New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Private selection from Kroger is top tier ice cream.

Honestly, I stick to Turkey hill most of the time.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    So I just had my first two Kirkland brand protein bars. Mah gawd...bye Quest and Mission One!

Speaking of Warehouse store brand protein bars... has anyone had and liked the Sam's Club versions, I believe they are called Premier Protein Bar. We are getting a Sam's Club membership from my parents for Christmas. Sadly, there is not a Costco that is reasonably close to be to justify a membership.

Sorry, I'm just a lurker, but I've tried them and I do like them occasionally. I don't have much to compare them to but they are quite sweet tasting and not bad at all for the price.

Thanks! @ivygirl1937
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    http://www.onsecondscoop.com/2016/12/discussion-time-is-mainstream-ice-cream.html

This is an interesting discussion.

I'm in the middle that I mostly stick to Turkey Hill, Edy's, Ben & Jerry's, & Haagen Dazs, & Talenti when it comes to semi-premium brands. For the most part I only buy these brands when they're on sale for $1.99-$4.99 (Talenti seasonal flavors are usually around $4.99). I've also bought Giant & Weis store brands before since it seems to be around the quality of Turkey Hill.

Very rarely I'll buy Halo Top (Giant usually has it for $5.99) or Gelato Fiasco (it ranges from $5.49-$6.99). Gelato Fiasco's too caramel flavors Giant carries is seriously two of the best flavors I've ever ate in my life. Cause of the price tag, a worker in the dairy section, said not many people buy it, so I don't look for Giant to carry it for much longer.

If I'm in a certain town I'll usually check out Grocery Outlet first since they have these brands (minus the Halo Top, Talenti, & Gelato Fiasco) for cheap & often have discontinued ice creams until they sell out.

The only expensive ice cream I bought was Jeni's for $12.00 a pint & I found only two flavors I tried were worth that price tag. I also bought the pints around that whole listeria scare. Would I buy from that brand again? Probably only if I have a bonus.

The Little G ice cream someone posted also looks really good, but that one like I said a few posts back was around $14.00 a pint. I guess I could see maybe splurging once in awhile, but with that kind of price tag it's not something you would want to eat everyday.

I could also see why buying ice cream online is viable for some if they don't have any of these premium brands in a close distance to drive. If Giant doesn't ever get the new flavors of Halo Top I might splurge one day & buy a few of the new ones to try.

Honestly I don't buy ice cream these days. But most people have no problem with the fact that Haagen Dazs or Ben & Jerry have a lot of calories... My main issue really is the lack of original flavors. I'm surprised he doesn't mention Edy's/Dreyer's though, I do like those.

For what it's worth, I've never bought any of the $6+ a pint ice creams.

Speaking of Halo Top, Shop Rite amuses me. They now carry all the old flavors (mocha chocolate chip, birthday cake too), but apparently missed the memo on the new ones.

Honestly for me at this point, if I want amazing ice cream, I'll just go to the local farm market. 3 pints for $6 and it's some of the best ice cream I've ever had.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @CooCooPuff I don't know if you've found out yet or not, but I live in Dallas, and I remember getting the McDonald's custard pie a few years ago here, so I'm pretty sure Texas has them
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    http://www.onsecondscoop.com/2016/12/discussion-time-is-mainstream-ice-cream.html

I'm in the middle that I mostly stick to Turkey Hill, Edy's, Ben & Jerry's, & Haagen Dazs, & Talenti when it comes to semi-premium brands. For the most part I only buy these brands when they're on sale for $1.99-$4.99 (Talenti seasonal flavors are usually around $4.99). I've also bought Giant & Weis store brands before since it seems to be around the quality of Turkey Hill.

Very rarely I'll buy Halo Top (Giant usually has it for $5.99) or Gelato Fiasco (it ranges from $5.49-$6.99). Gelato Fiasco's too caramel flavors Giant carries is seriously two of the best flavors I've ever ate in my life. Cause of the price tag, a worker in the dairy section, said not many people buy it, so I don't look for Giant to carry it for much longer.

