New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited August 2017
    Cracker Barrel released their new fall items today and those pumpkin pancakes are calling my name! I just discovered how delicious Cracker Barrel is several months ago and I've only been three times, has anyone tried these pumpkin pancakes if they've been around before? I would go out today but I can't find their nutritional information anywhere and quite honestly I don't trust myself around them unless I'm holding myself accountable for every bite XD
    xthz4zjp46o1.png

I'm also looking forward to trying Dunkin's new maple pecan Cold Brew that came out today, too! I have all these things saved on my phone haha
    hla38wm0g0if.png
  • JenniferOBX14
    JenniferOBX14 Posts: 62 Member
    lgspi4vd5aeu.jpg
    ag3drkeuetkr.jpg

The Cadbury hard eggs are my absolute favorite at Easter...now they have fall ones.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Walmart has the Keebler Pumpkin Fudge Stripes cookies on an end cap. Found the Special K cereal that has Ginger clusters in it that was released last year at Target. For those that have Grocery Outlets they have ON protein powder in Pumpkin Pie flavor for around $14.99, Buff Bake cookies in the regular cookie aisle for $.50 a cookie, and still have the Power Bar boxes for 4.99 for 15 bars. Aldis I spotted Pumpkin Flax granola.

Looked at Walmart for the new Halo Top flavors, but still not in yet.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    hgycta wrote: »
    Cracker Barrel released their new fall items today and those pumpkin pancakes are calling my name! I just discovered how delicious Cracker Barrel is several months ago and I've only been three times, has anyone tried these pumpkin pancakes if they've been around before? I would go out today but I can't find their nutritional information anywhere and quite honestly I don't trust myself around them unless I'm holding myself accountable for every bite XD
    xthz4zjp46o1.png

I'm also looking forward to trying Dunkin's new maple pecan Cold Brew that came out today, too! I have all these things saved on my phone haha
    hla38wm0g0if.png

Pretty sure Cracker Barrel doesn't post their nutrition info.
  • hgycta
    edited August 2017
    xthz4zjp46o1.png

hla38wm0g0if.png

That's what I thought too which is one reason I always avoided trying it, but several months ago when I went I checked their website and it was all there in a pdf! Just not these seasonal items -.-
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    xthz4zjp46o1.png

hla38wm0g0if.png

They have to now that the law about chains passed, I think. Honestly I've only gone once and I ended up with huge intestinal/stomach issues, so I haven't gone back since.. lol.

But yeah, finding nutrition info for seasonal items is always difficult.
  • JenniferOBX14
    JenniferOBX14 Posts: 62 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    xthz4zjp46o1.png

hla38wm0g0if.png

They have to now that the law about chains passed, I think. Honestly I've only gone once and I ended up with huge intestinal/stomach issues, so I haven't gone back since.. lol.

But yeah, finding nutrition info for seasonal items is always difficult.

I won't go to Cracker Barrel either. Went around last thanksgiving when traveling and the burger my 4 year old 1/2 ate was raw and just lightly browned on the outside. We didn't notice till she was done eating. Who undercooks a kids meal?
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    @hgycta Heres the info on the new law! I thought it might be interesting to post. I'm glad this has become a new law.
    According to the FDA:

"In addition, covered establishments will also be required to post a statement on menus and menu boards about the availability of such additional written nutrition information. To be covered, an establishment must be a restaurant or similar retail food establishment, as defined in the final rule. In addition, such establishment must: (1) be part of a chain of 20 or more locations, (2) doing business under the same name, (3) offering for sale substantially the same menu items."

