New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    3nnduml7dbkr.jpg

See my latest post in the Food/Nutrition forum. Kroger has a new copycat Halo Top ice cream. Anyone try it?

I was originally going to go to Target tomorrow for almond milk...Guess that I'm going to Kroger now.

Rumor has it Target is coming out with a copycat as well. A little bird told me.

!!!!! Well they need to get on that one ASAP! Did that little birdie also hint at what flavors these will be???
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    3nnduml7dbkr.jpg

See my latest post in the Food/Nutrition forum. Kroger has a new copycat Halo Top ice cream. Anyone try it?

I was originally going to go to Target tomorrow for almond milk...Guess that I'm going to Kroger now.

Rumor has it Target is coming out with a copycat as well. A little bird told me.

!!!!! Well they need to get on that one ASAP! Did that little birdie also hint at what flavors these will be???

I have connections haha.
  • mom2colbyj
    mom2colbyj Posts: 119 Member
    stealthq wrote: »
    mom2colbyj wrote: »
    Finally found these at the store I just have to try they are those burgers that are vegan but bleed like real meat xxenqmj6y7te.jpg

I love, love, love these!!! I actually made a pair last night and am having the second one for dinner tonight. I don't find they "bleed" but they sure do put off a lot of grease or a grease like substance. When a meat craving hits I just cook up one of these and bam meat craving gone. They are also starting to sell them in higher end restaurants now and I'm hoping they'll go more mainstream. I do have to say they aren't cheap, I pay $6 for 2, but are so worth it a couple times a month.

I have plenty of love for various vegan or vegetarian burgers (meat burgers, too), but I have to admit ... "bleed(s) like real meat" is not exactly a description that would motivate me to pick these up.

Yeah definitely not a slogan that draws me into buying anything. I guess it's for people like my Mom that like when their steaks to moo back at them, lol. Although you would never mistake them for actual meat these are the closest I've come to mimicking it. The actual taste and feel of any type meat makes me ill and my stomach can't handle it anymore so this is a nice thing to have on the occasion I get a craving that won't stop. I'm sure there will be people that say it tastes nothing at all like a real burger/meat but hey it works for me and that's all that matters in my little corner of the universe. :smile:
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    3nnduml7dbkr.jpg

I have connections haha.

Being able to go to Aldi's and pick up their Halo Top-equivalent along with my 0% Greek Yogurt and fancy cheeses? Don't tease me... :smile:
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    nvn9z6vlc3ez.jpeg

WHERE?

Whole Foodies

YEEESSSSSSSS!!!

• besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    3nnduml7dbkr.jpg

Leanitup is the new josh with his connections lol. Yessss more flavors

I haven't seen Josh since the call out or is it just me?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    besee_2000 wrote: »
    3nnduml7dbkr.jpg

Nope but I hope he's okay he used to be on here a lot
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited June 2017
    h6qvprlifxp4.jpg
    ib4nei7ovjbs.jpg
    I thought these were suppose to be chips LOL!?!?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    ]

What is it? Cuz I know what it looks like... :s
  • Noreenmarie1234
    ]

https://www.amazon.com/PLANETARIANS-Protein-Chips-Variety-Ounce/dp/B072J8FZ4H

They sent me a free 6 pack variety pack. I haven't tried yet just opened and had to run out of the house but opened to see what they looked like and....they were not what I was expecting LOL. According to amazon they are "chips".
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    ]

https://www.amazon.com/PLANETARIANS-Protein-Chips-Variety-Ounce/dp/B072J8FZ4H

They sent me a free 6 pack variety pack. I haven't tried yet just opened and had to run out of the house but opened to see what they looked like and....they were not what I was expecting LOL. According to amazon they are "chips".

Really weird. I guess they could look like deformed Cocoa Puffs.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited June 2017
    h6qvprlifxp4.jpg
    ib4nei7ovjbs.jpg

LOL I thought the same thing, that's so strange!!! How do they taste though??

I went to 7-11 to snag a cotton candy slurpee today and unfortunately I'm not impressed. Personally I don't order too many carbonated drinks so all I could notice was the fizziness with it being sweet. If it had any cotton candy flavoring to it, I missed out on it completely, but perhaps the more attuned slurpee consumer would be able to point it out. It's a shame they didn't make a cotton candy flavored hot chocolate or coffee, now THAT I would be able to notice! ;)
    And yes, that little blue mess underneath my cup was totally me. My first shot at it I missed the little hole in the lid and it went ALL over the dome lid and made such a big mess! I don't know how people make it look so easy, I can't fill up these things unless the lid is removed first. I don't know why I try xD

a78kc6l8fv5h.jpg
  • leanitup123
    3nnduml7dbkr.jpg

Who is this "Josh" ??
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited June 2017
    3nnduml7dbkr.jpg

Who is this "Josh" ??

He was a poster who always had the scoop on new food items that weren't yet released. We all assumed he worked for a major food corporation & that's how he had the food knowledge. I bet he's the one that stole my Pop Rock Oreo's idea haha :p.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member
    3nnduml7dbkr.jpg

Who is this "Josh" ??

He was a poster who always had the scoop on new food items that weren't yet released. We all assumed he worked for a major food corporation & that's how he had the food knowledge. I bet he's the one that stole my Pop Rock Oreo's idea haha :p.

Speaking of which, Trader Joe's pop rock fudge stripes cookie is back. :)
  • leanitup123
    3nnduml7dbkr.jpg

Who is this "Josh" ??

We need a pop rocks Halo Top haha
  • leanitup123
    glassyo wrote: »
    I had a split second thought that @leanitup123 *is* Josh.

:o