New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    sarahbums wrote: »
    Finally picked up a pint of Arctic Zero "ice cream". I got the brownie flavor and it was......disappointing.

I went in expecting a sorta Ben & Jerry's Half-Baked situation and got tasteless ice with mouse turd-esque brownie bits. Yikes.

Awwwww, I liked the Arctic Zero Brownie Blast.

Your first problem, tho, was thinking it was going to be *anything* like Ben & Jerrys. :p

I found the base tasteless, but the mix ins were good... which pretty much sums up my opinion on Artic Zero.

I do like Enlightened but really, most of them just taste too artificial to me.

IMO Kemps, Blue Bunny, TurkeyHill and Breyer's are the best ice creams out there...

Most of Breyers flavors are sad. I like Turkey Hill, Edy's, Ben & Jerry's, Talenti, Haagen Dazs, and Gelato Fiasco.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    joans1976 wrote: »
    Went to Target today. It was semi-horrifying because they had all of their Valentines Day stuff up (it's January SECOND for the love of god) anyway I thought of you guys because all of the Christmas candy was 70% off. Sugar cookie flavored Peeps, candy cane Hershey's kisses, peppermint bark dark chocolate bells, etc. Just an FYI if anyone loves those things.
    I glanced at the V Day candy, nothing new looking to me but lots of caramel stuff and strawberry creme Lindor truffles but maybe those aren't new.

LOL I was in Target today too and not only did I notice Valentine's Day candy... I SAW EASTER CANDY!!! My store had Cadbury creme easter eggs, Reese's easter eggs, and so much more! Also noticed the red velvet kit kats but they were like $3.50 so as much as I want to try them I'm trying to wait until I can get a better deal since I wasn't so good with my money this past week spending it all on food items and more of Halo Top's new flavors since I'm obsessed with the cookie dough, cookies & cream, and salted

The target I went to had candy cane Hershey's and peppermint bark bells up the wazoo! I paid $1.07 for a bag of the bells. The other stuff was just a few bags of random whatever. I think I maybe spied Cadbury eggs but my brain was on overload with holiday...everything in my face. 4 holidays at once. Aaaaaaggggh!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    fzwqikk1qbk3.jpeg
    I finally bought a bag of this at work and love it! It's basically a mixture of powdered coconut milk, red palm oil, and marine algae calcium with a little coconut sugar. I had to add a little extra stevia to my coffee (not enough coconut sugar in it for my taste,) but it made my coffee super creamy and didn't float to the top of my cup like a lot of bulletproof coffee mixes do.

mkat25wtc77l.jpeg
    I made this into a "hot chocolate" sort of drink by mixing it with hot water and topping it with a dollop of coconut cream after my workout tonight and really enjoyed it! The protein in this is mostly collagen and gelatin protein, so it dissolves seamlessly in water (stirs in with a spoon no problem - no clumping issues!) and it gives it a really smooth and creamy mouthfeel.

ipylu0dt8sw9.jpeg
    I know that the reviews on these have been mixed, but I liked this a lot more than I was expecting to. It really did remind me of those General Mills cereal&milk bars that you used to be able to buy. You can taste the artificial sweeteners, as well as a bit of that "protein powder" flavor, but it reminded me of an Oreo cookie drizzled with yogurt icing. I dunked mine in raw milk.

xmiaddff0iko.jpeg
    Compared to the free samples that I got from them (which were really good,) I found this flavor to be kind of "meh". It didn't taste bad per se, but neither the peanut butter nor the jelly flavored really stood out, and the whole bar came across as kind of muddled. It was also really hard compared to the nice, soft ones that I got in the mail. Then again, I did buy them at the GNC in our local mall, and they were shoved into a bottom shelf. Maybe they were old or something. In any case, I probably won't buy this flavor again.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    fzwqikk1qbk3.jpeg
    I finally bought a bag of this at work and love it! It's basically a mixture of powdered coconut milk, red palm oil, and marine algae calcium with a little coconut sugar. I had to add a little extra stevia to my coffee (not enough coconut sugar in it for my taste,) but it made my coffee super creamy and didn't float to the top of my cup like a lot of bulletproof coffee mixes do.

I'm serious about my coffee, that creamer is going on my list!

• oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    fzwqikk1qbk3.jpeg

mkat25wtc77l.jpeg
    I made this into a "hot chocolate" sort of drink by mixing it with hot water and topping it with a dollop of coconut cream after my workout tonight and really enjoyed it! The protein in this is mostly collagen and gelatin protein, so it dissolves seamlessly in water (stirs in with a spoon no problem - no clumping issues!) and it gives it a really smooth and creamy mouthfeel.

ipylu0dt8sw9.jpeg
    I know that the reviews on these have been mixed, but I liked this a lot more than I was expecting to. It really did remind me of those General Mills cereal&milk bars that you used to be able to buy. You can taste the artificial sweeteners, as well as a bit of that "protein powder" flavor, but it reminded me of an Oreo cookie drizzled with yogurt icing. I dunked mine in raw milk.

xmiaddff0iko.jpeg
    Compared to the free samples that I got from them (which were really good,) I found this flavor to be kind of "meh". It didn't taste bad per se, but neither the peanut butter nor the jelly flavored really stood out, and the whole bar came across as kind of muddled. It was also really hard compared to the nice, soft ones that I got in the mail. Then again, I did buy them at the GNC in our local mall, and they were shoved into a bottom shelf. Maybe they were old or something. In any case, I probably won't buy this flavor again.

May I just say your kung fu is very good--I hadn't heard of any of this (except B-Up)! The bone broth protein looks interesting.
  • Ratherbeswimming73
    Options
    Fibre One 90 calorie Lemon Drizzle Squares are absolutely delicious.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT EVERYONE!!!!
    1.) I went to Dunkin' Donuts website to look at nutritional information for coffee, and noticed TWO NEW FLAVORS. Fudge brownie swirl and vanilla cupcake swirl!!! I don't know why I'm so happy, perhaps because I've never seen these here before and I have higher expectations right now than I should.
    2.) IHOP brought back their endless pancakes, so I went to their nutritional information too and noticed a Red Velvet Cheesecake pancake option, although this isn't on their website underneath "Pancakes" on the menu...

I can't wait until these things are announced publicly and I can get my hands on them >~>

Quite sure that Ihop doesn't update their nutrition info often so they keep old limited edition items on there.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT EVERYONE!!!!
    1.) I went to Dunkin' Donuts website to look at nutritional information for coffee, and noticed TWO NEW FLAVORS. Fudge brownie swirl and vanilla cupcake swirl!!! I don't know why I'm so happy, perhaps because I've never seen these here before and I have higher expectations right now than I should.
    2.) IHOP brought back their endless pancakes, so I went to their nutritional information too and noticed a Red Velvet Cheesecake pancake option, although this isn't on their website underneath "Pancakes" on the menu...

I can't wait until these things are announced publicly and I can get my hands on them >~>

I would also LOVE to try the new coffee flavors, but my heart is still broken from McDonald's not having their holiday pie in my area, so I'm figuring that Dunkin' Donuts will only offer these flavors in Alaska or something. Still, one can hope. :smile:
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I remember DD sold ground coffee bags of vanilla cupcake.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    yes - i saw the fudge brownie swirl and vanilla cupcake swirl at DD in Boston this past weekend!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    My guess is Dunkin will be releasing those flavors since they're sort of similar to the pop tart flavors they released, but who knows! I was hoping for a red velvet for Valentine's Day but I remember back in the day when they tried and it wasn't really that great :p

I've also been dying to try this at Target and it was finally on sale with their Christmas stuff for about a dollar so I picked up a bag. I actually really enjoy it and will be returning to pick up whatever is left!
    2u7h84bsafad.jpg

I also tried this because it was in the same section and I didn't know a Packet was $2.50. It didn't taste anything like salted caramel, just had that weird pea protein taste to it I didn't like and not much else. But then again, I don't normally consume pea protein powder so perhaps it's an acquired taste. It did blend up nice and thick like Quest though so I did enjoy that if nothing else!
    ay67jsxiwsoo.jpg
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    2ugdqqa.jpg

Don't know if these are new, but I recently discovered them and I have always found Belvita biscuits to be delicious, and these are no exception. The whole grain just tastes so yummy with the berry. They have a chocolate flavor that I bought yesterday that I'm also excited to try.
  • jattardi
    jattardi Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered Epic Bars and Halo Top Ice Cream. Both are really good and pretty low-cal.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »

I used to buy this regularly before I started getting raw milk. It's fairly good. I like it better than Silk almond or cashew milks, since it seems creamier and closer to real milk in taste and texture. I'd compare it to 2% milk.

It still doesn't hold a candle to Ripple
    milk, though (also at Target). God, that stuff is AMAZING.

Edited to add: Has anyone tried this yet? I saw this at GNC when I bought the B Up bars and thought that it looked pretty interesting.
    6xo1uz3s6pew.jpeg