Examples of restaurant-type foods that are covered when sold by a facility that is part of a chain with 20 or more locations include:

Meals from sit-down restaurants
    Foods purchased at drive-through windows
    Take-out food, such as pizza
    Foods, such as made-to-order sandwiches, ordered from a menu or menu board at a grocery store or delicatessen
    Foods you serve yourself from a salad or hot food bar
    Muffins at a bakery or coffee shop
    Popcorn purchased at a movie theater or amusement park
    A scoop of ice cream, milk shake or sundae from an ice cream store
    Hot dogs or frozen drinks prepared on site in a convenience or warehouse store
    Certain alcoholic beverages

Does cracker barrel have enough locations?
  • hgycta
    edited August 2017
    katadx wrote: »
    @hgycta Heres the info on the new law! I thought it might be interesting to post. I'm glad this has become a new law.
    According to the FDA:

"In addition, covered establishments will also be required to post a statement on menus and menu boards about the availability of such additional written nutrition information. To be covered, an establishment must be a restaurant or similar retail food establishment, as defined in the final rule. In addition, such establishment must: (1) be part of a chain of 20 or more locations, (2) doing business under the same name, (3) offering for sale substantially the same menu items."

Examples of restaurant-type foods that are covered when sold by a facility that is part of a chain with 20 or more locations include:

Foods, such as made-to-order sandwiches, ordered from a menu or menu board at a grocery store or delicatessen

WOW thank you for that information, I've always been curious about the law and heard mixed things!!! When did it go into effect anyways? When I contacted Shoprite about the calories in their fudge they said they had it available but due to a delay in the FDA passing this law they had some time still before they had to publish it publicly...

I'm sure Cracker Barrel has well more than 20 locations, they're just about on every stop whenever I take road trips!
    If you go to their menu there's a link to their Nutrition Guide, it's just killing me waiting for the seasonal foods to be added to it so I wasn't sure if these pancakes were out last year if someone happened to know how many calories they were or not (or even if they're delicious enough to waste my time on).
  • Sp1tfire
    katadx wrote: »
    According to the FDA:

WOW thank you for that information, I've always been curious about the law and heard mixed things!!! When did it go into effect anyways? When I contacted Shoprite about the calories in their fudge they said they had it available but due to a delay in the FDA passing this law they had some time still before they had to publish it publicly...

I'm sure Cracker Barrel has well more than 20 locations, they're just about on every stop whenever I take road trips!
    If you go to their menu there's a link to their Nutrition Guide, it's just killing me waiting for the seasonal foods to be added to it so I wasn't sure if these pancakes were out last year if someone happened to know how many calories they were or not (or even if they're delicious enough to waste my time on).

The FDA's website says that they uploaded the article may 4th, so I assume then?
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,300 Member
    I picked this up the other day at the dollar store, for$1 !It's 100cal for 1/2 cup. It's pretty good, they have different flavors
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,300 Member
    It's official, Whole Foods now belongs to Amazon. They lowered the prices at the stores. Their chicken sausages are so good. They're in the fresh meat section, & they have all kinds of flavors.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Evamutt wrote: »
    It's official, Whole Foods now belongs to Amazon. They lowered the prices at the stores. Their chicken sausages are so good. They're in the fresh meat section, & they have all kinds of flavors.

Only on a few staples I thought?
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    This is delish!! Just found at Big Y (CT) tonight. I hate kettle corn, but this I like! Definitely can taste butter, then vanilla cake, then the frosting & SPRINKLES! 3jruokizrjm1.jpg
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    v3yf1xpkbqw8.jpg

Mermaid Songs & Unicorn Kisses seltzers go well with Popfetti! There was a Yeti flavor & a dragon one, too I think
  • Sp1tfire
    CTcutie wrote: »
    v3yf1xpkbqw8.jpg

Mermaid Songs & Unicorn Kisses seltzers go well with Popfetti! There was a Yeti flavor & a dragon one, too I think

I need to find the dragon whispers one near me!!
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Yeah these are awesome!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    @hgycta since you live in MD do you have Giant Eagle close by? On Impulsive Buy someone found the Pancake & Waffle flavor there.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    CTcutie wrote: »
    This is delish!! Just found at Big Y (CT) tonight. I hate kettle corn, but this I like! Definitely can taste butter, then vanilla cake, then the frosting & SPRINKLES! 3jruokizrjm1.jpg

I remember seeing this and wanted to try than you for review!!! YUM I will have to buy if I find.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Lensi brand pastas made from a variety of legumes. YEAH!