New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    bestproteinbar.jpg
    Was hoping this would be really good because they have similar ingredients to old quest, but did not like. Weird artificial sweet caramel taste. Almost like sugar free caramel coffee syrup. Not like real caramel. The texture was weird, like a quest bar but stiffer and had chunks of pretzels which didn't go well with it. Would not buy again. 4/10

8gg763ske6zn.png

Loved the vanilla one. Overall I love these bars and I will be buying. The stats are great and they taste delicious. Vanilla was very vanillay and sweet and just delightful. Very happy about these, usually bars that aren't well known aren't that good, so I was surprised how good these are. I bet they will get more popular. 10/10

Anyone try these yet? I got a free sample and free box from that promotion, but haven't gotten it yet and saw them in GNC today and was wondering if anyone tried them yet.
    fitjoy-collection.png

• Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    besee_2000 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    Same exact recipe as you make with Lil Buff Bakes:
    Just add 3 ingredients to make the finished cake:

One egg white (3 tbsp/46g)
    Milk (unsweetened cashew for best results) - I used unsweetened almond milk (30mL or 1/8 cup)
    Unsweetened apple sauce (75g)

Directions:

Mix batter in a tupperware container (I used my biggest bowl) and place in the microwave for 2-3 minutes (I did 2 minutes and 40 seconds) for a delicious (pan)cake that won't get in the way of your fitness goals!

Of course, instead of mixing these ingredients with their cake mix I used the same amount that would be in one pouch (60g) of Kodiak Cakes. Next time I may add some non calorie sweetener packets to sweeten it a little since I don't find Kodiak Cakes all that sweet (except for their chocolate flavor which I love and will probably try next). I'm assuming (can just about promise) it works with any protein pancake mix though, can't wait to use P28 Foods too, as I love their white chocolate chip!

Thank you for this. Tried it out with my own modifications.

53g Kodiak Cakes
    30g Almond unsweetened milk
    69g egg whites
    1 packet stevia
    2:40min in microwave and Kaboom!
    nohkkoibpyc7.jpg

Have you ever had protein cakes made with protein powder, egg whites, applesauce? I am wondering how different these come out in texture or if they are similar.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Hahaha I'm glad the results seem to be consistent! Have you ever heard of a rice cooker pancake? If not, google it, it looks marvelous (I'll attach a picture too). These are healthier, lazier versions and I am 100% ok with this, we're onto something! ;D

8uuujh09tq70.png
    Oh man, so beautiful! I am pretty psyched to try add-ins and different flavors. It was so spongey cake-like for 231cal and 22g protein. Well now I want a rice cooker on top of the pressure cooker. Like my kitchen needs anymore appliances.

@Noreenmarie1234 I've made microwaved what I would call Protein disks that were protein powder, egg whites, banana and oatmeal but they always had this squeaky texture. Have you ever had fresh cheese curbs? Kinda like that. So this is an improvement, at least from that concoction.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    foto.aspx?idFoto=29403&tamanho=11

Very disappointed in that one. I like the Chobani and Dannon versions much better. The yogurt itself is just mediocre, and no almonds... bleh!

Oh well it was only 88c (I got to stuck up on other things at this price though).
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    So I went to Dunkin Donuts this morning to try their new cold brew coffee, and honestly it didn't taste any different to me than their regular iced coffee o.o If anyone here heard about it and is considering whether or not they should drive out of their way for it, I wouldn't suggest doing so :p
  • Francl27
    Options
    So I went to Dunkin Donuts this morning to try their new cold brew coffee, and honestly it didn't taste any different to me than their regular iced coffee o.o If anyone here heard about it and is considering whether or not they should drive out of their way for it, I wouldn't suggest doing so :p

Yeah cold brew and regular iced coffee always taste the same to me - LOL.

Did laugh about the idea of 'driving out of the way' to go to Dunkin Donuts though considering that there are about, oh, 4 of those in a 5 miles radius here.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »
    light-and-fit-greek-crunch-peanut-butter-delight.png
    Pretty good, but a little too sweet for me. It was vanilla yogurt mixed with chocolate and PB chips and some sort of crunchy granola-ish topping, but it would be so much better if it was PB-flavored yogurt with dark chocolate chunks and the granola-ish topping.
    light-and-fit-greek-crunch-smore.png
    Oh my god -amazing. It's sweet, but not sickeningly sweet, and the dark chocolate chunks add the perfect amount of bitterness/indulgence.

