New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I'm hoping to run to Target on Monday and see if the blueberry Oreos are there. I finally had a chance to try the strawberry shortcake tonight. They were nice, but the smell kind of overpowered the three red velvets I had.

I tried the Power Mediterranean Salad at Wendy's. Lol, I've been craving that thing ever since I saw some reviews online recently. It was pretty tasty. The feta was awesome.

It's pricey, but I don't like the fries at Wendy's and don't really want a burger without them.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Okay oreos.. I originally wasn't too interested in this flavor (more interested in the blueberry) but they didn't have those yet.

The inside cream tasted exactly like fruity pebbles, was just okay thoughfse99o8h332v.jpg
    . They were kind of overpoweringly sweet and the outside cookie and cream has a slight lemony flavor that I was not expecting. A bit too lemon-y for my liking overall. I was expecting more "fruity" if that makes sense. They were a nice treat though, but nothing I would buy again.
  • MrsDogLady
    MrsDogLady Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I found PB2. Powdered peanut butter! According to WW points plus, I can have a 2 Tbsp serving for 1 point. I toast up a few slices of Sara Lee 45-cal bread (2 = 1 point), and I can have a yummy guilt-free snack.88cpfxu6wu10.png
    pb2.png 235.7K
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Okay oreos.. I originally wasn't too interested in this flavor (more interested in the blueberry) but they didn't have those yet.

The inside cream tasted exactly like fruity pebbles, was just okay thoughfse99o8h332v.jpg
    . They were kind of overpoweringly sweet and the outside cookie and cream has a slight lemony flavor that I was not expecting. A bit too lemon-y for my liking overall. I was expecting more "fruity" if that makes sense. They were a nice treat though, but nothing I would buy again.

Thanks for the review! Based off your description it doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy so I appreciate you saving me those couple bucks! I'm definitely not a fan of lemon flavored treats :p
  • itsfeast4dabeast
    itsfeast4dabeast Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    yrksxdw8mj7y.jpeg

I am all over the Icelandic yogurt just now. High protein, low carb, low fat
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    yrksxdw8mj7y.jpeg

I am all over the Icelandic yogurt just now. High protein, low carb, low fat

High price. LOL.

Seriously though, I stock up when Siggi's on sale but otherwise... nope :(
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    White chocolate pretzel peanut butter 10000000000/10 OMG THIS WAS INCREDIBLE but so so dangerous. I was eating it by the spoonful.

tizdj23dd15j.png
    What brand is this?

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Finally found these in store had to buy them to try will update later pmth4umiuiej.jpeg
    how they taste

Where'd you find it at?
  • Francl27
    Options
    Oh I want these.

26843982433_9734f44ce9_z.jpg?resize=640%2C426&ssl=1
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Finally found these in store had to buy them to try will update later pmth4umiuiej.jpeg
    how they taste

Where'd you find it at?

Wegmans
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Oh I want these.

WAS JUST GOING TO POST ABOUT THESE HAHA! They look really good, hope I can find them. I wonder what the stats on them are.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Coconut almond and coconut choc chip are my favs of these. Always fuel on this on a longer bike rides. Usually get them when they go on sale for $0.99 each at Sobeys or Superstore.

Favorites of what? The new nut butter filled clif bars? You found them already?!
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Sarahb29 wrote: »
    The new Kirkland/Costco protein bars that are 3-4 net carbs. The box of them cost around $19 which worked out to be less than $1 a bar. They're pretty tasty! Smaller than Quest bars though.

http://images.costco-static.com/image/media/500-1076882-847__1.jpg

I too would put the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough as pretty fantastic. (Granted I was super hungry when I had it for the first time.) It was like eating raw cookie dough. I had a small amount of grit to it, but like mentioned before, totally worth the price. The Chocolate Brownie however was just a brick of chocolate. I will have to use those more for added bits to things or maybe bake them because on their own, as is, yeah $1 quality.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Really got to find those CliF bars.

Got this in the mail. Not sure how new it is... so tasty though! Macros suck so definitely a treat though.

