New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    They're revamped for this year apparently. I hope I see them soon.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    5pf6on8ahzju.jpeg
    The box is does kind of look like it's lit from the heavens. IMO.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Anyone know whats going on with GNC? http://www.gnc.com/home/index.jsp says they closing all stores then reopening. Figured someone on here would have the inside scoop. *cough* josh *cough* :p

OMG those cake bites. I actually have an amazon GC I got for xmas so Im ordering them now.
  • professormango
    professormango Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    has anyone tried Halo Top ice cream? 240cal for the entire pint and it's packed with protein. I was really surprised that it did not taste like garbage. I found it in Luckys Market but not sure else where it's available.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Anyone know whats going on with GNC? http://www.gnc.com/home/index.jsp says they closing all stores then reopening. Figured someone on here would have the inside scoop. *cough* josh *cough* :p

OMG those cake bites. I actually have an amazon GC I got for xmas so Im ordering them now.

What I know is that they're making all prices online and in stores the same, and their membership will be free with a rewards system. GNC workers told me that prices should be lowered overall.
    Also, I participate in GNC Live Well surveys, and free membership was a topic this past summer. Perhaps my response and others' responses gave them enough reason to decide to go forth with their new, free membership program?
    has anyone tried Halo Top ice cream? 240cal for the entire pint and it's packed with protein. I was really surprised that it did not taste like garbage. I found it in Luckys Market but not sure else where it's available.

Idk where you live, but Publix sells Halo Top ice cream, but it's in their "special" freezer section.
    Also, Halo Top is a pretty popular and much loved item here on MFP.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

If you search this thread there are pages upon pages of reviews :smiley:

Ohhh @neldabg that makes sense. I always thought it was stupid to charge membership and was one of the reasons I rarely shop there. I always shop at vitacost/ebay or other online retailers that are way cheaper.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Dang, I hope this means I actually want to shop at GNC. The idea of paying for shipping or buying something I've never tried in bulk always turned me off. Sure, samples for protein powders exist, but not much for solid foods outside of the links @Noreenmarie1234 has been kind enough to post.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    czai418tyci3.jpg
    4j22es6hclg9.jpg
    mugduuy16frc.jpg

Why are there so many carbs in this :'(
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    czai418tyci3.jpg
    4j22es6hclg9.jpg
    mugduuy16frc.jpg

Why are there so many carbs in this :'(

Sugar alcohol/fiber

Still too much for me. Maybe if I do that ultra in August I'll buy them to TKD the race lol
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    The Kit Kat Red Velvet are freaking amazing! I bought three bags & might have to buy more.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    fyd30yexz1qi.jpg
    cn7filqa04k4.jpg
    Not sure how well you can read it but got this in the mail yesterday from GNC. Mixed feelings about the new program.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options

Oh, Professor, Halo Top should be paying us as much as we hype up their product on this thread. :smile:

You may also want to try Enlightened ice cream if you can find it: it's more calories (100 cal./0.5 cup), but it has 9 g. protein, 6 g. sugar, and 5 g. fiber per serving, and the Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Crunch flavor is to die for.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    czai418tyci3.jpg
    4j22es6hclg9.jpg
    mugduuy16frc.jpg

These seem good, but I'm good on food for a long time again.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited December 2016
    Options
    What is your top five food finds this year?

1. Ben & Jerry's Confetti Cake ice cream (limited batch to Wal-Mart)
    2. Kit Kat Red Velvet (might be exclusive just to Wal-Mart for Valentine's)
    3. Halo Top Birthday Cake (blows any of the Arctic Zero flavors out of the water & might have to splurge one day & order some of the others on Halo Top's website)
    4. Fruity Crisp Oreos
    5. Opti & OhYeah protein bars

Most interesting thing I ate this year:

That would probably be the Ramen burger from Red Robin that had the bun that was made out of ramen noodles.

Foods I wish will come back in 2017:

chipsahoyICC-rBeer-01.png

Blue Bunny's Holidoodle ice cream

Dunkaroos (a girl can dream right?)

Oreo cereal

Cotton Candy Oreos (only found one pack & then poof couldn't find anymore)
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options

Love this @kellyjellybellyjelly!

Top five food finds this year:
    1. HT (Whole Foods still doesn't have the new flavors)
    2. Zone Perfect bars
    3. Oatmega bars
    4. LÄRABAR
    5. All the Fiber One snack goodies that help me reach my fiber goal every day!

Most interesting thing I ate this year:
    The grilled octopus salad from NiDo Caffe in North Miami, Florida. I've had a lot of octopus over my lifetime, but this dish is pretty perfect; I could eat it for breakfast, lunch & dinner. The Maple Bacon from the Salty Donut in Wynwood (Miami) is a close second.

Foods I wish will come back in 2017:
    I just wish I could trust Blue Bell ice cream again . . . I miss it so much!

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    What is your top five food finds this year?

1. Halo Top Vanilla Bean
    2. Milka Oreo Big Crunch
    3. Cauliflower Fried Rice
    4. Good Thins, The Chickpea One
    5. Quest Blueberry Muffin bars