New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @lenac87 what store did you find the veggie tots at?

@CooCooPuff I saw the Mexican Hot Chocolate Clif Bar at Trader Joes today...lots in stock, in a very "Trader Joes" type town, on a Friday and it was a madhouse! Just saying much more stock than Kroger had!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Wegmans had most of the new flavors of Halo Top. I bought 5 and sampled them... I'm mixed. It still tastes pretty artificial to me, especially the sea salt caramel and cookies and creme. S'mores tasted a bit weird, I liked the nuts in the chocolate almond crunch, and the chocolate chip cookie dough seemed ok but there didn't seem to be much cookie dough (obviously it was just the top of the pint).

I'll have to get back to you on those when I eat more than a spoonful of each...

Lucky!!! I'm really hoping to find these soon!!!

My mother is hooked on Quest's beyond cereal bars so she asked me to order her a box online about a week ago. While I was at it, I decided to order an individual packet of the cinnamon protein powder in their labs. I'm actually really impressed, I was nervous since I noticed it had erythritol (the cookies & cream is their only other powder with erythritol and while I usually love this sweetener I found it bitter in this flavor), but the cinnamon was still very sweet and enjoyable. However, if you're sensitive to erythritol I'd stick to their original flavors without it, as the more I ate it the more I could tell it was there (although again, I really didn't mind with this flavor).
    I'm not sure if I'd order an entire tub of it unless it was on a really good sale (we'll see what happens cyber monday), but the sample packet was satisfying and I'd be curious how it tastes in pancakes or oatmeal.

Speaking of pancakes, I also went to Burger King to try their (is it new?) 89 cent stack of pancakes. Tastes just like McDonald's, just slightly fluffier and smaller circumference. I enjoyed it for what it was but it's not something to run out for (unlike IHOP's current pancakes).
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    lenac87 wrote: »
    I've found the Green Giant veggie tots in the frozen section of the grocery store. They have broccoli, cauliflower, and broccoli and cheese. So yummy! 6 tots for 130 calories and it helps me to get my veggies in :)

Funny - I posted the same thing a couple of days ago. I only found the broccoli ones. Really good.

@joanns1976: I found ours at Walmart.

• MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    WHOLE FOODS STILL DOES NOT HAVE THE NEW HALO TOP FLAVORS, GRRRRRRRR!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    @hgycta you are like the pancake review queen LOL. I didn't know BK sold pancakes so I think it is new.

• Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    @lenac87 what store did you find the veggie tots at?

@CooCooPuff I saw the Mexican Hot Chocolate Clif Bar at Trader Joes today...lots in stock, in a very "Trader Joes" type town, on a Friday and it was a madhouse! Just saying much more stock than Kroger had!

I found mine at Kroger.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Dang. I can't find them at Kroger or meijer and I semi loathe Walmart but I guess I'm going.
    Thanks all!
  • hgycta
    Options
    @hgycta you are like the pancake review queen LOL. I didn't know BK sold pancakes so I think it is new.

I think they've always had a platter with them but they're trying to advertise them more because now you can order them alone and their Facebook has 89 cents promoting them all over the place, though it doesn't say if it's always that price or not...
    I love pancakes more than life itself xD
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I saw these in Food Lion last night, walked by them, and then turned around...and caved. Have not tried them yet.17sq9yw2o6wt.jpg
    I saw these on Instagram last night. I'd pick them up.

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,245 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I saw the Farm Rich Bakery stuff at Meijer the other day and was so tempted to pick a box of one of them up. Maybe on my next trip since I will have a bit extra for the food budget.

Edit: Or not. All but the Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Bread and the Blueberry Scones use Soy Flour! Heck, the dang French Toast Sticks use Soy Protein Isolate. Dang it! Stop putting Soy in everything you dang companies.
    cmjx21iyoc5i.jpg
    5wwp40j18130.jpg

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Burger King pancakes have a load of calories,but don't they all?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    patceoh wrote: »

My own pancakes (diner size) have like 250 calories each. But OH SO TASTY. Not filling one bit though. Sigh.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I really like the Halo Top chocolate almond crunch flavor.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    ixt7gw.jpg

Not new, but YUM.
    I also found a gingerbread pound cake at Stop and Shop that's really good.

I need this
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    For those that shop at Wal-Mart:

The last time I was there they had an sidekick of the Amy's Boomchicka Pop holiday flavors.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Karb_Kween wrote: »
    ixt7gw.jpg

Not new, but YUM.
    I also found a gingerbread pound cake at Stop and Shop that's really good.

I need this
    I haven't had this in a while, but yea, it's good.

• hgycta
    edited November 2016
    Options

I don't really think the calories are all that bad honestly. A stack of three pancakes without syrup or butter is only 300 calories, and they're very satisfying! I'll admit I'm perhaps a little weird and will sometimes bring a small pack of sugar free syrup to save calories or eat them plain, they do have a lot of flavor and are quite buttery tasting alone. Or you could always see if they have jelly packets or something else lower in calories so it doesn't seem as bad :)

Speaking of fast food offerings, I was looking up nutritional information for something off McDonald's menu this morning and noticed this:
    https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/product/egg-white-and-turkey-sausage-bowl.html
    New breakfast bowls "loaded with egg whites, turkey sausage, spinach, kale and more." I don't see anything about availability or being a test item, so time will tell if it's something that's at all locations or not!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

I don't really think the calories are all that bad honestly. A stack of three pancakes without syrup or butter is only 300 calories, and they're very satisfying! I'll admit I'm perhaps a little weird and will sometimes bring a small pack of sugar free syrup to save calories or eat them plain, they do have a lot of flavor and are quite buttery tasting alone. Or you could always see if they have jelly packets or something else lower in calories so it doesn't seem as bad :)

Speaking of fast food offerings, I was looking up nutritional information for something off McDonald's menu this morning and noticed this:
    https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/product/egg-white-and-turkey-sausage-bowl.html
    New breakfast bowls "loaded with egg whites, turkey sausage, spinach, kale and more." I don't see anything about availability or being a test item, so time will tell if it's something that's at all locations or not!

OMG I hope they bring that to Canada- I could have McDonald's breakfast again when my husband goes down to hash brown town haha