New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    754ae471fa248e1ab98bc45b6cd505fd.image.300x300.jpg

I decided to order their muffins since their cookies were pretty good before. I warmed up the muffin for a bit in the microwave. It was DELICIOUS! Of course, does not taste like your standard cakey/sugar goodness that are bakery banana muffins, but it was good in it's own way. But I mean I expected that because only 40 calories. They are amazing for the calorie count. I would definitely buy again. The banana flavor wasn't very strong, but it was there. The texture was very light and fluffy. I had no complaints. These would be wonderful to have with breakfasts. I also bought the blueberry but haven't tried yet.

I too was impressed with their muffins, but where do you buy them from? They're actually cheaper off Linda's Diet DeLites (muffins are $2.16 each compared to $2.49), plus they have a rewards program so if you're buying from ThinSlim you should reconsider! Your next order you should totally try one of Chatila's Bakery muffins, they're a little more caloric (90 per muffin) but they're huge and in my opinion are much more "muffin like," so to speak! They're also a lot cheaper, $1.47 per muffin.

I did buy from Linda's! Because I saw you posted before about them being cheaper :smile: I will order those other ones to try, I don't mind a bit more calories if they are cheaper and bigger. Have you tried all the flavors of those? I am eyeing the blueberry, apple berry nut and peanut chip.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    754ae471fa248e1ab98bc45b6cd505fd.image.300x300.jpg

I decided to order their muffins since their cookies were pretty good before. I warmed up the muffin for a bit in the microwave. It was DELICIOUS! Of course, does not taste like your standard cakey/sugar goodness that are bakery banana muffins, but it was good in it's own way. But I mean I expected that because only 40 calories. They are amazing for the calorie count. I would definitely buy again. The banana flavor wasn't very strong, but it was there. The texture was very light and fluffy. I had no complaints. These would be wonderful to have with breakfasts. I also bought the blueberry but haven't tried yet.

I too was impressed with their muffins, but where do you buy them from? They're actually cheaper off Linda's Diet DeLites (muffins are $2.16 each compared to $2.49), plus they have a rewards program so if you're buying from ThinSlim you should reconsider! Your next order you should totally try one of Chatila's Bakery muffins, they're a little more caloric (90 per muffin) but they're huge and in my opinion are much more "muffin like," so to speak! They're also a lot cheaper, $1.47 per muffin.

I did buy from Linda's! Because I saw you posted before about them being cheaper :smile: I will order those other ones to try, I don't mind a bit more calories if they are cheaper and bigger. Have you tried all the flavors of those? I am eyeing the blueberry, apple berry nut and peanut chip.

The only Chatila flavors I tried were pumpkin, gingerbread, and the cinnamon bun flavors. The flavors are pretty subtle but the muffin texture is on point and it's very satisfying from what I've seen so far, but those do sound good and I hope to try them! If you beat me to it be sure to leave a review!

On another note, I tried Dunkin's new Heath bar and Almond Joy swirl coffee syrups! Very rarely does a new coffee flavor impress me, and the Heath wasn't much different from other flavors I've had there. The almond joy, however, I strongly recommend to anyone who likes sweet coffee and also is a fan of almond joys! It tastes JUST like the candy and I feel it's safe to say is Dunkin's finest flavor yet! I got it in the hot latte and all I can say is 5/5. Wish it wasn't so bad for you, I'd have it every day. Best 420 calories spent on a large drink in a long time, they gave Starbucks something hard to live up to with this one! Best coconut coffee I've ever had.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    2gwcktx.jpg

My family has a house in Maine and I was there for Memorial Day Weekend and I went to Stonewall Kitchen. Bought this and it's amazing on anything. You can buy their stuff online.
    I always see this stuff at T.J. Maxx.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    2gwcktx.jpg

My family has a house in Maine and I was there for Memorial Day Weekend and I went to Stonewall Kitchen. Bought this and it's amazing on anything. You can buy their stuff online.
    I always see this stuff at T.J. Maxx.

