Male members with only females on their friends list.

Options

Replies

• Rothwilder
    Rothwilder Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    No, I feel flattered and think "How on earth did I get here?!"

Smart, fit, sexy?
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Do any other ladies find it off-putting when you accept a friend request from a man and then you go and check out their page and ALL of their friends are females? Usually they are all females my age or there abouts and showing a lot of skin (i.e. muscle and progress) in their pics. It just looks like a collection of hot girls.

I delete them right away. It just kind of pisses me off.

Okay guys like me that have mostly women friends, please make sure you delete all of them because it pisses the OP off. Seriously, leave the drama for Facebook. You are taking this site way too seriously.
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me, all my friends are shirtless men...well thats not true, some of them have shirts on :P
  • stephaniemarie416
    stephaniemarie416 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I don't usually go through people's friend lists... :huh: Am I the weird one?

I don't either...
  • Justme030
    Justme030 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't bother me
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    To be honest...I don't pick and choose....

If someone FRs me, I assume they did it for a reason, and I'm always happy to help or "cheer" on that person.

If it works out that they all end up being female....big deal.......
  • Kilokata
    Kilokata Posts: 111
    Options
    Do any other ladies find it off-putting when you accept a friend request from a man and then you go and check out their page and ALL of their friends are females? Usually they are all females my age or there abouts and showing a lot of skin (i.e. muscle and progress) in their pics. It just looks like a collection of hot girls.

What is this... "friend" you speak of?
  • irishdancer1984
    Options
    I do find it a little off-putting, but I am not absolute with anything as far as deleting them.....it totally depends on the interaction. I do have a lot more male friends here, so maybe I'm just a creepy man candy collector. :P

this is awesome
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I currently have 0 people on my friends list, but when I did have friends thy were all female. And I offered support to each and every one of them. Flirted with the ones that interested in that, and was completely appropriate with those that weren't. As for men, I just didn't find any connection with those I did have on my list early on.

Judge people on their actions not your unfounded assumptions!
  • shannongoneau
    shannongoneau Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Maybe hot chicks are their motivation?

That sounds about right :)
  • Run_Forever
    Run_Forever Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I would think the female to male ratio of active users on this site is 10:1. I tend to delete people if they stop logging in for a couple of weeks and most usually its guys. It would seem to me the female members on this site are more commited. I've even convinced some of my guy friends to join this site but they all lasted no more than 1 week. I don't think there is anything wrong with a guy having almost all female friends but if he has 0 guy friends and 500 female friends thats a different story...lol
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I would rather motivate a female to lift medium than a guy.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    **** I don't really care who adds me, we all have a common goal and that is to live a healthier life.
  • What316
    What316 Posts: 563
    Options
    Aren't you a picky *kitten* it would be great to be so god like that some men think you are nice ...how dare they demons be gone!
  • meggyshae
    meggyshae Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me!
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I don't usually go through people's friend lists... :huh: Am I the weird one?

Yeah. :bigsmile:

Aw man... :tongue:
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options

Actually I just added a friend who so far seems like a great person, and I honestly thought that it would bother her. (we talked 'just' a little before becoming "friends".

Truth is I just add the people who send me friend requests. I have added women, and I've added some guys too, or at least one. When I add someone it's because there is a reason. They are asking for help, we have something in common, and/or can relate to something that has or is happening, etc,etc.

I don't think I have ever been inappropriate with any of them. AT ALL. With that said I know of a couple that I think would be miffed by the pimp yourself threads so I just kind of avoid them now.

And there was my serious reply for this week. Now back to my regularly scheduled foolishness
  • meggyshae
    meggyshae Posts: 357 Member
    Options

Actually I just added a friend who so far seems like a great person, and I honestly thought that it would bother her. (we talked 'just' a little before becoming "friends".

Truth is I just add the people who send me friend requests. I have added women, and I've added some guys too, or at least one. When I add someone it's because there is a reason. They are asking for help, we have something in common, and/or can relate to something that has or is happening, etc,etc.

I don't think I have ever been inappropriate with any of them. AT ALL. With that said I know of a couple that I think would be miffed by the pimp yourself threads so I just kind of avoid them now.

And there was my serious reply for this week. Now back to my regularly scheduled foolishness

Haha..love it
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    "male members"

*snicker*

heh-heh-heh....
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options

I have no idea why it would piss you off or why you feel the need to pass judgements on people because of their friends. It seems a bit juvenile to me.

Most of my friends on MFP are women. That's partly due to the fact that most of MFP's members are...women. Also, it might have something to do with the way I interact with women. I'm not here to pick up, I'm not here to be sleezy and the last thing I want to do to a friend is make them feel uncomfortable. Perhaps the women in my friends list (and most of them sent me the friend request) found me to be what they were looking for in a friend: support and friendship.

Maybe you should look at yourself.