Are women offended by this?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    AllTheNoms wrote: »
    There's "offended" and there's "I can't help but look at your junk because it's right there" .... I think you got the latter, OP

I think this was a valuable point to make. again. actually needed to be made several times.
  • Mythicalbee
    Options
    Just realized I spend more time checking out other women's gear than the guys at my gym... it's like window shopping. Have gotten some great workout pieces and sometimes at great prices over the years LOL!! so no, spandex away.
  • lamos1
    lamos1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Actually I do get offended if I can see the outline of his junk. Now if he was FINE that is another story!!!!

Maybe he gets offended when you're looking down there! haha! jk
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    one guy was like "Nice!" after I was squatting. Weird... but I also think he wasn't really a ... regular fellow?.. so I just said thanks and ignored him the rest of the time.

You thanked him?

Well I wasn't sure if he was complimenting my squatting form or my bum, as it's all he said. It didn't sound too lewd and I had heard him talking to other people and I think he might have had a learning disability. I figured if he kept doing things that made me uncomfortable I could ask him to stop, but that "thank you" could be an okay start (since if it was about the fact that I was lifting him saying "nice" shouldn't make me uncomfortable... that's more my own problem if it does). He didn't come back so I think I made the right call.
  • tornACL2012
    Options
    lol
  • PenelopeDestina908
    Options
    When I first went to the gym. I saw lots of eye candy male and female. I don't go to the gym for them. I have learned good eye control when it comes to gazing. I have seen men checking out other men. Older men goggling their eyes at the younger women quite openly. I have never seen women check out other women. I guess women are more subtle. I honestly just ignore what other people are wearing unless I am discreetly admiring the view. I don't go to the gym for others. I go for myself.
  • tanowicki
    tanowicki Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    AllTheNoms wrote: »
    There's "offended" and there's "I can't help but look at your junk because it's right there" .... I think you got the latter, OP

This reminded me of a guy who used to wear spandex at yoga where every outline of every thing was visible. Yoga is too close of quarters for that tight of pants. It would have been just fine in a normal gym situation.

• tornACL2012
    Options
    lol
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    i have a simple rule when it comes to clothing.

i don't want to see your junk and i don't want to see your undergarments.

if the spandex fits the two above criteria (even if the bulge is very evident) i'm good.

mind you, i'm probably not going to notice because i don't check out people at the gym :) i mind my own business.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Offended by spandex? Nope. I have better ways to spend my energy at the gym. I do, however, get offended by men touching MY spandex at the gym. So take note.

Sorry about that
  • tornACL2012
    Options
    true
  • jazzy550
    jazzy550 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I've never seen a guy wearing spandex at the gym. Maybe on a bike... ???
  • mikinnajo
    mikinnajo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nope! It's comfortable for them and makes their workouts easier. Logically it's the best gear they could wear to precent chaffing :)