New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Went to Target today. It was semi-horrifying because they had all of their Valentines Day stuff up (it's January SECOND for the love of god) anyway I thought of you guys because all of the Christmas candy was 70% off. Sugar cookie flavored Peeps, candy cane Hershey's kisses, peppermint bark dark chocolate bells, etc. Just an FYI if anyone loves those things.
    I glanced at the V Day candy, nothing new looking to me but lots of caramel stuff and strawberry creme Lindor truffles but maybe those aren't new.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    kt6vvz0ubmp6.jpeg
    Found this on The Consumerist. I'm really excited about the carrot & ginger one!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    Went to Target today. It was semi-horrifying because they had all of their Valentines Day stuff up (it's January SECOND for the love of god) anyway I thought of you guys because all of the Christmas candy was 70% off. Sugar cookie flavored Peeps, candy cane Hershey's kisses, peppermint bark dark chocolate bells, etc. Just an FYI if anyone loves those things.
    I glanced at the V Day candy, nothing new looking to me but lots of caramel stuff and strawberry creme Lindor truffles but maybe those aren't new.

Eh I went on the 26th and they had almost no candy left at my Target already :(
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Eh I went on the 26th and they had almost no candy left at my Target already :(
    I got a box of mini Ritter Sport variety and my sister got two bags of chocolate covered Lays. HEB and Krogers were largely barren, but I did score a box of sugar cookie Pop Tarts.

I love the packaging on Souplicity.

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    sarahbums wrote: »
    Finally picked up a pint of Arctic Zero "ice cream". I got the brownie flavor and it was......disappointing.

I went in expecting a sorta Ben & Jerry's Half-Baked situation and got tasteless ice with mouse turd-esque brownie bits. Yikes.

Awwwww, I liked the Arctic Zero Brownie Blast.

Your first problem, tho, was thinking it was going to be *anything* like Ben & Jerrys. :p
  • CooCooPuff
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Finally picked up a pint of Arctic Zero "ice cream". I got the brownie flavor and it was......disappointing.

I went in expecting a sorta Ben & Jerry's Half-Baked situation and got tasteless ice with mouse turd-esque brownie bits. Yikes.
    Look for Halo Top or stick to a serving of ice cream.

The only flavor I'd say isn't a complete waste of 4.98 is their cookie dough flavor. Admittedly, I picked up a pint of a no longer available flavor, chocolatey chip, at the 99cent Store yesterday. It doesn't expire until this year and was cheap enough.

Enlightened also has good reviews. I don't see it anywhere near me, but people here have liked it.
  • CooCooPuff
    edited January 2017
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »

Look for Halo Top or stick to a serving of ice cream.

The only flavor I'd say isn't a complete waste of 4.98 is their cookie dough flavor. Admittedly, I picked up a pint of a no longer available flavor, chocolatey chip, at the 99cent Store yesterday. It doesn't expire until this year and was cheap enough.
    Okay, on this pint.

I don't understand why AZ retired this flavor. This base has an actual, nice vanilla flavor that goes well with the chips. Seriously, why doesn't cookie dough have this base?

I'm really sad this is the only pint I'll ever get of it. I would gladly say it would be worth 4.98.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Your first problem, tho, was thinking it was going to be *anything* like Ben & Jerrys. :p

I found the base tasteless, but the mix ins were good... which pretty much sums up my opinion on Artic Zero.

I do like Enlightened but really, most of them just taste too artificial to me.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Turkey Hill is really nice man

Kroger Private Selections is good if you live near one
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options

LOL I was in Target today too and not only did I notice Valentine's Day candy... I SAW EASTER CANDY!!! My store had Cadbury creme easter eggs, Reese's easter eggs, and so much more! Also noticed the red velvet kit kats but they were like $3.50 so as much as I want to try them I'm trying to wait until I can get a better deal since I wasn't so good with my money this past week spending it all on food items and more of Halo Top's new flavors since I'm obsessed with the cookie dough, cookies & cream, and salted caramel ;)

I found the base tasteless, but the mix ins were good... which pretty much sums up my opinion on Artic Zero.

IMO Kemps, Blue Bunny, TurkeyHill and Breyer's are the best ice creams out there...

Several years ago Turkey Hill had a Baklava Greek Frozen Yogurt flavor, did you ever get a chance to try that? It still breaks my heart they ever discontinued it...
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options

As much as I like chocolate (and I like it A LOT), when I ate ice cream, it was very rarely chocolate. I was surprised that I liked the Arctic Zero Brownie Blast but, with the new line, it's definitely the mix ins that make them better than they were.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I finally found the vanilla and chocolate flavor of halo top in a pub-lix near me- I really loved the chocolate- hope they get some more flavors in soon- I am really jealous of you guys that get all the delicious flavors. i also want to try Enlightened since i hear so much about it. I do love Turkey hill and Edy's light ice cream.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Vanilla Ice Cream is the best plain vanilla I've ever had. Hand's down.
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Deleted - duplicate comment / pic