F40-4229207-8200bg.jpg
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    BaconVin-min%5B2%5D.png?itok=Md1ojdX7

I saw this at Safeway on Saturday and decided to give it a shot. On its own, it tastes way sweet, but if you have it on salad, then it is pretty good, particularly with bitter greens. 35 cals per serving.

img_0287_1.jpg

My husband and I saw this (buffalo milk butter) at a supermarket in Italy and tried it out. It is SO GOOD. I'm not sure where in the US we could buy it. I've never seen it, though I've never obviously looked either. But man, it tastes gd delicious melted on bread, particularly with bresaola.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    img_0287_1.jpg

My husband and I saw this (buffalo milk butter) at a supermarket in Italy and tried it out. It is SO GOOD. I'm not sure where in the US we could buy it. I've never seen it, though I've never obviously looked either. But man, it tastes gd delicious melted on bread, particularly with bresaola.
    How did you bring this home? I'm going to Italy for a few days and definitely want to bring some good stuff.

• ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    754ae471fa248e1ab98bc45b6cd505fd.image.300x300.jpg

I decided to order their muffins since their cookies were pretty good before. I warmed up the muffin for a bit in the microwave. It was DELICIOUS! Of course, does not taste like your standard cakey/sugar goodness that are bakery banana muffins, but it was good in it's own way. But I mean I expected that because only 40 calories. They are amazing for the calorie count. I would definitely buy again. The banana flavor wasn't very strong, but it was there. The texture was very light and fluffy. I had no complaints. These would be wonderful to have with breakfasts. I also bought the blueberry but haven't tried yet.

I too was impressed with their muffins, but where do you buy them from? They're actually cheaper off Linda's Diet DeLites (muffins are $2.16 each compared to $2.49), plus they have a rewards program so if you're buying from ThinSlim you should reconsider! Your next order you should totally try one of Chatila's Bakery muffins, they're a little more caloric (90 per muffin) but they're huge and in my opinion are much more "muffin like," so to speak! They're also a lot cheaper, $1.47 per muffin.

I did buy from Linda's! Because I saw you posted before about them being cheaper :smile: I will order those other ones to try, I don't mind a bit more calories if they are cheaper and bigger. Have you tried all the flavors of those? I am eyeing the blueberry, apple berry nut and peanut chip.

The only Chatila flavors I tried were pumpkin, gingerbread, and the cinnamon bun flavors. The flavors are pretty subtle but the muffin texture is on point and it's very satisfying from what I've seen so far, but those do sound good and I hope to try them! If you beat me to it be sure to leave a review!

On another note, I tried Dunkin's new Heath bar and Almond Joy swirl coffee syrups! Very rarely does a new coffee flavor impress me, and the Heath wasn't much different from other flavors I've had there. The almond joy, however, I strongly recommend to anyone who likes sweet coffee and also is a fan of almond joys! It tastes JUST like the candy and I feel it's safe to say is Dunkin's finest flavor yet! I got it in the hot latte and all I can say is 5/5. Wish it wasn't so bad for you, I'd have it every day. Best 420 calories spent on a large drink in a long time, they gave Starbucks something hard to live up to with this one! Best coconut coffee I've ever had.

Mmm...I love coconut coffee. Wonder if they would just sell the syrup?
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    img_0287_1.jpg

How did you bring this home? I'm going to Italy for a few days and definitely want to bring some good stuff.

We didn't take it back to the States. Our second leg of our trip was in Germany. I think if I were to bring it back, I'd freeze it, wrap it in aluminum foil, put in one of those insulated bags, and hope that my luggage didn't get delayed. I tried to do this with some skyr because I can't, for the life of me, find anyone here who sells just plain skyr, but our luggage did not make it on the last plane and was delayed to us by about 36 hours. Since I am only using it for culture, it *seems* fine, but obviously, the situation is not ideal.

Todis is a cheap and good supermarket. It is where we bought the butter. We went to one just outside of Rome that had pizzas (folded up) in the bakery section and they were incredibly good. We went back and bought more and regretted not buying more. Oddly enough, that was by far the best pizza we ate in Italy. We were pretty disappointed in the restaurants we went to. Best food overall was just local or regional things we bought at supermarkets or from stands and ate the hotel.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    img_0287_1.jpg

We didn't take it back to the States. Our second leg of our trip was in Germany. I think if I were to bring it back, I'd freeze it, wrap it in aluminum foil, put in one of those insulated bags, and hope that my luggage didn't get delayed. I tried to do this with some skyr because I can't, for the life of me, find anyone here who sells just plain skyr, but our luggage did not make it on the last plane and was delayed to us by about 36 hours. Since I am only using it for culture, it *seems* fine, but obviously, the situation is not ideal.