You should definitely try it, all their stuff is great.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    ASKyle wrote: »
    Finally got my hands on some Halo Top, lemon cake. OMG! A million times better than Arctic Zero. Actually creamy. Now I just need to find the birthday cake one.

Only one I want and the only one I haven't found yet. Of course.

I'm still thinking of trying Enlightened though...

I found the Birthday Cake Halo Top finally (the only flavor I hadn't had) and tried it last night. I can agree, very prominent cake flavor and one of my new favorites! But something about the Lemon Cake is hard to beat and is actually tied in my opinion!
    The Enlightened is good, but I mean, the calories ARE similar to some frozen yogurts so I wouldn't beat yourself up over not trying it. If you do, great, if not, you saved some money. The Mint Chocolate and Peanut Butter were my two favorite from that brand. Salted Caramel was my least favorite, which hurts to admit since I love salted caramel everything normally.

Have you ever found any of the new Arctic Zero Chunky pints?

Yes, not worth it IMO. Still like a popcicle vs. ice cream and the chunks of cookie dough were tiny.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Finally got my hands on some Halo Top, lemon cake. OMG! A million times better than Arctic Zero. Actually creamy. Now I just need to find the birthday cake one.

I found the Birthday Cake Halo Top finally (the only flavor I hadn't had) and tried it last night. I can agree, very prominent cake flavor and one of my new favorites! But something about the Lemon Cake is hard to beat and is actually tied in my opinion!
    The Enlightened is good, but I mean, the calories ARE similar to some frozen yogurts so I wouldn't beat yourself up over not trying it. If you do, great, if not, you saved some money. The Mint Chocolate and Peanut Butter were my two favorite from that brand. Salted Caramel was my least favorite, which hurts to admit since I love salted caramel everything normally.

Yes, not worth it IMO. Still like a popcicle vs. ice cream and the chunks of cookie dough were tiny.

I admit I've been scared to try, lol.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

I admit I've been scared to try, lol.
    Me too, that price tag.

I probably would if I saw some on clearance at one point.

• wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Ok everyone... I'm going to try and order some stuff from Linda's Diet Delights.... what are your best recommendations since they're frequently talked about on this thread?

** Sorry not new food related.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    AngleBowls.jpg

Tried this last night & found it to be very tasty. No idea which stores carry this brand since I found it at the Grocery Outlet. I tried the Roasted Vegetable & Goat Cheese Gratin.

http://www.angelbowls.com/

I want to try this new Birdseye Protein Blend

https://www.flickr.com/photos/theimpulsivebuy/26598700773
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options

Tried this last night & found it to be very tasty. No idea which stores carry this brand since I found it at the Grocery Outlet. I tried the Roasted Vegetable & Goat Cheese Gratin.

Those look good -- we have Luvo entrees at our local grocery, and some of them are pretty good.

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    wearmi1 wrote: »
    Ok everyone... I'm going to try and order some stuff from Linda's Diet Delights.... what are your best recommendations since they're frequently talked about on this thread?

** Sorry not new food related.

I looooove Linda's! There's so many things, and always new things being added, so I would suggest if you find something that sparks your interest (we all prefer certain desserts) then read the reviews and go from there. I personally don't like cheesecake, for example, but they sell numerous cheesecakes there that get good review (I've tried them and didn't mind but it wasn't something I loved).
    ThinSlim Foods: MUST try their breads and cookies! Their brownies and squares will be a weird tasting, moist, waste of your time and money, however.
    Simply Scrumptous: Oh my goodness. Their coffeecakes (cinnamon swirl and very berry) and brownies are TO DIE for. However, I believe they must have more calories than labelled since I generally gain weight from them, and yes, most of the time they weigh more than label says so be sure to factor this in! Their cookies weren't anything exceptional in my opinion, but they were good too! The cupcakes, donuts, and carrot cakes are also good, but nothing to go out of your way for like the previously mentioned options. Fantastic if you microwave it!
    Chatila's Bakery: Not terribly impressed with their donuts or whoopie pies, but they weren't bad (just more caloric). Their muffins were fantastic, as were the macaroons (which weren't much like an actual macaroon but were a tasty coconut flavored cookie in my opinion).
    Linda's also sells their own protein bars (had the vanilla crisp and it was like a sweet vanilla coated rice krispies) which I like but find the price a bit high to make a regular purchase. They also have their own brand of pancakes which are PHENOMENAL, and biscuits which get good reviews but I haven't tried yet. Their bagel chips are stale pieces of cooked ThinSlim Food's bagels, so don't get the bagel things, try ThinSlim's bagels and save yourself the money.
    Golden Star Bakery: I had their blondie low carb brownie and also one of their cookies and wasn't impressed at all, I wouldn't suggest this brand.

