New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I'm protesting the Smart Made line because of that stupid "ingredients you can pronounce" blurb.
    Glad I'm not the only one annoyed with that crap. KIND does it too. :neutral:

• cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I saw the Smart Made frozen meals but were a little too pricey. Good to know that it tasted decent. Interesting that it is made by Smart Ones. Doesn't surprise me it has ingredients that people can't pronounce.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    I'm protesting the Smart Made line because of that stupid "ingredients you can pronounce" blurb.

KIND is responsible for some good changes from the FDA & food labeling . . . plus, I love KIND bars!

• shinycrazy
    edited December 2016
    Options
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »

KIND is responsible for some good changes from the FDA & food labeling . . . plus, I love KIND bars!
    They fought for changes after getting slapped on the wrist. http://www.fda.gov/Food/IngredientsPackagingLabeling/LabelingNutrition/ucm500184.htm

I still love KIND bars, I just don't see the reason to point out that the ingredient list is "pronounceable." It's a way to put down other, perfectly edible ( and dare I say healthy foods), that have the chemical names of their ingredients listed. It's a nod to that crazy woman that's scared of science and won't eat chemicals, but sells them on her website. http://www.forbes.com/sites/kavinsenapathy/2015/12/03/the-toxic-chemical-hypocrisy-of-food-babe-joseph-mercola-and-mark-hyman/#259862217d59
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    cf8yvz59a5wv.jpg

If anyone sees or tries this, please do two things for me:
    1.) Tell me the calories
    2.) Tell me if it's worth the calories xD

I loved the cake batter and cotton candy flavors so I might have to budget this into my daily goal somehow!

This might have to be allotted over the week, just sayin'... :blush:

I posted about my curiosity regarding the calories in the post on The Impulsive Buy it was featured in, and it got a reply. 620 Calories. They said it also tastes like a more sugary version of their cake batter flavor... welp, looks like I have to figure out how to make this fit into my day/week/maybe a month who knows xD I'm all for saving calories for something indulgent but darn it I'm just not disciplined enough to save 620 calories for a small milkshake that never ever fills me, especially when there's pints of ice cream out there for less than 400 calories :x
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    Omg @kellyjellybellyjelly cant wait to hear how the doughnuts are lol

I'm waiting for the report on the Little Debbie's Egg Nog Rolls... How do they make such delicious things for under $2.99?

I saw a review saying the Egg Nog rolls were amazing, so I can't wait to hear what she thinks either! Unfortunately, the Donut Bites didn't get as favorable reviews but you never know!

Yum! When I opened the package I smelled the roll (don't ask me I'm a weirdo) & it smelled so much like Egg Nog. You can definitely note an Egg Nog flavoring & these are way better than the Pumpkin Rolls Little Debbie puts out.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Bought this at Wal-Mart too & wow this is amazing!

A little pricey at $8.00, but a few weeks ago it was $10.00.

B%C3%9BCHE-SUCRE-%C3%80-LA-CR%C3%88ME-7.5-900x470.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Make your own! So good.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Make your own! So good.

Too lazy lol.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Okay y'all, I just tried the Walden Farms apple butter spread. The taste is sweet and tangy and spiced. It was awesome on butter toast. The downside, as you can see, is that it spreads like jello. I'm hoping it melts a bit because that is going on my next baked sweet potato. u2eu1.jpg

OMG is that butter AND apple butter???? :o
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    edited December 2016
    Options

I'm a little pissed that I bought a yogurt that no one noticed had expired November 20th! I mean come on that's flipping 11 days expired. How long can you eat yogurt passed the expiration date?

]

Oh hell I've eaten yogurt a month past its date. It's FINE. :)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

What is it?
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    Options
    ^^Looks like a pumpkin roll.
  • shinycrazy
    Options
    Okay y'all, I just tried the Walden Farms apple butter spread. The taste is sweet and tangy and spiced. It was awesome on butter toast. The downside, as you can see, is that it spreads like jello. I'm hoping it melts a bit because that is going on my next baked sweet potato. u2eu1.jpg

OMG is that butter AND apple butter???? :o

Oh yes @fitmom4lifemfp !! I used Brummel & Brown's yogurt butter (45 calories per serving) and Aunt Millie's Light Oatmeal bread (70 calories for 2 slices). And of course a dollop of the walden farms spread. Less than 120 calories for major yum and satisfaction. It's good on sweet potatoes(tastes like apple pie) and just had it on a PB sandwich. This jar is not going to last long.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    j5nxvltbc4i1.jpg

MALK Pecan Nog... Yum!

That sounds amazing o.o Where did you find it???
    I noticed quite a bit of dairy free egg nogs in Target so I decided to pick up Califia Farm's holiday nog to see how it compared to regular egg nog and it was just watered down and hardly sweet, not at all like the actual stuff! I need something really good to make up for all that disappointment, and this might be just that thing I need.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I remember reading several reviews saying how people were disappointed with the Cookies & Cream Halo Top... but oh my goodness I'm eating it now and it's one of the most satisfying flavors I've had so far!!! Super creamy and reminds me of the homemade cookies & cream ice cream my parents used to make!!!! It tastes like someone blended the creme inside of an Oreo cookie and made an ice cream out of it!!!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,637 Member
    Options
    I remember reading several reviews saying how people were disappointed with the Cookies & Cream Halo Top... but oh my goodness I'm eating it now and it's one of the most satisfying flavors I've had so far!!! Super creamy and reminds me of the homemade cookies & cream ice cream my parents used to make!!!! It tastes like someone blended the creme inside of an Oreo cookie and made an ice cream out of it!!!

YES!!!!! I feel so validated right now!!!!! :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I honestly didn't find any flavor that I didn't like out of all the ones I got, but none that really impressed me either.
  • illusion2269
    illusion2269 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Also, I made this on Thanksgiving.
    2s7gu8n.jpg
    It was so easy, and SO delicious. Exactly like the lava cake at Chili's. The recipe is here:http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2015/10/slow-cooker-brownie-pudding/
    You are evil!!! I had to make this tonight, and it is soooo goooood!
    15349692_10202577734240077_2755513226216727553_n.jpg?oh=cafa88c59c1ede305e86ef6f26b5c1d5&oe=58AE4E54