New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    FINALLY found Arctic Zero's Rocky Road! But shucks I've been having the worst experiences recently with ice cream I might have to go on a break from trying all these new flavors and go back to my safe ones. Arctic Zero's rocky road is that stereotypical bland, flavorless ice pint and the almonds just get in the way of the few marshmallows that are literally the only thing I look forward to in the pint (and even they're not that great). As I was finishing the pint I was sort of appreciating the darker chocolate aspect and was imagining it as sorbet, but once I finished I realized what actually happened: I reduced my expectations dramatically. 1/5, don't waste $5 or 300 calories on this. How can their Peanut Butter Swirl pints be SO GOOD like peanut butter fudge and polish water ice had a baby and this one be SO BAD like someone tried making ice cream out snow that's been on the ground for a week?
    ru5t1fxgcn3w.jpg

I would NEVER choose AZ over Halo Top or Enlightened lol
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    FINALLY found Arctic Zero's Rocky Road! But shucks I've been having the worst experiences recently with ice cream I might have to go on a break from trying all these new flavors and go back to my safe ones. Arctic Zero's rocky road is that stereotypical bland, flavorless ice pint and the almonds just get in the way of the few marshmallows that are literally the only thing I look forward to in the pint (and even they're not that great). As I was finishing the pint I was sort of appreciating the darker chocolate aspect and was imagining it as sorbet, but once I finished I realized what actually happened: I reduced my expectations dramatically. 1/5, don't waste $5 or 300 calories on this. How can their Peanut Butter Swirl pints be SO GOOD like peanut butter fudge and polish water ice had a baby and this one be SO BAD like someone tried making ice cream out snow that's been on the ground for a week?
    ru5t1fxgcn3w.jpg

Honestly I think Arctic Zero should rebrand to focus more on fruit flavors like lemon, lime, etc. to compete with sorbet and Italian ice. They do have a pomegranate and strawberry already, both of which are actually okay if you look at them from an Italian ice perspective.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    ru5t1fxgcn3w.jpg

Honestly I think Arctic Zero should rebrand to focus more on fruit flavors like lemon, lime, etc. to compete with sorbet and Italian ice. They do have a pomegranate and strawberry already, both of which are actually okay if you look at them from an Italian ice perspective.

Hahahaha I would normally agree with this except Arctic Zero's Peanut Butter Swirl is honestly REALLY good and has a stronger peanut butter flavor than Halo Top. It's about the same as Enlightened's peanut butter chocolate chip pint (but 100 less calories), but not as good as Enlightened's chocolate peanut butter pint which has CHUNKS upon CHUNKS of peanut butter (still, it has that aspect of polish water ice which I sometimes long for since I can only find it on the boardwalk in Ocean City). I think Arctic Zero should try to reproduce TLC's polish water ice which is a little creamier than sorbet/italian ice - I think they could do really well! They'd just have to get rid of 90% of their flavors including some of those fruit flavors you've mentioned, which even from an italian ice perspective is still pretty awful (especially for $5). I think they could pull off Cotton Candy if they tried though, since this is a rather popular flavor among icy treats. Grape also seems to be underrepresented among frozen desserts, but I've never been that crazy about it.
    But yeah, as far as just about every other flavors go for ice cream you just can't get better than Enlightened and Halo Top. I could never work at either company, I'd consume way too much product!
  • pancakerunner
    edited September 2017
    Options
    ru5t1fxgcn3w.jpg

Hahahaha I would normally agree with this except Arctic Zero's Peanut Butter Swirl is honestly REALLY good and has a stronger peanut butter flavor than Halo Top. It's about the same as Enlightened's peanut butter chocolate chip pint (but 100 less calories), but not as good as Enlightened's chocolate peanut butter pint which has CHUNKS upon CHUNKS of peanut butter (still, it has that aspect of polish water ice which I sometimes long for since I can only find it on the boardwalk in Ocean City). I think Arctic Zero should try to reproduce TLC's polish water ice which is a little creamier than sorbet/italian ice - I think they could do really well! They'd just have to get rid of 90% of their flavors including some of those fruit flavors you've mentioned, which even from an italian ice perspective is still pretty awful (especially for $5). I think they could pull off Cotton Candy if they tried though, since this is a rather popular flavor among icy treats. Grape also seems to be underrepresented among frozen desserts, but I've never been that crazy about it.
    But yeah, as far as just about every other flavors go for ice cream you just can't get better than Enlightened and Halo Top. I could never work at either company, I'd consume way too much product!

Blue Raspberry would be good too! AZ, take notes.
  • emilyallen873
    emilyallen873 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just have to say halo tops new mochi green tea flavor is amazing! Possibly my favorite ice cream flavor and not just because its low cal. Can't wait to try more!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Tried these and 2/10, will not buy again and am in no rush to finish off the box. Only 120 calories per pack contains two 60 calorie mini "brownies". Did not taste like caramel at ALL so I was very disapointed. It had a very weird bitter artificial taste that reminded me of equal sweetener which I cannot stand. Clif brownie zbars are sooooo much better I guess I was envisioning them to taste like those but with some nice caramel in the middle. The caramel was not detectable nor did it taste anything like caramel. s-l225.jpg

They make an organic version of these now? I used to LOVE the Non-GMO Project Certified ones before I went gluten free.

