Male members with only females on their friends list.

Options

Replies

• 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I notice some men have nothing but attractive woman as friends but why would that bother me. I wouldn't want anyone to choose my friends or make an assumption about me based on my friends.. Those guys might find woman more committed to encouraging them or they might just be encouraged by looking at a hot girl. To each his/her own
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    16 guys and 14 ladies on my Fl.So i guess i am your new best friend in here

tumblr_m50nwftrvp1qayxuq.gif
  • mhcoss
    mhcoss Posts: 220
    Options
    lets be real here this community is mostly women. If you want to see a male oriented fitness community go to BB.com. I troll both
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Do any other ladies find it off-putting when you accept a friend request from a man and then you go and check out their page and ALL of their friends are females? Usually they are all females my age or there abouts and showing a lot of skin (i.e. muscle and progress) in their pics. It just looks like a collection of hot girls.

I delete them right away. It just kind of pisses me off.

I have no idea why it would piss you off or why you feel the need to pass judgements on people because of their friends. It seems a bit juvenile to me.

Most of my friends on MFP are women. That's partly due to the fact that most of MFP's members are...women. Also, it might have something to do with the way I interact with women. I'm not here to pick up, I'm not here to be sleezy and the last thing I want to do to a friend is make them feel uncomfortable. Perhaps the women in my friends list (and most of them sent me the friend request) found me to be what they were looking for in a friend: support and friendship.

Maybe you should look at yourself.

Yes, I get what you are saying (echoing a bunch of other guys that have responded too)- I am judging the person requesting my friendship. Uh-oh, I had a point but I forgot it. See I am not at my desk anymore and an high on mary jane. I can tell by your post that you are not a sleeze. I wish I could call out someone with a profile like what I'm talking about because I think I'm not describing it well or something, but I can't cause that would be ****ed up. I think maybe I should accept the FR from these guys and then see what they have to contribute to my daily wall. I guess I could really just be judgemental because maybe they are cool and it's really not what I thought.
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    SMASH
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Do any other ladies find it off-putting when you accept a friend request from a man and then you go and check out their page and ALL of their friends are females? Usually they are all females my age or there abouts and showing a lot of skin (i.e. muscle and progress) in their pics. It just looks like a collection of hot girls.

Aren't you showing a lot of skin??
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Maybe a lot of these men went to a Private All Boys School all their lives and sewing their internet oats.
  • Prplhead
    Prplhead Posts: 82
    Options
    I used to have 69 friends here, and a dude wasn't one. After a TMI Tuesday, a few dropped off. That was ok; not every woman is down with a big purple head popping up in her life...

Seriously? Too many men here are GTL fistpumpers. Not my scene. The women here are serious about their fitness and much more fun to hang with than any swinging "Richard" on the boards...
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options

Now that I am looking at this under the influence :smokin: I can see that this is a really *****y *kitten* statement. I think I really was pissed off when I wrote this though.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I used to have 69 friends here, and a dude wasn't one. After a TMI Tuesday, a few dropped off. That was ok; not every woman is down with a big purple head popping up in her life...

Seriously? Too many men here are GTL fistpumpers. Not my scene. The women here are serious about their fitness and much more fun to hang with than any swinging "Richard" on the boards...

lol at the swinging "Richards".. oops well I thought it was funny but it's totally fine with me. Best friend was one but not heard it called that is all.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I came here to look for more hot chickies for my FL.. :laugh: :wink: :laugh: ...jk ... get over it sweetie... :flowerforyou:

whats up??? lol
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    It just looks like a collection of hot girls

isnt that most of MFP???
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options

Aren't you showing a lot of skin??

I'm sure it's me not you, but I actually did LOL
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I don't usually go through people's friend lists... :huh: Am I the weird one?

Yeah, I don't either.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    The vast majority of my FL is women. That is because the demographics of MFP are heavily skewed towards female.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options

I have no idea why it would piss you off or why you feel the need to pass judgements on people because of their friends. It seems a bit juvenile to me.

Most of my friends on MFP are women. That's partly due to the fact that most of MFP's members are...women. Also, it might have something to do with the way I interact with women. I'm not here to pick up, I'm not here to be sleezy and the last thing I want to do to a friend is make them feel uncomfortable. Perhaps the women in my friends list (and most of them sent me the friend request) found me to be what they were looking for in a friend: support and friendship.

Maybe you should look at yourself.

Yes, I get what you are saying (echoing a bunch of other guys that have responded too)- I am judging the person requesting my friendship. Uh-oh, I had a point but I forgot it. See I am not at my desk anymore and an high on mary jane. I can tell by your post that you are not a sleeze. I wish I could call out someone with a profile like what I'm talking about because I think I'm not describing it well or something, but I can't cause that would be ****ed up. I think maybe I should accept the FR from these guys and then see what they have to contribute to my daily wall. I guess I could really just be judgemental because maybe they are cool and it's really not what I thought.

No problems, Stacey. No doubt, there are some here who are predatory and sleezy.
    I apologize for being so hard on you.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • ziggiezambi
    ziggiezambi Posts: 253
    Options
    I don't have tim to troll friends list. xD
  • ziggiezambi
    ziggiezambi Posts: 253
    Options
    BTW Maybe its because where secretly taking over MFP and the world. xD Shhhhh... :wink:
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I'm...not sure how I ended up here..
  • IronAddict86
    IronAddict86 Posts: 708
    Options
    My friends list is mainly female but I've found in the short time I've been here the women are the SUPER motivated bunch. I don't really send out FR's but I've tried hard looking for like minded guys & 9/10 it's the ladies that are more on my wavelength when it comes to motivation etc.