New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    qkpfzlai88sy.jpg

New branding; new products for No Cow! (aka D's Naturals)

Ooo I wonder how the cookies are. The bars are the worst bars I've ever had. I gagged on the taste and texture lol.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited September 2017
    Options
    ewyv6e1nd8yb.jpg
    qplw3xw61dol.jpg
    sakcoqkt6bbx.jpg
    f45dp3wtxp8j.jpg
    icqog7rdweer.jpg

Omg want to try the nugo and smash bars!! What stores?
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    qkpfzlai88sy.jpg

New branding; new products for No Cow! (aka D's Naturals)

Ooo I wonder how the cookies are. The bars are the worst bars I've ever had. I gagged on the taste and texture lol.

lol I agree about bars. I had their lemon bar and I thought it was ok, but then I tried raspberry and I threw it out after one bite. Never again. But I'm willing to try the cookie.
  • arya8
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I had to travel a little out of my way for a doctor's appointment today which brought me to a Shoprite I don't normally shop at, so I checked for new Halo Top flavors.
    They finally had some (although their selection was very limited and I only found two of the new flavors).
    While they had the one I was most excited to try, unfortunately, one of the flavors they had (of course) was my least favorite, green tea mochi. I love mochi, I hate green tea. Reviews said it didn't taste like green tea so I said heck with it and threw it in my cart. The other was the pancakes & waffle, which I just noticed you all gave poor reviews on so I'll try it tomorrow but I'm pretty optimistic since I'm obsessed with pancakes.

Green tea mochi:
    Probably because my hatred for green tea is so strong I do notice the green tea flavor at first, but it's very subtle and my taste buds are confused and picking up more of what tastes like lime? The more I eat it, the more it definitely tastes like Dannon's light & fit artificial key lime greek yogurt and the less I taste the tea. The mochi is a fun addition.
    I didn't throw out the pint like I expected I would, but it's not something I would get again (OK, I would, but not nearly as often as the other flavors) since I'm not a huge lime person and the green tea flavor is in the back of my mind. Still, it was sweet enough to satisfy my sweet tooth and I'm impressed. Impressed and so indecisive about how I feel. Finishing a pint of what I thought I'd vomit over is a great start for these new flavors as far as I'm concerned! Just wish the exotic flavor they would have brought about was taro or purple ube/purple yam, but beggars can't be choosers. At least it wasn't chai.
    spodxyl25m56.jpg

8ztogbhygydx.jpg

I'm glad you didn't hate it! :D I loved pancakes and waffles!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    BTW: Quest Nutrition is reformulating their bars again to remove palm oil). They sent me some to try - will post ASAP.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited September 2017
    Options
    BTW: Quest Nutrition is reformulating their bars again to remove palm oil). They sent me some to try - will post ASAP.

Omg really!?? Did they say why? Cant wait to hear!!! I Hope they taste more like old formula bars. I miss those. I don't really eat them anymore.

These are finally on shelves... they seem dangerous I LOVE cookie butter Limited-Edition-Cookie-Butter-Oreo-Cookies.jpg?resize=599%2C414&ssl=1
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

omg really!?? cant wait to hear!!!

These are finally on shelves... they seem dangerous I LOVE cookie butter Limited-Edition-Cookie-Butter-Oreo-Cookies.jpg?resize=599%2C414&ssl=1

Noreen these are amazing! The cookie has a graham taste and the icing has the gritty texture of cookie butter. Found at Giant.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options

omg really!?? cant wait to hear!!!

Noreen these are amazing! The cookie has a graham taste and the icing has the gritty texture of cookie butter. Found at Giant.

Thank you, going to check there this weekend I must have these.... I am a SUCKER for anything with a graham cracker taste and cookie butter is my favorite so pair the two together and..... I will probably eat the whole box at once LOL!
  • pancakerunner
    Options

ozyb6oginytg.jpg

6swsoevzvlsg.jpg

Updated macros. Expect the reformulated bars to hit store shelves soon.
  • pancakerunner
    Options

Omg really!?? Did they say why? Cant wait to hear!!! I Hope they taste more like old formula bars. I miss those. I don't really eat them anymore.

See my latest post for the new nutrition :)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options

ozyb6oginytg.jpg

6swsoevzvlsg.jpg

Updated macros. Expect the reformulated bars to hit store shelves soon.

Do they taste any differently from the old ones?
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    arya8 wrote: »
    I had to travel a little out of my way for a doctor's appointment today which brought me to a Shoprite I don't normally shop at, so I checked for new Halo Top flavors.
    They finally had some (although their selection was very limited and I only found two of the new flavors).
    While they had the one I was most excited to try, unfortunately, one of the flavors they had (of course) was my least favorite, green tea mochi. I love mochi, I hate green tea. Reviews said it didn't taste like green tea so I said heck with it and threw it in my cart. The other was the pancakes & waffle, which I just noticed you all gave poor reviews on so I'll try it tomorrow but I'm pretty optimistic since I'm obsessed with pancakes.

