Male members with only females on their friends list.

Options

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Do any other ladies find it off-putting when you accept a friend request from a man and then you go and check out their page and ALL of their friends are females? Usually they are all females my age or there abouts and showing a lot of skin (i.e. muscle and progress) in their pics. It just looks like a collection of hot girls.

I delete them right away. It just kind of pisses me off.

So let me get this straight. This person never creeped on you. Never bothered you outside of FR'ing you that you willingly accepted. And yet it pisses you off? You do know that about 90% of the population on MFP is female right (making up a number, females are just a higher number on MFP). I automatically accept male FR's and still if you look into my FL you will think that I'm collecting females.

Its your FL, you don't have to justify to anyone who/why you add/delete anyone but please, keep your judgmental mentality to yourself. Not all of us are creepers.

taunto... I clicked on your profile and the friends that showed up on your main page do not "alarm" me to that mode of thinking at all. And I'm just chit-chatting... not trying to change anyone's world view or anything :flowerforyou:

Yes but you need to realize that folks who are very active on MFP get added by each other often. So its only natural for me to gets male FRs and with my policy of adding them automatically (partly because I don't want to come off as a collector), I have to kinda force myself to add more male friends. Not that they're not great, they're amazing friends, but I actually had to make an effort to get more male friends.

Not everybody think that hard about adding male friends like I do. Many just add whoever they feel would be a supportive person and if you look at their forums or your friends statuses, its usually female friends.
  • IronMikeFox
    IronMikeFox Posts: 458
    Options
    Strong attention beg thread

yeah, I have my big girl pants on and am aware of what starting a post like this might produce :)

and, I have a desk job and pull this kind of **** about once every two weeks for amusement (and conversation) (and general venting).

my last one that got quite a rise was about having your phone or camera in your profile pic. Remember? Lol.

PMPL!!!!! I do remember that thread! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    What bothers me is the number of ladies that are saying they do no investigation what so ever into the people they have as friends on the internet. I will look at everything I possibly can before I decide if I want someone in my life or not, and yes, if their friends list is nothing but chicks with boob shots, I have no desire to be one of their collection.

I am here to help people get healthy through diet and exercise, I am not here seeking attention from men to make me feel better about myself, I have a husband that does that.

Some of you guys need to be careful, not everyone on the internet is who they claim to be, trust me on that.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    She said "Male members". Heh-heh. Heh.

small-bnb.gif

that's all i could think about as well.
  • Alicia_P_28
    Alicia_P_28 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Maybe they enjoy reading about TOM.

I like keeping track of my female friends TOM so I know when to dig into their trash cans for used tampons
    LOL!! ew.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Do any other ladies find it off-putting when you accept a friend request from a man and then you go and check out their page and ALL of their friends are females? Usually they are all females my age or there abouts and showing a lot of skin (i.e. muscle and progress) in their pics. It just looks like a collection of hot girls.

So let me get this straight. This person never creeped on you. Never bothered you outside of FR'ing you that you willingly accepted. And yet it pisses you off? You do know that about 90% of the population on MFP is female right (making up a number, females are just a higher number on MFP). I automatically accept male FR's and still if you look into my FL you will think that I'm collecting females.

Its your FL, you don't have to justify to anyone who/why you add/delete anyone but please, keep your judgmental mentality to yourself. Not all of us are creepers.

taunto... I clicked on your profile and the friends that showed up on your main page do not "alarm" me to that mode of thinking at all. And I'm just chit-chatting... not trying to change anyone's world view or anything :flowerforyou:

Yes but you need to realize that folks who are very active on MFP get added by each other often. So its only natural for me to gets male FRs and with my policy of adding them automatically (partly because I don't want to come off as a collector), I have to kinda force myself to add more male friends. Not that they're not great, they're amazing friends, but I actually had to make an effort to get more male friends.

Not everybody think that hard about adding male friends like I do. Many just add whoever they feel would be a supportive person and if you look at their forums or your friends statuses, its usually female friends.

Yes, I do see your point. I hadn't thought about the majority of MFP being female much before, so it does make sense. Part of why I posted was to learn more about things :)
  • Success1984
    Success1984 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It's only right. Mainly for motivation purposes.
  • staceypunk
    Options
    Most of the guys that replied that they have all female friends, when I look at their FL, it's like a pic of a cute girl... a pic of a girl with her dog, a pic of a female bicep, cute girl, pic of girl and baby.....

This does not raise my "creep" radar.

I dunno, I think the people that know what I mean know what I mean.
  • SabrinaLC
    SabrinaLC Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It happens...
    I just assume they only want to be my friend because I look a certain way. But you never know, maybe they just prefer the support of women (we're pretty good at it.)

I personally get along with guys better. My husband probably doesn't like that, but it's how I've always been.
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options

You're judging the females on a dude's FL that are showing a lot of skin and yet here you are, posing in what looks like a bikini....

Sounds legit...
  • TheSteelerGirl
    Options
    I wanna see some of these "male members" tee hee.. And I don't care if they have all men or female friends on the list.. just so I can see..... thanks... :tongue:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Yes, I do see your point. I hadn't thought about the majority of MFP being female much before, so it does make sense. Part of why I posted was to learn more about things :)

I'm not sure why you posted this but unless my English and language comprehension is failing me, it wasn't to learn (based on your OP). But I'm glad that you learned something and are not going to automatically judge people
  • Emily_20x
    Emily_20x Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    There's no males on my friends list :L
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me one iota. The more the merrier. I try not to focus on who my friends have friended. I know this sounds snippy, but it's not intended that way: I have more important things to do that to pay attention to my friends friends.
  • SabrinaLC
    SabrinaLC Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I get what you are saying. Mostly guys who are friends with boobs, lol! I've seen a few guys who send me requests who seem to be friends with lots of revealing ladies. They don't want to be friends with people because they're nice, or supportive, they want to be friends with them because they're hot.
    Most of the guys that replied that they have all female friends, when I look at their FL, it's like a pic of a cute girl... a pic of a girl with her dog, a pic of a female bicep, cute girl, pic of girl and baby.....

This does not raise my "creep" radar.

I dunno, I think the people that know what I mean know what I mean.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Now, I feel weird because I haven't been collecting female friends based on "boob shots." I'm doing it wrong. :(
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    too funny,, and its even funnier when these men are married and their wives have no idea..
  • canadianvampyregurl
    canadianvampyregurl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I dont go through ppl's friends lists...doesnt matter to me who is on their list...im there to chat and help motivate towards a healthy future
  • staceypunk
    Options
    Well, I guess I should get back to work... will check in later.
  • Rothwilder
    Rothwilder Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I like strong women to inspire me. The male friends on my list are people that do the same exercise or are very inspiring themselves.

The key difference is how they interact once they are your friend. I mean, you don't have to add someone if all you want to do is creep their pics. Most people have them open to public.

Nothing wrong with hot women. Most of them worked their *kitten* off to get there.