But most importantly, before you order SIGN UP FOR THE EMAILS. They circulate a ton of coupons to use on your orders (only one code per order), so don't waste them! This is how I tried many of Linda's products, in addition to several other brands! 50% off sampler pack from ThinSlim which, although I didn't personally care for their brownies or squares, it's cheaper so you may as well try it! Who knows, they sell and continue to make them so obviously someone out there must find them appealing! ;)

If you find anything new be sure to let us know what you think!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    vingogly wrote: »

Those look good -- we have Luvo entrees at our local grocery, and some of them are pretty good.

Which are your favorites from Luvo @vingogly? I've spotted these at Giant, but usually the price tag turns me off. I think the meals are usually $4.99.
  • Strawblackcat
    Options
    unejv0ausdlh.jpg
    This came in with the new groceries at work today. No idea how this would taste.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    I love their design.
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »
    Oh My God... This stuff is amazing. It reminds me of a very gourmet Helluvagood French Onion dip with significantly fewer calories (4Tbsp is 50 calories) and a surprisingly decent amount of protein (about 50% of the total calories come from protein).

Glad to hear! I almost picked this up but held off.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    dip-smoked-onion-parmesan-10oz.png
    Oh My God... This stuff is amazing. It reminds me of a very gourmet Helluvagood French Onion dip with significantly fewer calories (4Tbsp is 50 calories) and a surprisingly decent amount of protein (about 50% of the total calories come from protein).
    How much fat does it have? I've been using sour cream and mayo in my lunches to get some more into my day.

• abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    dip-smoked-onion-parmesan-10oz.png
    How much fat does it have? I've been using sour cream and mayo in my lunches to get some more into my day.

I think it's 1g of fat per 2Tbsp (28g) serving.
  • Strawblackcat
    Options
    ws6rmc21vcv9.jpg
    Yum! This tasted really good. Really earthy. You'd have to like beets in order to like it, but if you you do like beets, then the acidity of the kombucha compliments the sweet dirt-like taste of the beets really nicely. It's better than it sounds; trust me!

de0mmez2bgf7.jpg
    This one was good, too, but I liked the beet flavor better. This one tasted a lot like sparkling apple cider to me. My only complaint with this brand is the price. I mean, $5.19 for 16oz? Really?

8dlrii6bkl76.jpg
    Not a new product, but these were new to me! I really like them. They're a little plain on their own, but they're really good as a vessel for a good salsa or some fermented veggies. Plus, they're fried in palm oil! I love it when I can find chips that use saturated fats instead of polyunsaturated oils. More companies need to do this.

j7v2bndeelft.jpg
    These were...weird. Like, really weird. The pieces are shapes like pellets, but they're really soft, and really small. Think rabbit poop-sized. It doesn't help that they're brown. The initial flavor of them is good, but it fades away after about 30 seconds. I probably won't get these again.

i1e24vpl4pzz.jpg
    Imagine trying to chew chocolate rubber studded with almonds. That's what the texture of this thing is like. Awful. You'll break your teeth before you finish this thing. I understand that it has collagen in it, but collagen peptides aren't supposed to alter the texture of things that you mix them into! I don't know what happened to these. Plus, the chocolate component of this bar doesn't even taste good. It tastes like some kind of artificially sweetened dark chocolate for diabetics. Not worth $2.99.

On a side note, I'm going to get to go to Expo East this September! I'll get to try and sample so many good things! So excited. :p
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Finally found these in store had to buy them to try will update later pmth4umiuiej.jpeg
    how they taste