But you're right on that the caramel isn't really like caramel. I compare these to more of a chocolate-y Fig Newton vs an actual brownie.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »

Dunkin' Donuts beat them by about a month on that flavor, I'm sort of curious how Starbucks' version will compare. I've noticed a lot of Starbucks' newer flavors are either incredibly subtle or taste like something other than what they advertise, so I'm not letting my expectations get too high on this one. Especially since the person reviewing it in that post said it tasted good with their almondmilk (which I personally find disgusting and artificial tasting).

I really need to start hanging out at Dunks more often. Starbucks used to have another nutty specialty latte...I wish I could remember what it was...that wasn't that great.

I tried the International Delights Pumpkin Pie Spice creamer in my coffee this morning and I thought with a little sugar it would totally satisfy any PSL craving I had.

Chestnut praline latte? I remember trying it when Maryland was a test market for it and I didn't care for it, way too subtle. When they rolled it out nationally the year after that I tried it again and it was still way too subtle. :/

Yep, that was it!
  • hgycta
    Options

Dunkin' Donuts beat them by about a month on that flavor, I'm sort of curious how Starbucks' version will compare. I've noticed a lot of Starbucks' newer flavors are either incredibly subtle or taste like something other than what they advertise, so I'm not letting my expectations get too high on this one. Especially since the person reviewing it in that post said it tasted good with their almondmilk (which I personally find disgusting and artificial tasting).

I really need to start hanging out at Dunks more often. Starbucks used to have another nutty specialty latte...I wish I could remember what it was...that wasn't that great.

I tried the International Delights Pumpkin Pie Spice creamer in my coffee this morning and I thought with a little sugar it would totally satisfy any PSL craving I had.

Chestnut praline latte? I remember trying it when Maryland was a test market for it and I didn't care for it, way too subtle. When they rolled it out nationally the year after that I tried it again and it was still way too subtle. :/

Yep, that was it!

So I looked on Facebook and it seems like a lot of people are saying the Maple Pecan Latte at Starbucks isn't that good, another overly subtle beverage that most people seem to say Dunkin' executed better. That being said, I had two ladies come through my work drinking it and said it was fantastic :p
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    threec wrote: »
    Pumpkin Spice Greek yogurt

Where?
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    I make my own pumpkin spice yogurt 200g plain Greek yogurt, 1 splenda packet or .50oz of honey, ground cinnamon, and pumpkin spice (mcormick) so good and add 14g of mini chocolate chips!! Chobani also makes one

Fage 0% + sugar free white chocolate pudding mix + canned pumpkin + splenda + pumpkin spice + walden farms pancake syrup
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    I make my own pumpkin spice yogurt 200g plain Greek yogurt, 1 splenda packet or .50oz of honey, ground cinnamon, and pumpkin spice (mcormick) so good and add 14g of mini chocolate chips!! Chobani also makes one

Fage 0% + sugar free white chocolate pudding mix + canned pumpkin + splenda + pumpkin spice + walden farms pancake syrup

What us that a recipe to? I'll skip the pudding and pancake syrup but may try the Canned pumpkin
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Found Talenti Pumpkin Pie gelato at Walmart! I can't remember the last time I tried that flavor.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Some ice cream flavors that I've been eyeing for a few months:
    rv98pnp43773.jpg
    Vice Cream Afternoon Delight - vanilla ice cream with chocolate chip cookie dough, chocolate sea salt caramel truffles, salted caramel ripple, and fudge ripple. This one's really good! The combination of the mix-ins and the swirls works well with the vanilla base.

Vice Cream Bourbon Mash- vanilla with chocolate rocks and bourbon caramel swirl. This was decent but not as successful. Might've worked better if the ice cream itself were bourbon flavored instead of just a bourbon swirl.

New Orleans Creole Cream cheese - Not good at all. I was hoping for a cream cheese frosting type flavor, but unfortunately this just tasted like frozen cream cheese.
  • hgycta
    Options
    Found the 4 pack of Halo Top's birthday cake pints at BJ's! The $2.50 off coupon in the book they mailed m e made it a really good deal, but nothing I'll go out of my way for since Shoprite is closer. The price at BJ's for the 4 pack was $11.99 and the price for the same thing is also $11.99 at Shoprite. Didn't expect them to have it cheaper since that's such a great deal either way! Just wish they would have a variety pack, it's not as fun stocking up on the same flavor I get bored way too quick! I need a variety pack with lemon, cookies & cream, sea salt caramel, and strawberry ;)
  • hgycta
    edited September 2017
    Options
    *drools*
    fdbwo6ed2rbb.png

i1k1abvooum7.png
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    gallery-1501783206-delish-halo-top-pancakes-waffles.jpg

Huge disappointment. One bite and all I could taste was a very strong artificial flavor. $5 straight to the trash. Never again.

Agree! Was so excited for the flavor even though I don't care for Halo Top as it is but this was horribly chemical tasting to me
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I finally found Enlightened pints at one of our local health food stores. They are 6.49! But they had them on sale for 40% off so I got three pints. Strawberry cheesecake had a huge hole in it, so obviously it got defrosted sometime and it tasted like it. I'm disappointed. 6xsukosfbqsk.jpg
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    arya8 wrote: »
    I finally found Enlightened pints at one of our local health food stores. They are 6.49! But they had them on sale for 40% off so I got three pints. Strawberry cheesecake had a huge hole in it, so obviously it got defrosted sometime and it tasted like it. I'm disappointed. 6xsukosfbqsk.jpg

If you ever get a chance to try Enlightened's Sea Salt Caramel pint... do it. SO GOOD >>>