New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    2r3wrgbjnpe6.jpg
    Shoprite has Smart Made Bowls on sale so I tried the vegetable enchilada bake. Good flavor, but (especially) for the price I was expecting a lot more. Not a lot of food at all and would've been a lot better with a little rice. It really didn't satisfy my at all and left me wanting something more in terms of flavors and substance.

Also, IHOP's eggnog pancakes are back and they just introduced these peppermint chocolate pancakes. I didn't get a chance to try the eggnog last year but definitely plan to do so sometime this year before they retire! If anyone tries either please let me know how they are!!!
    nedvtf81509f.png

Have you tried the Trutein Egg Nog flavor? I might get the sample size pack to try.

No I've never had that protein powder yet, if you try it let me know what you think! Currently I use Quest as my go-to brand, I've been disappointed with too many brands to just go out and buy this without a review from someone else first haha :p
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    besee_2000 wrote: »
    Still waiting for the new halo top flavors and found our shelves like this! aaif3tac6rk0.jpg
    Omg we got enlightened ice cream at our store. Absolutely love the salted caramel. Those prices are just amazing, too!

Wow it's cheap.

Huh...that's new packaging for Enlightened (the yellow and blue pint containers)?

Enlightened's Facebook has been showing off their new containers, they did redesign them (not sure why, I personally prefer being able to see the swirls through the clear containers). If you take a picture with yourself with the pint you can win a bunch of free ice cream though for sharing it with them on Facebook!
  • hgycta
    Options
    Noticed this on Ben & Jerry's Facebook o.o

jdtipb5zmcds.png
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

jdtipb5zmcds.png

0srsv9cc0q27.gif
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

jdtipb5zmcds.png

I'm still looking for that new cake flavored ice cream that's limited to Wal-Mart.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Oreos stole my idea! Still excited to try! These will be out supposedly around Memorial Day 2017.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

Oreos stole my idea! Still excited to try! These will be out supposedly around Memorial Day 2017.

Kelly there was an off brand sandwich cookie with pop rocks in it we used to buy in NFLD 15 or so years ago!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,648 Member
    Options

Can't wait! Trader Joe's has these new fudge stripey type cookies with pop rocks on top and they're just...fun. :)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Can't wait! Trader Joe's has these new fudge stripey type cookies with pop rocks on top and they're just...fun. :)

HAHA @kellyjellybellyjelly your idea!! How did they get this picture if they aren't released yet? Were they in the past??
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options

HAHA @kellyjellybellyjelly your idea!! How did they get this picture if they aren't released yet? Were they in the past??

this isn't the actual packaging... its a mock-up someone did
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

It wouldn't surprise me if food corporations had spies that visited popular message boards or blogs to get inspiration for new food ideas.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options

Thanks! Now I know what to look for the next time I stop by. Those sound so tasty!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    Free rocky road quest bar for those of you who want to try giving out today at vitamin world.

I also got an email from them saying this Saturday they'll be giving away free beyond cereal bars at The Vitamin Shoppe and GNC!

Just a reminder for everyone to go to GNC & Vitamin Shoppe.

I'm literally on the bus right now. I'm hoping to get two bars since the GNC and VitaminShoppe where I live are in the same area.

I managed to get three free bars but not the chocolate flavor unfortunately.
    My quick review:
    Both the waffle and cinnamon cereal bars were tasty with the right amount of sweetness. While the 12 g of protein is a plus, the bars are not special enough to justify spending $26 on a box. I'd gladly take the bars for free or with a really good sale, but if I want a cereal bar, I'll just stick to the cheap ones I find at my local grocery stores. I get enough protein from other sources anyways.

uq7vaffdvk6b.jpg
    The waffle is on the left, and the cinnamon roll is on the right:
    be8rpqifaxg7.jpg

• hgycta
    Options

It wouldn't surprise me if food corporations had spies that visited popular message boards or blogs to get inspiration for new food ideas.

They do. It's called "social media listening."

And you're probably one of those companies @joshperson195 xD it's the only thing that makes sense as to how you always find and try all the greatest new things before everyone else... like Halo Top. It's just not fair </3
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options

They do. It's called "social media listening."

And you're probably one of those companies @joshperson195 xD it's the only thing that makes sense as to how you always find and try all the greatest new things before everyone else... like Halo Top. It's just not fair </3

LOL we've figured out his secret
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Free rocky road quest bar for those of you who want to try giving out today at vitamin world.

I also got an email from them saying this Saturday they'll be giving away free beyond cereal bars at The Vitamin Shoppe and GNC!

Just a reminder for everyone to go to GNC & Vitamin Shoppe.

I'm literally on the bus right now. I'm hoping to get two bars since the GNC and VitaminShoppe where I live are in the same area.

I managed to get three free bars but not the chocolate flavor unfortunately.
    My quick review:
    Both the waffle and cinnamon cereal bars were tasty with the right amount of sweetness. While the 12 g of protein is a plus, the bars are not special enough to justify spending $26 on a box. I'd gladly take the bars for free or with a really good sale, but if I want a cereal bar, I'll just stick to the cheap ones I find at my local grocery stores. I get enough protein from other sources anyways.

uq7vaffdvk6b.jpg
    The waffle is on the left, and the cinnamon roll is on the right:
    be8rpqifaxg7.jpg

thanks for the review! I agree 26 a box is absolutely ridiculous especially since they are half the calories of a regular quest bar.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, I asked a relative to get me a sample, but ended up with a blueberry Quest Bar.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »

Kelly there was an off brand sandwich cookie with pop rocks in it we used to buy in NFLD 15 or so years ago!

Nice! I loved the Trader Joe's Pop Rock kind of candy bar.

The Jelly Donut Oreos might also be a possibility in the near future.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    2r3wrgbjnpe6.jpg
    Shoprite has Smart Made Bowls on sale so I tried the vegetable enchilada bake. Good flavor, but (especially) for the price I was expecting a lot more. Not a lot of food at all and would've been a lot better with a little rice. It really didn't satisfy my at all and left me wanting something more in terms of flavors and substance.

Also, IHOP's eggnog pancakes are back and they just introduced these peppermint chocolate pancakes. I didn't get a chance to try the eggnog last year but definitely plan to do so sometime this year before they retire! If anyone tries either please let me know how they are!!!
    nedvtf81509f.png

Have you tried the Trutein Egg Nog flavor? I might get the sample size pack to try.

No I've never had that protein powder yet, if you try it let me know what you think! Currently I use Quest as my go-to brand, I've been disappointed with too many brands to just go out and buy this without a review from someone else first haha :p
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    besee_2000 wrote: »
    Still waiting for the new halo top flavors and found our shelves like this! aaif3tac6rk0.jpg
    Omg we got enlightened ice cream at our store. Absolutely love the salted caramel. Those prices are just amazing, too!

Wow it's cheap.

Huh...that's new packaging for Enlightened (the yellow and blue pint containers)?

Enlightened's Facebook has been showing off their new containers, they did redesign them (not sure why, I personally prefer being able to see the swirls through the clear containers). If you take a picture with yourself with the pint you can win a bunch of free ice cream though for sharing it with them on Facebook!

Just ordered two sample packs of the Egg Nog flavor so I'll make sure to leave a review once I try it.
  • Ne0Indigo
    Ne0Indigo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Passion fruit slushie from McDonald's, oportos new sliders, triple chocolate milkshake cornetto, KFC's tropical double... someone out there hates me