New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I had the red velvet B Up yesterday and am just glad I didn't pay
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Tried rocky road quest bar. Was pretty good. I've never had rocky road ice cream but I really liked this bar. I liked how it was kinda hard. I know a lot of people didn't like how they were so hard before the formula change but I really liked that about the old bars, haha. Im not a fan of the "softer" texture they now have.

Tasted like the chocolate brownie flavor with a bit of almond in it. I would maybe buy again on occasion. It did not have the sickly sweet aftertaste that most of the bars have now. (Or maybe I am just slowly getting used to it LOL) The only thing I would like would be if this bar had chocolate chips in it.

I am not a fan of mint but out of their chocolate flavors I think I like it as much as current formula double chocolate chunk (maybe slightly less) and double chocolate is my top chocolate flavor. Definitely better than the plain chocolate brownie.

Have you tried the Kirkland bars? Pretty sure Quest sold Costco the recipe for their old formula haha

I haven't we don't have costcos around here :( Maybe I could find some on ebay.

Update: Oh I found on ebay and amazon but they are crazy expensive, even moreso than quest bars because I never pay full price for quest bars I always get when they have deals and stock up so I end up paying <16 a box. Wish kirkland had samples, I am going to ask them LOL.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @MiamiSeoul & @Noreenmarie1234
    I can't find where to get a code or form for the free samples of B Up bars. I've tried going back a few pages on this thread because I swear one of you posted it. Any ideas of where I might find it or just email the company?
    Thanks in advance! Happy New Year!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Whoever mentioned Enlightened oatmeal caramel cookie crunch... I picked it up after reading the reviews and it was definitely totally worth it.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Whoever mentioned Enlightened oatmeal caramel cookie crunch... I picked it up after reading the reviews and it was definitely totally worth it.

Which flavor didn't you like? Because the oatmeal caramel is my favorite but if you liked that one you should also give the Frozen Hot Cocoa and the Triple Chocolate a chance! The sea salt caramel tastes really artificial and if that was previously your only exposure it's no wonder you were reluctant! The peanut butter chocolate chip is kind of boring, the mint is decent, and the cookie dough is really good but not nearly as much goIng on in that pint as the first three!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Thanks to whoever it was that pisted the free B Up bars offer! i liked them so much that i went to GNC today to try a few more of their flavors! I decided on getting the cookie dough & PB&J varieties. Reviews to come...
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Tried my last new Fit Joy bar tonight: iced Gingerbread cookie. Probably my least favorite of the ones I've tried because the ginger is very very dominant in this bar! The first couple bites were pleasant, but it quickly became overwhelming for me :p
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    @MiamiSeoul & @Noreenmarie1234
    I can't find where to get a code or form for the free samples of B Up bars. I've tried going back a few pages on this thread because I swear one of you posted it. Any ideas of where I might find it or just email the company?
    Thanks in advance! Happy New Year!

http://www.freebupbar.com/ there you go :smile:
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    So tonight I tried Buff Bakes white chocolate peanut protein spread. Let me preface my review with the fact that I was HYPED on trying this product but instead of buying the flavour I was drawn to (birthday cake and cookie) I bought white chocolate on the advice of the staff at the GNC equivalent. They claim the birthday cake has gotten overwhelmingly bad feedback. On to my experience...

Boooooo :( . It was VERY chalky in its consistency and had a super distinct whey flavour while having no distinguishable white chocolate notes. I doubt I would venture to try any other flavours given how expensive/what a flop the product was. Very disappointing since the macros were right on the money for me
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @Noreenmarie1234
    THANK YOU! You are so kind! I really appreciate it! <3
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Free Jif cinnamon or maple spread if you have a food lion around you. https://www.foodlion.com/coupons/

I got the cinnamon and it was pretty good. Nothing amazing though. I prefer pb&co cinnamon raisin by FAR.

I tried the oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough quest bar and it was VERY good. I actually think there new bars are a lot better than their reformulated old bars now. Had a nice cinnamon taste to it. Not very chocolate but definitely tasted like an oatmeal cookie. I would buy again.....they are growing on me again.
  • SeagalDeeDee
    SeagalDeeDee Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    almaseed shakes.gluten free,yummy,loving these
  • jayme23
    jayme23 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the new Campbell's Well Yes soups? They were shown on impulsive buy http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2016/12/28/spotted-on-shelves-campbells-well-yes-soup/

They look tempting!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Free Jif cinnamon or maple spread if you have a food lion around you. https://www.foodlion.com/coupons/

I got the cinnamon and it was pretty good. Nothing amazing though. I prefer pb&co cinnamon raisin by FAR.

I tried the oatmeal chocolate chip cookie dough quest bar and it was VERY good. I actually think there new bars are a lot better than their reformulated old bars now. Had a nice cinnamon taste to it. Not very chocolate but definitely tasted like an oatmeal cookie. I would buy again.....they are growing on me again.

Yay! Glad you enjoyed (the Quest Nutrition ambassador in me is happy). I have to say that the OCC's texture resembles the original formula. The CCCD could use some tweaking in reagrds to taste/texture, but overall I like where Quest is going.

Also, with the original formula I could easily eat 5 (or more) in one sitting - no joke! But with the new-recipe bars, I feel satisfied after just one. Have you noticed this too, @Noreenmarie1234 ???

YESSSS! Maybe it is a blessing in disguise because I can no longer eat so many at once lol. I used to eat 4-5 a day one after another but now I can only eat 2. Sometimes 3 if I am super hungry but usually I am satisfied after one or two. I think it must be the new fiber. It feels "heavier" in the stomach. I agree the CCCD is still not as good as original recipe and needs tweaking but the other new flavors I have to say are quite good and I am loving the texture of them. Cinnamon roll still needs tweaking too. I miss the real almonds chunks in it and it is too soft with too much of an artificial texture (used to be my second favorite). I am actually pretty happy that I am liking the new flavors because I was not liking any of the other bars I've tried as much. They were good... but just not something I wanted to eat every day. (fitjoy, rob irvine, combat, etc)
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Those Campbell soups looks interesting- but I wish i knew the macros- esp. the sodium- have to watch out for it.
    Also do any of you like the vitatops(dark chocolate) is yummy