• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    ^ this!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    isa474 wrote: »
    This gay guy at my gym comes in with his daisy dukes butt cheeks out and his balls can be seen when he is walking and peaks thru when doing the benches. ..gross. yes very offended

:noway:
  • RachelSD7
    RachelSD7 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It's the only reason I go to see the ballet...
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    offended no why should i be.
    distracted yes i think i would be.
  • tornACL2012
    Options
    yeah it can be a big distraction
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    People should be able to exercise in whatever they feel comfortable in without being criticized.

false. you are in public, and must respect others as well.

• UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    ...No. I rarely pay attention to other people (what they are wearing/doing/etc) at the gym.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Now that women love the yoga pants and are just as revealing the outline front and back how can women possibly complain. Calling the kettle black I see. Personally I wouldn't wear spandex. Compression sleeves for the legs I'm okay with. Spandex with shorts on over them is okay.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, I don't look at anyone else when I'm at the gym unless they are on the machine I want. LOL
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Do you think its any different than women wearing tight tops where you can see the outline of their breasts?
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Actually I do get offended if I can see the outline of his junk. Now if he was FINE that is another story!!!!

Somehow I feel like it's more inline with camel toes than breasts. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But no, I don't notice spandex... but to think of it, yes I think most do wear shorts over top. I notice when a guy stares at me when I exercise and it makes me uncomfortable. At the gym last time, one guy was like "Nice!" after I was squatting. Weird... but I also think he wasn't really a ... regular fellow?.. so I just said thanks and ignored him the rest of the time.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Maybe its just me, but I tend to notice the people over-dressed more than I would notice those with less on. I don't even run very hot and am freezing most of my day, but my gym is hot and I sweat easily. So I'm always a bit intrigued by those who come in with like 8 layers of Rocky-style sweats on and power through a hot high intensity cardio session.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    People should be able to exercise in whatever they feel comfortable in without being criticized.

false. you are in public, and must respect others as well.

but where do u draw the line. some religions cover themselves from head to toe, others do not. where do we draw the line? for me its more about respecting each others personal space.
  • gmamary66
    gmamary66 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am too busy trying not to die at the gym to be worried about what anyone else is wearing. LOL, maybe when I get in better shape, I will look around more and notice.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Maybe its just me, but I tend to notice the people over-dressed more than I would notice those with less on. I don't even run very hot and am freezing most of my day, but my gym is hot and I sweat easily. So I'm always a bit intrigued by those who come in with like 8 layers of Rocky-style sweats on and power through a hot high intensity cardio session.

I admit I notice this too. I usually run hot so the guy in the hooded sweatshirt makes me think "I would roast!" and then in the summer when I see people run at mid-day I think "I would pass out!"
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm going to throw it out there that seeing the outline of junk by wearing spandex is NOT the same thing as seeing the junk popping out of the clothing. When the junk pops out, it is "Indecent exposure" and is actually illegal. So I would be offended if junk (male or female) popped out, yes. Spandex no. Interestingly though, where I live, shirts are not required by law for males or females (yay gender equality) so that's not indecent exposure. That being said, facilities are allowed to stipulate additional clothing rules.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Can't believe there are no pictures in this thread :(
  • fat_beyonce
    fat_beyonce Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I don't see the problem with it, as far I'm concerned my fellow gym enthusiasts could work out wearing mascot costumes and as long as they don't get in my way or disturb me from getting my workout, I couldn't care less. Then again I used to do performance arts and have worked in an entertainment venue so I've seen grown men in anything from a diaper to banana costume. Whatever floats your boat! *Shrugs*
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I don't walk out of my house with out mascara on. And typically a smudge of eye liner either.

ever.
    never.
    ever. ever.
    That's because you are damn fine and classy.

hell yes. <cheers>
  • AllTheNoms
    AllTheNoms Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    There's "offended" and there's "I can't help but look at your junk because it's right there" .... I think you got the latter, OP
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Actually I do get offended if I can see the outline of his junk. Now if he was FINE that is another story!!!!

If a guy posted this there'd be an uproar! Not cool.

Personally, not offended by anyone in spandex. Hell, I workout in my jammies most of the time (I'm at home though).