New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Anyone else notice the difference in taste and consistency of lenny and larry cookies? Every time I buy a box the taste and consistency is slighty different. JUst bought snickerdoodle and they taste burnt and a bday cake which has a SUPER strong butter flavor (much different than the last ones).

Yeah, my last order of pumpkin cookies and mini chocolate chips both tasted burned, and the peanut butter swirl was sweeter than normal
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Anyone else notice the difference in taste and consistency of lenny and larry cookies? Every time I buy a box the taste and consistency is slighty different. JUst bought snickerdoodle and they taste burnt and a bday cake which has a SUPER strong butter flavor (much different than the last ones).

The Birthday Cake cookie I bought a few months ago tasted like it had before, but I can't vouch for any of the other flavors. I was so burnt out on the Snickerdoodle cookies from last year's huge sale ($13.00 a box) that I was trying to give them away.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    5193XHYgtBL._AC_UL320_SR254,320_.jpg

New to me product: oat fiber. This is not to be confused with oat flour. Oat fiber is nothing but the indigestible cellulose, so no calories. It has an interesting smell - cross between oatmeal and cardboard. :D

I started using this in pancakes in a 1:8 flour to oat fiber ratio. You can't taste any difference at all. No difference in final result in terms of texture. Very happy with my results so far with pancakes.

I used this in some cookies - my speculaas spiced oatmeal raisin cookies tasted amazing, but the texture needs some work. Combo of dried fruit and oat fiber made the cookies dry. So I'll play around on Friday with this some more and see what I can do about it. Thinking about adding some grated zucchini and soaking the fruit (OMG, I just thought of making a speculaas cake! Nom!). But the taste was on point and gets better with a day or two sit. BTW, I found the best recipe for homemade speculaas spice mix:
    * Speculaas spice:
    8 parts cinnamon
    2 parts nutmeg
    2 parts ground cloves
    1 part white pepper
    1 part ground ginger
    1 part cardamom

Source

That speculaas cookie recipe is also really good. 11/10, will definitely bake again.

Something I tried last night was stretching some chocolate PB2 with the oat fiber. Two tablespoons of CPB2 mixed with 1tbsp oat fiber, reconstituted with water to peanut butter consistency. It actually was surprisingly decent. Ate it on a xTreme Wellness Low Carb/High Fiber wrap with some mini chocolate chips for texture. The peanut flavor overpowered the oat flavor, no problem.

Where it was more meh was I tried to mix it with Greek yogurt and there wasn't enough 'other' flavor to take on the oat fiber. I just had vanilla and some sugar free chocolate syrup. It would probably go better with a cinnamon apple or speculaas flavored Greek yogurt and I might try that tonight for dessert.

Anthony's also sells erythritol that I regularly buy now.

• neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I bought workout clothes on Cyber Monday and a pair of jeans. I wasn't all that impressed with anything this year. Did anyone else find any killer deals?

I so badly wanted to buy a pair of Hunter rubber boots, because the short glossed style is so cute, but I still couldn't justify paying 79-100+ for a pair of rubber boots.

3725655-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Here's a pic of the shoes I bought on Friday.

Those are so pretty!!! I've been wanting a pair of stylish walking shoes. I see it listed for nearly $40 on the 6pm website. Yikes.... How much did you end up paying for it?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I bought workout clothes on Cyber Monday and a pair of jeans. I wasn't all that impressed with anything this year. Did anyone else find any killer deals?

I so badly wanted to buy a pair of Hunter rubber boots, because the short glossed style is so cute, but I still couldn't justify paying 79-100+ for a pair of rubber boots.

3725655-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

I love Sketchers. I actually scored 2 pairs of hiking boots at $30-35 on Thursday and Friday so I'm really happy about that (Merrell and Keen).

But yeah, not so many deals otherwise on fitness/nutrition stuff sadly...
    hgycta wrote: »
    5wp5b91y9r2b.jpg

Cyber Monday sales may have let me down, but my Wegmans sure didn't! They had all of the new Halo Top flavors IN STOCK so this is what my current haul of ice cream looks like :')
    I will say, when you have 11 pints of ice cream in your cart you get some weird looks.
    But I have no shame <3 I wouldn't have this problem if it wasn't for this thread probably so it's all your fault everyone but I love you all dearly for it <3

I think that wouldn't even fit in my freezer if it was currently empty!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    lol Your ice cream haul !!! Interesting with the oat fiber I wonder if it's like ISO imo hey used to use in quest ?nbazj6iltv0x.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    1q8xre3d0a7b.jpg
    Test and review for free ? Lol how
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
    5wp5b91y9r2b.jpg

Cyber Monday sales may have let me down, but my Wegmans sure didn't! They had all of the new Halo Top flavors IN STOCK so this is what my current haul of ice cream looks like :')
    I will say, when you have 11 pints of ice cream in your cart you get some weird looks.
    But I have no shame <3 I wouldn't have this problem if it wasn't for this thread probably so it's all your fault everyone but I love you all dearly for it <3

I sooo don't like you right now.

Whole Foods STILL doesn't have them! Grrr . . .
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    1q8xre3d0a7b.jpg
    Test and review for free ? Lol how

I just logged into quest labs and there are no cereal bars.... Love to try the chocolate peanut butter!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    anyone ever try these? r2lz1nm61c6k.png
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Also not a fan of candy canes... but I would LOVE to try these haha. If I buy candy canes for the kids this year I will def be buying these and take a few ;)31173891811_387b360d34_z.jpg?resize=640%2C511&ssl=1
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Just opened up my L&L snickerdoodle. There was more sugar than usual, but the taste was pretty norm.
    ...As for the candy cane, I'd give kids mint cane and keep the others if they were tasty.

Nothing in QuestLabs :disappointed:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited November 2016
    Options
    5wp5b91y9r2b.jpg

Now that is my kind of haul! Can't wait to hear your reviews.

I e-mailed Blue Bunny a few weeks ago & asked if the company was going to be releasing Holidoodle this year & they replied that it has been discontinued. That was my favorite ice cream last holiday season.

I get you on the weird looks, because I know I'll get some weird looks on Thursday when I spend my special 25% discount at Wal-Mart. I'm hoping the local Wal-Mart I go to has the newest Ben & Jerry's cake flavored ice cream or the new Oreo bar candy bar.

At the Grocery Outlet when it first opened I had bought so much ice cream that the one cashier there made comments every time I went into the store.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »

3725655-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Those are so pretty!!! I've been wanting a pair of stylish walking shoes. I see it listed for nearly $40 on the 6pm website. Yikes.... How much did you end up paying for it?

The price ended up being around $33.00 which isn't great, but definitely better than I normally find Sketchers shoes.