New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    rendering_pasturedporklard.png
    Has anyone had this? I tried my hand at making bacon for my sister, failed, but enjoy using it for my egg in the morning. I don't cook bacon with any sort of frequency, don't like it tbh. I think this and their beef tallow is on sale at HEB this week.

Try making a fritatta with it. In a cast iron pan. Best. Dinner. Ever.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    v6a545zrwqve.png

Ooooo they're a questlabs thing. Quest is quickly becoming the bane of my existence. :)

Oh, I should say that I tried the new chips and thought they were awful. I never tried the original ones, so I can't say if it's an improvement or not, but I definitely will not purchase again. The flavour on them was good, but the actual chips taste gross, and I didn't care for the texture. I don't really know how to describe it.

I am not a fan of chips in general. I just think they are boring and when I want chips I want some really good ones. I tried the salt n vinegar old formula ones and the texture was weird, didn't taste like chips to me. But I may try these ones if I ever see them.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Quest Chips were pretty okay. I do prefer spending my calories on those than the bars, especially after the formula change.

New bars are
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    v6a545zrwqve.png

Ooooo they're a questlabs thing. Quest is quickly becoming the bane of my existence. :)

Oh, I should say that I tried the new chips and thought they were awful. I never tried the original ones, so I can't say if it's an improvement or not, but I definitely will not purchase again. The flavour on them was good, but the actual chips taste gross, and I didn't care for the texture. I don't really know how to describe it.

Me either the texture was like... almost grainy but not your right you cant explain. I would prefer veggie chips for 100 calories (although the stats aren't as good)
  • linza7116
    linza7116 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I found Garden Lights Superfood Veggie Cakes at Costco. They are tasty if you get tired of sweet things like me who is on a shake 3 times a day diet.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    So

IMG_7927-1280x1280.jpg

First mine weighed 10% more than the package said... so 250 calories in that small bar. Taste-wise, it's the same dense coating that we're used to with clif bars, but I couldn't really taste the filling. I'll have to try the coconut almond butter one next, but so far, for the price, it won't be a repeat purchase. They seem to be filling somewhat, at least.
  • Francl27
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    ^^^^ coconut over this any day. Also these are not for snacking. The picture explains that lol ;)

Well I was commenting on the taste.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So

IMG_7927-1280x1280.jpg

First mine weighed 10% more than the package said... so 250 calories in that small bar. Taste-wise, it's the same dense coating that we're used to with clif bars, but I couldn't really taste the filling. I'll have to try the coconut almond butter one next, but so far, for the price, it won't be a repeat purchase. They seem to be filling somewhat, at least.

THANKS for the review. Darn, was hoping they'd be a little lower calorie wise.
  • opalquartz
    opalquartz Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    yrksxdw8mj7y.jpeg

I am all over the Icelandic yogurt just now. High protein, low carb, low fat

They have this here in Germany! And not too expensive either. The cherry flavor is fantastic.
  • kirstenb13
    kirstenb13 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    So

Thanks, sounds like a skip for me then...
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Jesus, i dont know if houston is in a new crap drought, but my Target doesn't have any new Oreos

I couldnt even find tuna
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    "crap drought" LOL

I was in my Target a couple days ago and we didn't have any of the new ones either but we did have some of the old new ones....Reeses peanut butter cup, smoreos, and....I think that's it. Red velvet, cinnamon bun, and cupcake filled (I should buy more of those).

I get to leave work early today so I'm probably gonna stop off at Ralphs to pick up the Oreo lemon thins just to know I have them. :)
  • Francl27
    Options
    "crap drought" LOL

I was in my Target a couple days ago and we didn't have any of the new ones either but we did have some of the old new ones....Reeses peanut butter cup, smoreos, and....I think that's it. Red velvet, cinnamon bun, and cupcake filled (I should buy more of those).

I get to leave work early today so I'm probably gonna stop off at Ralphs to pick up the Oreo lemon thins just to know I have them. :)

The blueberry pie Oreos were not with the other Oreos at mine, but in the refrigerated section. Talk about weird.
  • glassyo
    Options
    "crap drought" LOL

The blueberry pie Oreos were not with the other Oreos at mine, but in the refrigerated section. Talk about weird.

Because...blueberry pie! :)

The impulsive buy had a review and said there was a slight tart taste so I'm not even going to waste my time. Have you tried them yet?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    "crap drought" LOL

Hahahaha I would never have thought to check there
  • Francl27
    Options
    "crap drought" LOL

The impulsive buy had a review and said there was a slight tart taste so I'm not even going to waste my time. Have you tried them yet?

I didn't get them. I don't really care for fruity cookies (or blueberry pie anyway).
  • glassyo
    Options
    "crap drought" LOL

I didn't get them. I don't really care for fruity cookies (or blueberry pie anyway).

Me either. I'm still going to try the strawberry oreos if I can get them, I think. I at least like strawberry flavor more than blueberry. And the lemon thins are barely a fruit...and thins! :)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    "crap drought" LOL

Hahahaha I would never have thought to check there
    :'(
    I might have missed them

I looked anywhere I could find cookies.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Jesus, i dont know if houston is in a new crap drought, but my Target doesn't have any new Oreos

I couldnt even find tuna

Stay away from those tuna Oreos, consider yourself lucky in this case.
    1158808-thumb-300xauto-1002118.jpg:p

Trying to type on my phone when I'm miffed is probably a bad idea in any case.

Mmmm....gross. : :#