If I'm in a certain town I'll usually check out Grocery Outlet first since they have these brands (minus the Halo Top, Talenti, & Gelato Fiasco) for cheap & often have discontinued ice creams until they sell out.

The only expensive ice cream I bought was Jeni's for $12.00 a pint & I found only two flavors I tried were worth that price tag. I also bought the pints around that whole listeria scare. Would I buy from that brand again? Probably only if I have a bonus.

The Little G ice cream someone posted also looks really good, but that one like I said a few posts back was around $14.00 a pint. I guess I could see maybe splurging once in awhile, but with that kind of price tag it's not something you would want to eat everyday.

I could also see why buying ice cream online is viable for some if they don't have any of these premium brands in a close distance to drive. If Giant doesn't ever get the new flavors of Halo Top I might splurge one day & buy a few of the new ones to try.

Honestly I don't buy ice cream these days. But most people have no problem with the fact that Haagen Dazs or Ben & Jerry have a lot of calories... My main issue really is the lack of original flavors. I'm surprised he doesn't mention Edy's/Dreyer's though, I do like those.

Speaking of Halo Top, Shop Rite amuses me. They now carry all the old flavors (mocha chocolate chip, birthday cake too), but apparently missed the memo on the new ones.

Honestly for me at this point, if I want amazing ice cream, I'll just go to the local farm market. 3 pints for $6 and it's some of the best ice cream I've ever had.

I agree with what you've mentioned about ice cream from your local farm market; there's a creamery near me called Broom's Bloom and they sell some of the best ice cream I've ever had! I recently discovered another one called The Charmery which sells amazing flavors, too. The problem with these are that they don't have nutritional information! When you log ice cream from your local farm market, how do you track it? As a similar Ben & Jerry's flavor or what? This is what's stumped me mostly. Other than that, it's so many calories I'd never finish a pint and that's 90% of the reason I buy the other brands like Halo Top, Enlightened, Arctic Zero (and the no sugar added/slow churned Turkey Hill/Edy's when they're on sale).
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »
    @CooCooPuff I don't know if you've found out yet or not, but I live in Dallas, and I remember getting the McDonald's custard pie a few years ago here, so I'm pretty sure Texas has them
    I'm hitting up a mall food court later. I'll check it out.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

I agree with what you've mentioned about ice cream from your local farm market; there's a creamery near me called Broom's Bloom and they sell some of the best ice cream I've ever had! I recently discovered another one called The Charmery which sells amazing flavors, too. The problem with these are that they don't have nutritional information! When you log ice cream from your local farm market, how do you track it? As a similar Ben & Jerry's flavor or what? This is what's stumped me mostly. Other than that, it's so many calories I'd never finish a pint and that's 90% of the reason I buy the other brands like Halo Top, Enlightened, Arctic Zero (and the no sugar added/slow churned Turkey Hill/Edy's when they're on sale).

Did you see Wal-Mart has the Cold Stone Creamery Hot Chocolate mixes? I didn't purchase any, but I'm not a huge hot chocolate fan.
  • hgycta
    Options

Did you see Wal-Mart has the Cold Stone Creamery Hot Chocolate mixes? I didn't purchase any, but I'm not a huge hot chocolate fan.

I tried both and hated them. The peanut butter flavor was way too subtle for me to taste and both mixes just tasted artificial and horrible. The birthday cake remix was the better of the two in my opinion, but either way I'm never buying them again there's so much better out there.

I did notice, however, Kodiak Cake's pumpkin dark chocolate minute muffins are on Amazon for $15 (free shipping) for 12 of them! I just ordered some since I haven't been able to find them anywhere, I can't wait! I feel like they've been in my wish list forever so I'm definitely happy to try them.

