaggers
    HoneyDaggers Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind. :wink:
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I had a guy like that on my friends list once and it didn't bother me at first, but everything he posted was "sexy ladies" and all the things he wanted to do to all his friends. He was kinda creepy. It was like soldierdad all over again.
  • Refr_Quicksilver
    Options
    My friends list is all women. cant help it.
  • MisterLovahLovah
    Options
    Do any other ladies find it off-putting when you accept a friend request from a man and then you go and check out their page and ALL of their friends are females? Usually they are all females my age or there abouts and showing a lot of skin (i.e. muscle and progress) in their pics. It just looks like a collection of hot girls.

I delete them right away. It just kind of pisses me off.
    I don't know what compels you to delete them right away. Apart from unbridled insecurity
  • Refr_Quicksilver
    Options
    EXACTLY! well stated.
    It's kinda a whole different deal for men here, I think. It's not in our nature, while dieting, to seek out a lot of other men to 'talk to about it'. There's an alpha male mentality, you're not looking to attach yourself to a bunch of other dudes who are trying to look attractive... it's... from our perspective, if a guy had a lot of guy friends on a dieting site, THAT would be creepy to us. Like... I don't want some random dude telling me how hot my *kitten* is looking these days. Think about that.

Bear in mind that guys aren't going to come here to be pervs. There are any number of infinitely more appropriate websites for that. Like, if you friend a guy, and he has 200 "hot chick" friends... and no food diary... sure, THEN maybe get suspicious. But why would "that guy" hang around here?

And yeah, I'm sure there's a degree of animal magnetism to it. I'm trying to make myself more attractive... is that not part of it for everyone here? Does that HAVE to be creepy? Should you expect to find a LOT of people here who aren't looking good? If that were true, I'd say it's not very successful at what it's meant to accomplish, lol!

So really, I mean... I don't think you have to feel weird about it. It's just a whole different thing for guys here.
  • mrack42
    mrack42 Posts: 14
    Options
    16 guys and 14 ladies on my Fl.So i guess i am your new best friend in here

tumblr_m50nwftrvp1qayxuq.gif

...said the guy w/ 16 MFP profiles... IT'S A TRAP!

lol, just kidding, but I had to. See, this is probably part of the reason guys here are (generally speaking) going to have more female friends than male friends.
  • tikimatt
    tikimatt Posts: 23
    Options
    EXACTLY! well stated.

^^^^^
    This...
  • MisterLovahLovah
    Options
    16 guys and 14 ladies on my Fl.So i guess i am your new best friend in here

tumblr_m50nwftrvp1qayxuq.gif

...said the guy w/ 16 MFP profiles... IT'S A TRAP!

lol, just kidding, but I had to. See, this is probably part of the reason guys here are (generally speaking) going to have more female friends than male friends.
    Also, why is it a dealbreaker for people like the op?
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Not a deal breaker for me, but I have theories about why other people care about it...
    1) judgmental
    2) narrow minded
    3) possible childhood trauma
    4) favorite ice cream is vanilla
    5) has a mean boss at work so rages at Internet people
    6) is hungry
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    pimpin aint easy
  • MisterLovahLovah
    Options
    Now you're just being unfairly facetious. This is a serious topic.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh! I see u have uncovered the dichotomy of Internet forum - this is only a serious topic to some people.
  • MisterLovahLovah
    Options
    Dichotomous? Opinions are so branched and varying on the web that you could sew a sweater for a wooly mammoth. And yes, the seriousness still permeates.