Green tea mochi:
    Probably because my hatred for green tea is so strong I do notice the green tea flavor at first, but it's very subtle and my taste buds are confused and picking up more of what tastes like lime? The more I eat it, the more it definitely tastes like Dannon's light & fit artificial key lime greek yogurt and the less I taste the tea. The mochi is a fun addition.
    I didn't throw out the pint like I expected I would, but it's not something I would get again (OK, I would, but not nearly as often as the other flavors) since I'm not a huge lime person and the green tea flavor is in the back of my mind. Still, it was sweet enough to satisfy my sweet tooth and I'm impressed. Impressed and so indecisive about how I feel. Finishing a pint of what I thought I'd vomit over is a great start for these new flavors as far as I'm concerned! Just wish the exotic flavor they would have brought about was taro or purple ube/purple yam, but beggars can't be choosers. At least it wasn't chai.
    spodxyl25m56.jpg

8ztogbhygydx.jpg

I tried pancakes and waffles and it tastes like alcohol to me! It was like bourbon ice cream to me....which isn't necessarily a bad thing haha. I also tried cinnamon roll last night and THAT ONE IS on point!!! Might be my new favorite flavor. Also noticed those pints not being as rock hard as the original flavors. I didn't even have to let them sit out.
  • arya8
    Options

Green tea mochi:
    spodxyl25m56.jpg

8ztogbhygydx.jpg

I tried pancakes and waffles and it tastes like alcohol to me! It was like bourbon ice cream to me....which isn't necessarily a bad thing haha. I also tried cinnamon roll last night and THAT ONE IS on point!!! Might be my new favorite flavor. Also noticed those pints not being as rock hard as the original flavors. I didn't even have to let them sit out.

haha I hated cinnamon roll! Husband had to eat it. It proves that you just have to try it for yourself.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Green tea mochi:
    spodxyl25m56.jpg

8ztogbhygydx.jpg

Oh gosh, I really should start trusting some of you more. I LOVE pancakes but I agree, this pancakes & waffle pint has some serious aftertaste going on. I don't drink alcohol too much so I can't tell if it would be similar to bourbon ice cream, but I can definitely say that they used too much stevia (I've tried making lower calorie desserts and have this same off-putting bitter flavor when I use too much powdered stevia extract). I never once thought in a million years I'd end up liking the green tea mochi flavor more than their pancakes & waffle flavor! Honestly though I probably won't get either one again. Much higher hopes for the caramel macchiato, candy bar, pumpkin pie, and cinnamon roll flavors! So glad I desperately paid $5 for this one pint before it went on sale since I would have ended up being stuck with at least 5 of these assuming I'd love it.
    If nothing else, as you've mentioned, at least they aced the texture! No thawing at all and it was perfect consistency to eat - that's a first!
    llndia0cksvc.jpg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,615 Member
    Options
    So my local Target doesn't have the cookie butter oreos in yet but they did have the count chocula treats (of which I bought 6 boxes) and a box of the quest blueberry muffin protein bars. They also had the candy bar halo top but I couldn't buy that since I still had to come back to work. :)
  • pancakerunner
    Options

Green tea mochi:
    spodxyl25m56.jpg

8ztogbhygydx.jpg

Oh gosh, I really should start trusting some of you more. I LOVE pancakes but I agree, this pancakes & waffle pint has some serious aftertaste going on. I don't drink alcohol too much so I can't tell if it would be similar to bourbon ice cream, but I can definitely say that they used too much stevia (I've tried making lower calorie desserts and have this same off-putting bitter flavor when I use too much powdered stevia extract). I never once thought in a million years I'd end up liking the green tea mochi flavor more than their pancakes & waffle flavor! Honestly though I probably won't get either one again. Much higher hopes for the caramel macchiato, candy bar, pumpkin pie, and cinnamon roll flavors! So glad I desperately paid $5 for this one pint before it went on sale since I would have ended up being stuck with at least 5 of these assuming I'd love it.
    If nothing else, as you've mentioned, at least they aced the texture! No thawing at all and it was perfect consistency to eat - that's a first!
    llndia0cksvc.jpg

The caramel macchiato flavor also has a very strong artificial aftertaste and lacks any hint of caramel swirl. Be warned.
  • hgycta
    Options

Green tea mochi:
    spodxyl25m56.jpg

8ztogbhygydx.jpg

llndia0cksvc.jpg

The caramel macchiato flavor also has a very strong artificial aftertaste and lacks any hint of caramel swirl. Be warned.

I appreciate that, I'll be sure to only buy one then until I try it first XD but so many people complain about the salted caramel and cookies & cream flavor which are my two favorites so I'm determined to try them all at least once still just to try. My parents went out of town and stopped by a shoprite and just for the sake of it I made them check the selection of Halo Top and they didn't have the new flavors there either! This will be a much longer process than I hoped, Maryland retailers needs to step up its game because Halo Top flies off the shelves - I know I'm not the only one obsessed!!!
  • pancakerunner
    Options

Green tea mochi:
    spodxyl25m56.jpg

8ztogbhygydx.jpg

llndia0cksvc.jpg

I appreciate that, I'll be sure to only buy one then until I try it first XD but so many people complain about the salted caramel and cookies & cream flavor which are my two favorites so I'm determined to try them all at least once still just to try. My parents went out of town and stopped by a shoprite and just for the sake of it I made them check the selection of Halo Top and they didn't have the new flavors there either! This will be a much longer process than I hoped, Maryland retailers needs to step up its game because Halo Top flies off the shelves - I know I'm not the only one obsessed!!!

Do you have Fresh Thyme in Maryland?
  • hgycta
    edited September 2017
    Options

Green tea mochi:
    spodxyl25m56.jpg

8ztogbhygydx.jpg

llndia0cksvc.jpg

Do you have Fresh Thyme in Maryland?

Never heard of it :( I have Shoprite, Walmart, Target, Safeway, Giant, and Wegmans. Or at least, that's all I really ever go to. I'm sure Wegmans will have it so if I don't see anything soon I'll make a special trip!