New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

The reviews underneath were pretty bad though, so I don't know, lol.

Will definitely have to try the Cookies & Cream flavor since I am not shelling out around $20.00 on Amazon to try the Trader Joe's version.
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I just purchased Miracle Noodle Shirataki Pasta:

91714c-IssL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BTMDALO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

I liked it - an unusual texture but not bad to satisfy my pasta cravings sometimes.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Just seen on Jif's website they have a peanut butter powder now.

http://www.jif.com/products/peanut-powder

It says it's 70 calories for three tablespoons so a few more calories than PB2 (maybe like 3-4 top).
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

It says it's 70 calories for three tablespoons so a few more calories than PB2 (maybe like 3-4 top).

Ohhh I want to try these! I eat pb2 a gigantic jar every few weeks and wonder if JIF tastes better and how it compares!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Found this at the store the other night and bought it primarily so that I could have something to share on this thread, LOL!

pn9xmrw214ox.jpg

It's a line of hummus made with alternative ingredients, I guess alternatives to garbanzo beans? This was probably the closest to traditional hummus I really couldn't taste much difference. They had a carrot one as well as edamame I think too. Might try one of those next time for a bigger change.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I wish I liked hummus, lol.

Oh, not new, but I found the Oreos fudge cremes yesterday! I was tempted, but at $5 for a box that has a use by date of August, and considering that I still have 4 boxes of s'moreos, I decided against it.

Amusingly that store had a lot of pumpkin spice flavored stuff too (granola bars, pop tarts etc).
  • spat095
    spat095 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Found this at the store the other night and bought it primarily so that I could have something to share on this thread, LOL!

pn9xmrw214ox.jpg

It's a line of hummus made with alternative ingredients, I guess alternatives to garbanzo beans? This was probably the closest to traditional hummus I really couldn't taste much difference. They had a carrot one as well as edamame I think too. Might try one of those next time for a bigger change.

I've had the edamame kind! It was great!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I wish I liked hummus, lol.

Oh, not new, but I found the Oreos fudge cremes yesterday! I was tempted, but at $5 for a box that has a use by date of August, and considering that I still have 4 boxes of s'moreos, I decided against it.

Amusingly that store had a lot of pumpkin spice flavored stuff too (granola bars, pop tarts etc).

Makes you wonder if it's leftover from the fall or if they are just getting a jump on this October...

Last week I was camping with my family and one of the camp stores had "Back to School" Oreos. I forgot to take a pic. Pretty sure those have been on the shelf since last August... Kind of a strange choice for a campground anyway!
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    I bought some PB Creme Oreos yesterday. They were pretty good, but not so good that I couldn't resist eating more than 3.
  • buffveganme
    buffveganme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    de44f678-31fd-4442-bb92-a32df47312c4_zpsoflzu3td.jpg

0985839d-4f64-4de5-8514-9a0018480af3_zpsusns3fvi.jpg

Peanut Butter Chocolate
    Fermented Vegan Proteins+ contains no artificial colours, flavours or sweeteners.

Peanut butter, isomalto-oligosaccharides, fermented pea protein isolate, organic agave syrup, crisp rice (rice flour, rice bran, raisin juice concentrate, salt), sesame powder, chocolate drops (organic cane sugar, unsweetened chocolate, cocoa butter), organic evaporated cane juice, sesame seeds, natural flavors, peanut oil, fermented vegan protein blend (organic hemp protein, organic quinoa sprout powder, alfalfa protein, organic spirulina, mung bean sprouts), chia seeds, sea salt, sunflower lecithin, mixed tocopherols. Contains: Peanuts and sesame seeds. May contain: Milk, soy, tree nuts and egg.

A little high on the sugar (9 grams/bar) @ 220 calories for 13 grams of protein. I have tried this - tastes good though...
  • jlabrum16
    jlabrum16 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    yourad0rk wrote: »
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on the go.

I'm interested in trying the Quest Protein chips though, and have bought some BBQ flavoured ones which I'm still waiting on in the post. Fingers crossed they taste better than the bars, and also better than 'Protein Bites' by Novo which carry a very strange taste regardless of flavour.

I have tried most of the Quest bars and a few are not good at all. But I love love the white chocolate raspberry kind and I like the chocolate chip cookie dough too!! :)
  • blwasson73
    blwasson73 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    The riced cauliflower from Trader Joes. We eat paleo and it's a huge time saver after a log day. Use instead of rice for a much healthier and low carb alternative! Only $1.99 a bag too.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options

It actually comes out the same. PB2 is 45 cals for 2 tablespoons. I wonder if it'll be cheaper tho. I got spoiled buying the jars at Big Lots for $4 each but my closest store went out of business.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    jlabrum16 wrote: »
    yourad0rk wrote: »
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on the go.

I'm interested in trying the Quest Protein chips though, and have bought some BBQ flavoured ones which I'm still waiting on in the post. Fingers crossed they taste better than the bars, and also better than 'Protein Bites' by Novo which carry a very strange taste regardless of flavour.

I have tried most of the Quest bars and a few are not good at all. But I love love the white chocolate raspberry kind and I like the chocolate chip cookie dough too!! :)

The White Chocolate Raspberry are my favorites! I've been eating one everyday for Breakfast.

I also like The Cookies & Cream & Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited June 2015
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

It actually comes out the same. PB2 is 45 cals for 2 tablespoons. I wonder if it'll be cheaper tho. I got spoiled buying the jars at Big Lots for $4 each but my closest store went out of business.

I was also wondering that. I think where I live it's around $4.00-$5.00 for PB2?
  • glassyo
    Options

Gram-per-gram, however, Jif's powdered peanut butter comes out to be more.

Ooooooo ok.

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I got the cold brew coffee concentrate from TJs when I was there.

It's ok. Not great but I got it for the times I want iced coffee.

I mixed it with milk, water, and chocolate syrup (mocha lol). It was better on Friday when I had added ice to it and it was diluted further. I ran out of room in my glass today for ice, plus I have reusable ice cubes at home lol

I also tried the grape Chobani like 10min ago.
    not terrible, especially since it's Chobani.

I've also tried 4 of the Alpina coffee greek yogurt: caramel machiato, coffee, mocha, and french vanilla (I think?). Meh. The coffee one got one bite and trash can.

Tried Green Mountain creamery coffee greek yogurt. That was delicious. Especially compared to the Alpina. I have a container of their maple I can't wait to try.

I saw Almond Breeze almond milk with a touch of honey this morning. Has anyone tried it?? Is the honey overwhelming?
    I like honey wheat bread/pretzels but hate honey yogurt...
  • glassyo
    Options

I was also wondering that. I think where I live it's around $4.00-$5.00 for PB2?

Target has it for $4.69 but Ralph's and Whole Paycheck have it for like $6 something!