Todis is a cheap and good supermarket. It is where we bought the butter. We went to one just outside of Rome that had pizzas (folded up) in the bakery section and they were incredibly good. We went back and bought more and regretted not buying more. Oddly enough, that was by far the best pizza we ate in Italy. We were pretty disappointed in the restaurants we went to. Best food overall was just local or regional things we bought at supermarkets or from stands and ate the hotel.
    Ahh, I don't trust that my luggage would survive. Thanks.

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    ilex70 wrote: »
    754ae471fa248e1ab98bc45b6cd505fd.image.300x300.jpg

I decided to order their muffins since their cookies were pretty good before. I warmed up the muffin for a bit in the microwave. It was DELICIOUS! Of course, does not taste like your standard cakey/sugar goodness that are bakery banana muffins, but it was good in it's own way. But I mean I expected that because only 40 calories. They are amazing for the calorie count. I would definitely buy again. The banana flavor wasn't very strong, but it was there. The texture was very light and fluffy. I had no complaints. These would be wonderful to have with breakfasts. I also bought the blueberry but haven't tried yet.

I too was impressed with their muffins, but where do you buy them from? They're actually cheaper off Linda's Diet DeLites (muffins are $2.16 each compared to $2.49), plus they have a rewards program so if you're buying from ThinSlim you should reconsider! Your next order you should totally try one of Chatila's Bakery muffins, they're a little more caloric (90 per muffin) but they're huge and in my opinion are much more "muffin like," so to speak! They're also a lot cheaper, $1.47 per muffin.

I did buy from Linda's! Because I saw you posted before about them being cheaper :smile: I will order those other ones to try, I don't mind a bit more calories if they are cheaper and bigger. Have you tried all the flavors of those? I am eyeing the blueberry, apple berry nut and peanut chip.

The only Chatila flavors I tried were pumpkin, gingerbread, and the cinnamon bun flavors. The flavors are pretty subtle but the muffin texture is on point and it's very satisfying from what I've seen so far, but those do sound good and I hope to try them! If you beat me to it be sure to leave a review!

On another note, I tried Dunkin's new Heath bar and Almond Joy swirl coffee syrups! Very rarely does a new coffee flavor impress me, and the Heath wasn't much different from other flavors I've had there. The almond joy, however, I strongly recommend to anyone who likes sweet coffee and also is a fan of almond joys! It tastes JUST like the candy and I feel it's safe to say is Dunkin's finest flavor yet! I got it in the hot latte and all I can say is 5/5. Wish it wasn't so bad for you, I'd have it every day. Best 420 calories spent on a large drink in a long time, they gave Starbucks something hard to live up to with this one! Best coconut coffee I've ever had.

Mmm...I love coconut coffee. Wonder if they would just sell the syrup?

I feel like the store probably wouldn't, but it's worth a shot! I don't see it anywhere on their website to order online, but I've noticed there's a few eBay sellers out there who mysteriously obtain bottles of syrups and sell them x'D The trick is to type in "Swirl" and not "Syrup" to find the most results! I currently see one listed for $35 plus free shipping which doesn't actually sound too bad, but again, no clue how legal this is as they totally could have been stolen, it just seems sketchy >->
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    how they taste

Where'd you find it at?

Wegmans
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Oh I want these.

WAS JUST GOING TO POST ABOUT THESE HAHA! They look really good, hope I can find them. I wonder what the stats on them are.

I found the Oreos at Weis today :). I love them! Definitely one of my favorite weird Oreo flavor combinations behind Cotton Candy. I went to Weis today to buy the Pepsi 24 pack cubes for $4.97 & Turkey Hill ice cream for $1.88 (could buy five at that price). The Turkey Hill was majorly empty & I was a bit bummed they didn't have my new favorite flavor Double Dunker. Bought two Red Velvet & one of each of Egg Nog & Pumpkin Pie (I was surprised they still had these seasonal flavors in stock).

I bought more of the Kodiak Minute Muffins today at Giant.