New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Anyone know whats going on with GNC? http://www.gnc.com/home/index.jsp says they closing all stores then reopening. Figured someone on here would have the inside scoop. *cough* josh *cough* :p

OMG those cake bites. I actually have an amazon GC I got for xmas so Im ordering them now.

Yay! Let me know what you think! I have been hesitating to purchase. LOL
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    8acnek0qppot.jpeg

Caption this (not new... Just posting to make y'all jealous) :smiley:

To love HT Vanilla Bean is to love yourself! :smile:

HT is now sold at select Costcos (in bulk) as well :)

What????? How did I not know this?? What flavor? Just the Vanilla? You, sir, are a fount of information!!!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    What is your top five food finds this year?

1. Halo Top Vanilla Bean
    2. Milka Oreo Big Crunch
    3. Cauliflower Fried Rice
    4. Good Thins, The Chickpea One
    5. Quest Blueberry Muffin bars

Warm up a Blueberry Muffin QB and top it with some ff strawberry cream cheese. Yum!

That sounds crazy decadent and awesome. I <3 cream cheese!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I hope Holidoodle comes back next year. Was the recall the only reason it wasn't able to?
    MiamiSeoul wrote: »
    Foods I wish will come back in 2017:
    I just wish I could trust Blue Bell ice cream again . . . I miss it so much!
    I bought a pint as soon as a flavor I wanted came out. As aggressive as the recall was, I'd imagine they'd be more cautious to avoid another.

• cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I tried all 3 last night.

The quinoa blend was flavorful. Nice balance with tomatoes + feta. 170 cals/serving (2 servings in pic). Not worth the cals IMO.

The brussels were charred. Good flavor for the most part but kind of tasted like they had been cooked with natural gas (hard to explain). 30 cals/serving (3.5 srvngs in pic).

The roasted carrots were yummy (I was on the only one that thought so in our house). They were firm. Not soggy or watery or mushy. Add a little sauce for flavor (since they do not come with sauce) and you have a perfect side! 30 cals / serving (3.5 srngs in pic).

All in all. Thumbs up!ym42gqrl10gc.jpg
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Aren't vegetables roasted in the oven anyway? What's the idea behind Green Giant preroasted vegetables.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options

besee_2000 wrote: »
    fyd30yexz1qi.jpg
    cn7filqa04k4.jpg
    Not sure how well you can read it but got this in the mail yesterday from GNC. Mixed feelings about the new program.

I also received this, but it had $15 on the card o.o Were you a gold card member? Perhaps gold card members got an extra $5 if not, but otherwise perhaps the rates were random? I went today and a lot of the employees seemed confused about the new program, I signed up for the free one and it was like 3pm and the employee told me I was his first customer signing up (it's a GNC in the mall so I thought they'd be a lot busier)! I can't see myself paying close to $40 for the subscription based one, I don't go to GNC nearly enough since I spread out purchases among retailers depending who has the best price :p
    What is your top five food finds this year?

1. Ben & Jerry's Confetti Cake ice cream (limited batch to Wal-Mart)
    2. Kit Kat Red Velvet (might be exclusive just to Wal-Mart for Valentine's)
    3. Halo Top Birthday Cake (blows any of the Arctic Zero flavors out of the water & might have to splurge one day & order some of the others on Halo Top's website)
    4. Fruity Crisp Oreos
    5. Opti & OhYeah protein bars

Most interesting thing I ate this year:

That would probably be the Ramen burger from Red Robin that had the bun that was made out of ramen noodles.

Foods I wish will come back in 2017:

chipsahoyICC-rBeer-01.png

Blue Bunny's Holidoodle ice cream

Dunkaroos (a girl can dream right?)

Oreo cereal

Cotton Candy Oreos (only found one pack & then poof couldn't find anymore)

Oh you make me want to try those new Red Velvet Kit Kats, I really hope I can find them!!! As for the dunkaroos, I have three sitting in my room that's been there for quite some time. Really not as good as I remember and I bet if you had them you wouldn't eat them as often as you think you would, there's a lot of better products here in the US honestly :') If you really insist on getting them, I got mine off eBay! What I would LOVE to see come back are Oreo O's, those things cost a lot more on eBay than the Dunkaroos!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    besee_2000 wrote: »
    fyd30yexz1qi.jpg
    cn7filqa04k4.jpg
    Not sure how well you can read it but got this in the mail yesterday from GNC. Mixed feelings about the new program.

On the GNC website as we speak... Seems like they are modeling Vitamin Shoppe's platform. Free shipping on orders, etc. Prices are about the same as most other places now. $25.00 for a box of Quest Bars (when they used to be $35.00). We'll see how they're able to compete with Amazon and other retailers.

love it, ill be signing up to get the free 10 card lol
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Aren't vegetables roasted in the oven anyway? What's the idea behind Green Giant preroasted vegetables.

lol i know maybe you can microwave them too?
  • ClarityPeace
    ClarityPeace Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Amy's Mexican Tamale Pies so good when I don't have time to make a meal (170 calories for entire pie!)

Ingredients: (VEGAN) FILTERED WATER, ORGANIC PINTO BEANS, ORGANIC TOMATO PUREE, ORGANIC CORN, ORGANIC ZUCCHINI, ORGANIC ONIONS, ORGANIC CORNMEAL, ORGANIC SWEET RICE FLOUR, EXPELLER PRESSED HIGH OLEIC SAFFLOWER AND/OR SUNFLOWER OIL, ORGANIC CILANTRO, SEA SALT, SPICES, ORGANIC GARLIC.
    Nutritional Facts
    Serving Size: 1 Pie (227g)
    Servings Per Container: 1
    Serving Weight: 1 Pie (227g)

Calories: 170 Calories from Fat: 30

Total Fat: 4.5g

Saturated Fat: 0g

Trans Fat: 0g

Cholesterol: 0mg

Sodium: 590mg

Carbohydrates: 27g

Fiber: 4g

Sugars: 2g

Protein: 5g

Vitamin A: 6% • Vitamin C: 6%

Calcium: 4% • Iron: 10%
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    geuay327mpq6.jpg

I was originally really nervous about splurging on one of these cinnamon smart cakes in my recent netrition.com order but I decided to risk becoming obsessed.
    it doesn't come close to the simply scrumptous cinnamon coffee cake! I mean, it's not bad it's pretty sweet and I enjoyed it, but it was very dry cake and the cinnamon made it only more dry in my mouth. I microwaved one and didn't really notice a difference. Definitely not getting more, but I also ordered a coconut and chocolate flavor >~> loved the cute cups they were in!

I still have the chocolate one in my freezer. How long did you mic for? I did like 15 seconds. I thought was really good I mean didn't have high expectations for 38 calorie cake haha. I found the coconut ones were much better cold than heated.
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

lol i know maybe you can microwave them too?

Yes - they're in a steamable bag. Microwave 5-7 mins only. It usually takes me ~20+ mins to heat oven and peel, chop, slice etc and then cook. It's a nice alternative but will never compare to freshly roasted veggies.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    omg guys I'm so excited. I found a store near me that has all the HT flavors! I got Sea Salt Caramel for tonight! I don't remember if anyone's reviewed that one, so if y'all want me to, just let me know :)