Oooooh, I like the caramel fudge pretzel one, but I haven't seen these flavors yet. I love me some s'mores.
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Did laugh about the idea of 'driving out of the way' to go to Dunkin Donuts though considering that there are about, oh, 4 of those in a 5 miles radius here.

4? I have 27 in a 5 mile radius. :D
  • hgycta
    edited August 2016
    Options
    cdudley628 wrote: »

Dang I hardly have any around my house you guys are lucky xD

Pardon the bad picture but I just wanted to give an update about Atkin's new lift bar I purchased. I was actually very impressed, 200 calories and it was very filling! I'll DEFINITELY buy this again, can't wait to try the other flavors! Better than quest in my opinion, the texture was perfect (not super soft where it would melt but also not rock solid) and it didn't really taste all that protein-y like bars normally do. Very good taste, highly recommend! I got it at Shoprite for about $1.99

bcyv0edmt8g5.jpg
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Yeah, I pass 5 of them on my 11 mile commute to work.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    besee_2000 wrote: »

Hahaha I'm glad the results seem to be consistent! Have you ever heard of a rice cooker pancake? If not, google it, it looks marvelous (I'll attach a picture too). These are healthier, lazier versions and I am 100% ok with this, we're onto something! ;D

8uuujh09tq70.png

OMG...!!!1!
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Probably UK only, but Trewithen Dairy natural yoghurt is delicious. I've just had 100g with 40g red grapes and it felt luxurious :)
  • Haught2015
    Haught2015 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Atkins cookies n cream meal bar is amazing.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »
    light-and-fit-greek-crunch-peanut-butter-delight.png
    Pretty good, but a little too sweet for me. It was vanilla yogurt mixed with chocolate and PB chips and some sort of crunchy granola-ish topping, but it would be so much better if it was PB-flavored yogurt with dark chocolate chunks and the granola-ish topping.
    light-and-fit-greek-crunch-smore.png
    Oh my god -amazing. It's sweet, but not sickeningly sweet, and the dark chocolate chunks add the perfect amount of bitterness/indulgence.

Oooooh, I like the caramel fudge pretzel one, but I haven't seen these flavors yet. I love me some s'mores.

Just tried the Caramel Fudge Pretzel today, & I think that is one of my new favorite yogurts.
  • Francl27
    Options
    dscn3882.jpg?w=480&h=360

Gah. Evil little things. Totally blew it on those babies today.
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    dscn3882.jpg?w=480&h=360

I have NO control when it comes to Oreos. I bought 4 packages of the different flavor of thin ones...I ate a whole row and then threw every one of them away. It was a waste of money, but I can't control myself if they are in the house
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    dscn3882.jpg?w=480&h=360

I still need to try these!

Tiny Toast blueberry cereal is a lot better in cashew milk than cows.

• Noreenmarie1234
    Options

Pardon the bad picture but I just wanted to give an update about Atkin's new lift bar I purchased. I was actually very impressed, 200 calories and it was very filling! I'll DEFINITELY buy this again, can't wait to try the other flavors! Better than quest in my opinion, the texture was perfect (not super soft where it would melt but also not rock solid) and it didn't really taste all that protein-y like bars normally do. Very good taste, highly recommend! I got it at Shoprite for about $1.99

bcyv0edmt8g5.jpg

Wow didn't expect these to be that good. Will have to buy and try, thanks for the review. I wouldn't of tried them otherwise because I assumed they would be mediocre.
  • hgycta
    Options

bcyv0edmt8g5.jpg

Wow didn't expect these to be that good. Will have to buy and try, thanks for the review. I wouldn't of tried them otherwise because I assumed they would be mediocre.

I already went back and bought the salted caramel flavor, hopefully I'll be trying it tomorrow I can't wait! I'm not sure where I got $1.99 from though I paid around $2.50 for it o.o Still, worth it! I personally liked this a lot more than Quest, just wish they had just as many flavors!
  • hgycta
    Options
    Inhaled it before I took a picture, but it looked similar to the peanut butter chocolate chip one. Hard to say which one I prefer between the two since the flavor is so subtle but I love the texture!!! Seriously these are my new go-to protein bars and I strongly suggest them. High hopes for the chocolate brownie!!! Need to scale back on all this foodie shopping I've been doing recently though haha

kehcybq5s800.jpg