Male members with only females on their friends list.

Options

Replies

• tiffnkailey
    tiffnkailey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I understand what she's talking about. I just had a guy add me, and message me whats up. I message back nothing. Then he messaged, Why are you still single? I messaged because _______. He messaged do you like me?

So then I looked at his friends list, ALL FEMALE. Dude is def a creeper.

The funny thing is I told him, this is not a dating site. But then I was reading someone elses post, and she said she met her fiance on here. lol.
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    As long as I'm the hottest, I don't care [/sarcasm]

I only delete people if they don't send junk pics daily :laugh:
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Do any other ladies find it off-putting when you accept a friend request from a man and then you go and check out their page and ALL of their friends are females? Usually they are all females my age or there abouts and showing a lot of skin (i.e. muscle and progress) in their pics. It just looks like a collection of hot girls.

I delete them right away. It just kind of pisses me off.

So let me get this straight. This person never creeped on you. Never bothered you outside of FR'ing you that you willingly accepted. And yet it pisses you off? You do know that about 90% of the population on MFP is female right (making up a number, females are just a higher number on MFP). I automatically accept male FR's and still if you look into my FL you will think that I'm collecting females.

Its your FL, you don't have to justify to anyone who/why you add/delete anyone but please, keep your judgmental mentality to yourself. Not all of us are creepers.

taunto... I clicked on your profile and the friends that showed up on your main page do not "alarm" me to that mode of thinking at all. And I'm just chit-chatting... not trying to change anyone's world view or anything :flowerforyou:
  • 11ERS11
    11ERS11 Posts: 27
    Options
    Guilty! Any FR will not be denied.......especially females. Dudes are welcome to add. I'm not ripped so I will admire your physique and be envious. I don't believe its a creeper issue I just think there is more motivation when the attention/support comes from the opposite sex.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Don't hate the playah, hate the game. ;-)
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I just add a few dudes so I look legit.

haha, shhhh ... the first rule of fightclub
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Sure, it offends me! All those women FR'ing and collecting him, they're horrible women.

He probably had to work up the courage to FR you, secretly hoping that you've be a nice platonic friend, and you're not like all those other women who just use him for his body.

And you rejected him. Shame.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    OMG, I only have female friends but thats because most of them friended me because of some of my posts.
    I dont flirt with them and its a real functional support group.

I dont see anything weird about that?
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    I just add a few dudes so I look legit.
    some dudes just aren't that smart..

Some dudes just don't care
  • Skiffee
    Skiffee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with most of the posts on here...
    It's less often a case of 'collecting hot girls' than it is just adding friends they might actually interact with.
    Personally, I don't see myself adding any male friends on here unless they're very odd like I am.
    I don't get along with most guys. I don't want to talk about sports, compete over who lifts more, talk about women, etc...
    So I've always had more female friends online. (I say online because I'm too shy to talk to them in real life)

But for someone to feel like they're being added to a 'collection of hot girls', I'm guessing you either had a bad experience in the past with men and think we're all pigs, are full of yourself, or are incapable of just taking it as a weird compliment and moving on.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    She said "Male members". Heh-heh. Heh.

small-bnb.gif
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Do any other ladies find it off-putting when you accept a friend request from a man and then you go and check out their page and ALL of their friends are females? Usually they are all females my age or there abouts and showing a lot of skin (i.e. muscle and progress) in their pics. It just looks like a collection of hot girls.

I delete them right away. It just kind of pisses me off.

So let me get this straight. This person never creeped on you. Never bothered you outside of FR'ing you that you willingly accepted. And yet it pisses you off? You do know that about 90% of the population on MFP is female right (making up a number, females are just a higher number on MFP). I automatically accept male FR's and still if you look into my FL you will think that I'm collecting females.

Its your FL, you don't have to justify to anyone who/why you add/delete anyone but please, keep your judgmental mentality to yourself. Not all of us are creepers.

Exactly. With such a high female:male ratio it is very easy to get a list that is mostly comprised of women.
  • tonytoo
    tonytoo Posts: 307
    Options
    95% of my friends in real life are female. I think the ratio on my FL is actually less on here.
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I add very few people. The only guys on my short list of friends are people I know. Otherwise I have no desire to go randomly add some guy I don't know who needs attention by posting half naked profile pics.. As far as the women go, most have added me with the exception of one or two. All together I find it strange that people have so many "friends" (both men and women) with whom they have no contact with in real life (unlike other social sites like FB). I guess it's for the "support". Oh well, maybe it's just me. Happy Friday :smile:

Funny, I've always found it weird that people friend collect on FB. I do not wish to share my frustrations with family or work, and pictures of my family (especially my sweet nephew) with people I do not know. Now on here, I prefer to deal with people I don't know very well because a. barely anybody I know is on here, and b. it just makes the journey easier for some reason.
  • IronMikeFox
    IronMikeFox Posts: 458
    Options
    LOL ... Don't take this the wrong way. I don't mean to be critical or anything. But I find it amusing that a woman whose profile pic is a picture of her in a bikini is complaining about guys FR'ing hot women! :laugh: :drinker: I'm not slamming or arguing or anything. It just struck me as funny!
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ This lol
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Strong attention beg thread
  • staceypunk
    Options
    Yeah it's been worse since I changed to my bikini pic. But I haven't worn a bikini in like 6 years and it's my goal piece of clothing, and my abs look good in that pic. May have to change it tho.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    i'm confused by the OP...

i thought this was a dating site.

tumblr_m2yb5mGurS1qihztbo1_400.gif

i hope i didn't join the wrong site. :grumble:
  • staceypunk
    Options
    Strong attention beg thread

yeah, I have my big girl pants on and am aware of what starting a post like this might produce :)

and, I have a desk job and pull this kind of **** about once every two weeks for amusement (and conversation) (and general venting).

my last one that got quite a rise was about having your phone or camera in your profile pic. Remember? Lol.