New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    ic7acvjjb419.jpg

I'm not sure if these are new but I noticed these at Target and couldn't resist. 120 calories for 2 so not bad, but very disappointing! The icing was nice and sweet but the dough was dry and lacked any flavor. Even the microwave couldn't save them. Definitely not that sweet and moist cake I had expected like the Starbucks cake pop. Man I hope Starbucks releases a red velvet cake pop one day...
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    2j4x3si.jpg
    These are alright. Kind of just taste like cinnamon, but there is a slight pumpkin flavor.

2rep5bq.jpg
    Vanilla Chai:
    Super yummy. Has a perfect chai flavor.
    Lemon Ricotta:
    I find this one to be DELICIOUS. The flavor is creamy and lemony.
    Apple Rosemary:
    I really hoped I would like it so I wouldn't have to throw out the packets, but nope. Gross. Sounds like something I would love in a sandwich, but not in my morning oatmeal.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Today I basically had an ice cream haul kind of day

Weis: Finally found the So Delicious Cashew Milk Snickerdoodle & bought Weis Brand Root Beer & Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip.

Wal-Mart: Went to a Wal-Mart I normally don't & finally found the Ben & Jerry's Confetti Cake (exclusive Wal-Mart flavor) & if it's good I'm hoping my nearest Super Center gets it in stock. I also bought Blue Bunny's Red Velvet flavor.

Grocery Outlet: Bought two of the Edy's Red Velvet in the 100 calorie version.

Giant: Left it at work a few days ago but I bought three more Talenti Egg Nog
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Wow, Kodiak sounds like a pretty awesome company.

Confetti cake is only for Wal Marts, right? :disappointed:
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    c27j3had7gdo.jpg
    Not new product related, but has anyone else gotten this in the mail? Kodiak cakes randomly sent me my favorite flavor (dark chocolate) of their mix with a $25 gift card to backcountry (whatever that is). First of all, the company never notified me and I never told them what my favorite mix was. Second, I only buy their mix from Target, I never gave them my address and since I don't order it online I have no clue how they knew it. Third, I went to their Facebook and several others received this same surprise but with their favorite Kodiak Cakes product!!! I'm so confused but so happy o.o
    OMG what a great company. How on earth did they get your address though?? lol
  • hgycta
    Options
    c27j3had7gdo.jpg
    Not new product related, but has anyone else gotten this in the mail? Kodiak cakes randomly sent me my favorite flavor (dark chocolate) of their mix with a $25 gift card to backcountry (whatever that is). First of all, the company never notified me and I never told them what my favorite mix was. Second, I only buy their mix from Target, I never gave them my address and since I don't order it online I have no clue how they knew it. Third, I went to their Facebook and several others received this same surprise but with their favorite Kodiak Cakes product!!! I'm so confused but so happy o.o
    OMG what a great company. How on earth did they get your address though?? lol

Honestly I have NO IDEA. Kind of weird, just goes to show companies must know a lot more about us than we think! XD
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

Yeah this flavor is only exclusive to Wal-Mart.
  • hgycta
    Options

Wait that's actually a thing??? I don't think I've even seen Kodiak Cakes in my Walmart Dx
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    Dear McDonald's,
    I would happily give up Shamrock Shakes in January for Holiday Pies in the Philadelphia area today.
    Love and Kisses,
    Wendy

I second that! (Montgomery county)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Wait that's actually a thing??? I don't think I've even seen Kodiak Cakes in my Walmart Dx

Sorry she meant the Ben & Jerry's pint Confetti Cake.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    confetti-cake-detail.png

Holy snikes this is so worth the calories! I repeat SO WORTH THE CALORIES!!!!!!!!

I love this so much more than their Cake My Day flavor because it doesn't have the raspberry swirl. The flavor definitely has an ice cream cake feel with vanilla cake pieces & sprinkles through the pint. My local Super Center better get their butts in motion & get this flavor in pronto :p:D.

That looks devilish
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    I love Freschetta and I love this

img-products-artisan-crust-chickenvegetable.jpg
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    So I just had my first two Kirkland brand protein bars. Mah gawd...bye Quest and Mission One!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    So I just had my first two Kirkland brand protein bars. Mah gawd...bye Quest and Mission One!

Right? For the price, there's just no way I can justify Quest everyday anymore.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options

Speaking of Warehouse store brand protein bars... has anyone had and liked the Sam's Club versions, I believe they are called Premier Protein Bar. We are getting a Sam's Club membership from my parents for Christmas. Sadly, there is not a Costco that is reasonably close to be to justify a membership.
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »

Speaking of Warehouse store brand protein bars... has anyone had and liked the Sam's Club versions, I believe they are called Premier Protein Bar. We are getting a Sam's Club membership from my parents for Christmas. Sadly, there is not a Costco that is reasonably close to be to justify a membership.

Sorry, I'm just a lurker, but I've tried them and I do like them occasionally. I don't have much to compare them to but they are quite sweet tasting and not bad at all for the price.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    http://www.onsecondscoop.com/2016/12/discussion-time-is-mainstream-ice-cream.html

This is an interesting discussion.

I'm in the middle that I mostly stick to Turkey Hill, Edy's, Ben & Jerry's, & Haagen Dazs, & Talenti when it comes to semi-premium brands. For the most part I only buy these brands when they're on sale for $1.99-$4.99 (Talenti seasonal flavors are usually around $4.99). I've also bought Giant & Weis store brands before since it seems to be around the quality of Turkey Hill.

Very rarely I'll buy Halo Top (Giant usually has it for $5.99) or Gelato Fiasco (it ranges from $5.49-$6.99). Gelato Fiasco's too caramel flavors Giant carries is seriously two of the best flavors I've ever ate in my life. Cause of the price tag, a worker in the dairy section, said not many people buy it, so I don't look for Giant to carry it for much longer.

If I'm in a certain town I'll usually check out Grocery Outlet first since they have these brands (minus the Halo Top, Talenti, & Gelato Fiasco) for cheap & often have discontinued ice creams until they sell out.

The only expensive ice cream I bought was Jeni's for $12.00 a pint & I found only two flavors I tried were worth that price tag. I also bought the pints around that whole listeria scare. Would I buy from that brand again? Probably only if I have a bonus.

The Little G ice cream someone posted also looks really good, but that one like I said a few posts back was around $14.00 a pint. I guess I could see maybe splurging once in awhile, but with that kind of price tag it's not something you would want to eat everyday.

I could also see why buying ice cream online is viable for some if they don't have any of these premium brands in a close distance to drive. If Giant doesn't ever get the new flavors of Halo Top I might splurge one day & buy a few of the new ones to try.