I recall someone earlier mentioning Eat Me Guilt Free. Each day on Facebook they've been posting coupon codes for around 20% off different products... I might end up splurging on a sample pack. Are they really that good though? I'm spoiled with Simply Scrumptious right now, which seems like more for less calories and they're SUPER sweet! Kind of nervous to spend even more on this other company to be disappointed, but in the spirit of the holidays and sales I might do it... if anyone here gets them what do you recommend? Brownies? Cake bites? The mix and just do it myself?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

I tried both and hated them. The peanut butter flavor was way too subtle for me to taste and both mixes just tasted artificial and horrible. The birthday cake remix was the better of the two in my opinion, but either way I'm never buying them again there's so much better out there.

I did notice, however, Kodiak Cake's pumpkin dark chocolate minute muffins are on Amazon for $15 (free shipping) for 12 of them! I just ordered some since I haven't been able to find them anywhere, I can't wait! I feel like they've been in my wish list forever so I'm definitely happy to try them.

I recall someone earlier mentioning Eat Me Guilt Free. Each day on Facebook they've been posting coupon codes for around 20% off different products... I might end up splurging on a sample pack. Are they really that good though? I'm spoiled with Simply Scrumptious right now, which seems like more for less calories and they're SUPER sweet! Kind of nervous to spend even more on this other company to be disappointed, but in the spirit of the holidays and sales I might do it... if anyone here gets them what do you recommend? Brownies? Cake bites? The mix and just do it myself?

I've only had the blondies and they were like a 3/10. Not worth the calories at all. Simply scrumptious and the other ones I had were WAY better. Haven't tried the other products though.
  • hgycta
    Options

I've only had the blondies and they were like a 3/10. Not worth the calories at all. Simply scrumptious and the other ones I had were WAY better. Haven't tried the other products though.

Darn it I should've come here first then... I ended up ordering a box of 12 (6 chocolate brownie and 6 blondies) for $34.80 after shipping and using a 20% off coupon.
    Oh well, here's to hoping I like it more than I think I will!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Awesome. Love all the free bars offers!

Now I hope the bars are actually tasty, lol.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Tried cinnamon roll quest cereal bar: I would probably buy these if were cheaper occasionally, pretty good I really enjoyed it but didn't think it was AMAZING. Like others said, reminds me of those cereal bars I ate as a kid. (The cinnamon roll reminds me of cinnamon toast crunch cereal bars haha). Kind of tastes like these other bars I had savi bars but they were caramel pretzel and vanilla. Taste exactly like them. 61SKNCcmd2L._SY355_.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options

Darn it I should've come here first then... I ended up ordering a box of 12 (6 chocolate brownie and 6 blondies) for $34.80 after shipping and using a 20% off coupon.
    Oh well, here's to hoping I like it more than I think I will!

Let me know! I froze mine when they first came and then dethawed each time I ate, maybe they would of been better fresh. Also was back in the day when I had old formula quest bars so nothin tasted good compared to those babies lol ;)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    31640540631_76fc2ed547_z.jpg?resize=506%2C640&ssl=1
    If I see these in store I will be buying to try. I am a sucker for cereal.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options

Awesome. Love all the free bars offers!

Now I hope the bars are actually tasty, lol.

Ordered! Never heard of them, but if it's free, it's for me!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Welcome guys :smile: I'll keep posting if I see more samples lol. I love anything free. Especially protein bars because I probably wouldn't go out of my way to actually spend money to try many of these lol, here is another http://bsn.votigo.com/fbsweeps/sweeps/Syntha6-Protein-Crisp-Sample
  • hgycta
    Options
    Welcome guys :smile: I'll keep posting if I see more samples lol. I love anything free. Especially protein bars because I probably wouldn't go out of my way to actually spend money to try many of these lol, here is another http://bsn.votigo.com/fbsweeps/sweeps/Syntha6-Protein-Crisp-Sample

You're amazing!!! How do you find these???