New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Got to try those oreos too. Although I admit... I've never had anything 'red velvet' in my life... What does it taste like?

I've always felt that it was just chocolate dyed red. LOL

Actually it is a very mild chocolate that is dyed red. On the chocolate totem pole red velvet would be between white chocolate and milk chocolate.

Red velvet should have a certain tartness to it as well, but some "red velvet" recipes literally are just chocolate cake with a disturbing amount of red food dye added.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    My Target has the Clif bars but I don't know when I will be able to try them. Expensive though, man.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    My grocery store in NC has the chocolate Oreo Thins. We're usually a little slow to get things when they're released.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I tried the Nabisco Oreo brownie 'with real oreo pieces' yesterday. I had been looking forward to it for a couple of weeks.

I want my 280 calories back. And I love Oreos.

It tasted chemical-y and was dry but somehow stayed together. The oreo pieces weren't really noticeable excepting a small piece that was creme filling from the oreo and that tasted better than the actual brownie. I'd rather bake my own for that amount of calories.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Houston, TX
    My Krogers had Oreo lemon thins in stock. They aren't limited edition, so I didn't buy these. I'm holding out for the pebbles or blueberry flavors.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    v6a545zrwqve.png
  • Adrienneburrows1
    Adrienneburrows1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    In the yogurt category - Yoplait, which I think normally tastes like nothing, has a new line of Greek yogurt "Whips." So yogurt, but the texture of those Jell-O mousse pudding cups. The so-called vanilla cupcake still tastes like nothing, but the lemon meringue is really, really good. Eyeing the berry ones for next week's impulse purchase slot.

In the energy bars category - Luna Bar has a new "chocolate cupcake" flavor. They surprised me by being genuinely cake batter flavored, but the one I tried, at least, was stiff (stale?) which turned me off.

I love the Yogurt whips. I eat one of those every day just about. Salted Caramel and Coconut Cream are great flavors!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    v6a545zrwqve.png

Ooooo they're a questlabs thing. Quest is quickly becoming the bane of my existence. :)
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    v6a545zrwqve.png

Ooooo they're a questlabs thing. Quest is quickly becoming the bane of my existence. :)

Oh, I should say that I tried the new chips and thought they were awful. I never tried the original ones, so I can't say if it's an improvement or not, but I definitely will not purchase again. The flavour on them was good, but the actual chips taste gross, and I didn't care for the texture. I don't really know how to describe it.
  • bellaa_x0
    edited June 2016
    Options
    v6a545zrwqve.png

i was about to order a few bags (as in 3), but then its saying my shipping is $9?! no thanks... i'll wait.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Tried the B-Up bars. Yuck. They are very sweet, not as filling and have the consistency of taffy. I'll stick with Quest. Also ordered the Questa pasta ( which comes in a bag full of water) but haven't tried it yet.
  • bellaa_x0
    edited June 2016
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Tried the B-Up bars. Yuck. They are very sweet, not as filling and have the consistency of taffy. I'll stick with Quest. Also ordered the Questa pasta ( which comes in a bag full of water) but haven't tried it yet.

ditto on the the B-Up bars... they're not great at all. plus they block you on IG if you give them anything but a positive review (as in, post on IG reviewing their product), which is a shady way to run a business if you ask me.
  • glassyo
    Options
    Awwwww I really like the B Up bars. :(

I'm curious about the quest pasta. If the texture is anything like shirataki noodles...that's a go no for me.

And I like the quest chips (both versions) too! :p
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    v6a545zrwqve.png

Another thing I'll never get to try as I still haven't got into Quest labs...

Oh I found the blueberry pie Oreos at Target too, but not interested in that flavor.
  • kirstenb13
    kirstenb13 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Darn has no one tested the cliff bars yet? I also saw them at target yesterday but I don't want to buy 4 at once if they suck. Maybe I'll buy a box tomorrow...
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Quest Chips were pretty okay. I do prefer spending my calories on those than the bars, especially after the formula change.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options

I'm curious about the quest pasta. If the texture is anything like shirataki noodles...that's a go no for me.

I, too, really enjoy the Quest Chips (both versions). I thought the new ones were a lot crunchier but overall very similar, so if the original poster didn't like the newer ones they probably won't care for the old, either.

I have tried Quest Pasta and it's very similar, if not identical, to shirataki noodles. I tried the spinach fettuccine one because I liked the whole appeal of it being green, but other than that it tasted the same. If you like one, you'll like the other. Since you don't care for shirataki noodles, stay away :p
  • CooCooPuff
    edited June 2016
    Options
    rendering_pasturedporklard.png
    Has anyone had this? I tried my hand at making bacon for my sister, failed, but enjoy using it for my egg in the morning. I don't cook bacon with any sort of frequency, don't like it tbh. I think this and their beef tallow is on sale at HEB this week.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Uh oh... attention Walmart shoppers and Twinkies lovers, this summer:

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/06/09/hostess-rolls-out-pre-packed-deep-fried-twinkies-at-walmart/

Deep fried twinkies you can buy. Should I dare set higher expectations after all the disappointing reviews from the Oreo Churros?
  • glassyo
    edited June 2016
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

I, too, really enjoy the Quest Chips (both versions). I thought the new ones were a lot crunchier but overall very similar, so if the original poster didn't like the newer ones they probably won't care for the old, either.

I have tried Quest Pasta and it's very similar, if not identical, to shirataki noodles. I tried the spinach fettuccine one because I liked the whole appeal of it being green, but other than that it tasted the same. If you like one, you'll like the other. Since you don't care for shirataki noodles, stay away :p

LOL I figured. I didn't like the texture and I tried making them a couple different ways (microwave and pan fried). Oh well...I'll live! :)

Oh! And one of my Kroger/Ralphs had the Oreo lemon thins but not the chocolate thins. I didn't buy them but I'll probably stop in the one closer to my home or see if my even more local Safeway/Vons has them.