New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Finally found another pint of Enlightened oatmeal caramel cookie crunch and it was my breakfast this morning... it was relatively filling but I just couldn't help tasting that artificial aftertaste. I'm really not sure I'll even bother trying the new flavors... it's just nowhere as satisfying as Halo Top for the calories because of it (I remember it with all the other flavors I've tried too). Although obviously it's happened with two pints of Halo Top so far too...

Do you guys really not taste it or it just doesn't matter to you? Just curious, lol. I do have that issue with light and fit yogurts too.

I really don't notice an aftertaste with Enlightened. Maybe I'm in denial...
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    Finally found another pint of Enlightened oatmeal caramel cookie crunch and it was my breakfast this morning... it was relatively filling but I just couldn't help tasting that artificial aftertaste. I'm really not sure I'll even bother trying the new flavors... it's just nowhere as satisfying as Halo Top for the calories because of it (I remember it with all the other flavors I've tried too). Although obviously it's happened with two pints of Halo Top so far too...

Do you guys really not taste it or it just doesn't matter to you? Just curious, lol. I do have that issue with light and fit yogurts too.

Honestly I don't taste it whatsoever in the yogurts, and I've only tasted it once in that pint but it's much stronger in the salted caramel so it must be in the caramel sauce. You seem to be the pickiest one out of all of us so I think you must have more sensitive taste buds; at least when you do like something most of us can be pretty certain we'll love it! ;)
  • Allgaun
    Allgaun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Have you seen the ads for Omaha Steaks new Crockpot meals? The ad and the website say that each feeds 4. I thought of ordering and looked at the nutrition label. 310 calories, not bad, BUT is says the package has 6 servings! So you are really eating over 500 calories if you eat 1/4!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Those Green Giant vegetable crumble things. I think they have frozen ones, but I used fresh. I was feeling too lazy to chop all the vegetables for dinner, so used these to make my potsticker noodle bowls. You could use them in stir fry, egg rolls, spring rolls, etc. Anywhere you need finely chopped stuff. Awesome!

g9hf81g9fnfv.jpg
    Bought these today with $1 off coupon.Will use one for stir fry dish & the other as a bowl with added protein.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Roothlus wrote: »
    nczkgihcoq6q.png

I love these in the morning. Sodium is high but super quick when I'm running out the door and sooo good. :)
    How many for a serving?
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options

I have no problem with the Light & Fit yogurts - except for one I just recently tried - it was a new 70 calorie Salted Caramel. I took one bite and gagged. Tossed it. I usually eat the greek whip ones - love them.
  • isabellapanzica9387
    isabellapanzica9387 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I finally got to try Halo Top Birthday Cake icecream and Artic Zero cookie and cream shake ice cream. The Halo top ice cream tasted very artificial at the end but it still tasted like cake. Then the artic zero blew me away. It literally tasted like the frozen cookie and cream milkshakes I used to make myself during the summer. Even the constituency was the same as a frozen milkshake since it was a bit icy. I loved it but some might not if they are expecting regular cookie and cream ice cream. Also something that surprised me was that its color was brown like chocolate ice cream. Though it didn't taste like chocolate ice cream so I though that was weird.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options

I have no problem with the Light & Fit yogurts - except for one I just recently tried - it was a new 70 calorie Salted Caramel. I took one bite and gagged. Tossed it. I usually eat the greek whip ones - love them.

I'm the complete opposite. I love the Light & Fit greek yogurts, but the whipped ones make me gag I can't stand them!
    I finally got to try Halo Top Birthday Cake icecream and Artic Zero cookie and cream shake ice cream. The Halo top ice cream tasted very artificial at the end but it still tasted like cake. Then the artic zero blew me away. It literally tasted like the frozen cookie and cream milkshakes I used to make myself during the summer. Even the constituency was the same as a frozen milkshake since it was a bit icy. I loved it but some might not if they are expecting regular cookie and cream ice cream. Also something that surprised me was that its color was brown like chocolate ice cream. Though it didn't taste like chocolate ice cream so I though that was weird.

Wait... you just implied that Arctic Zero was better than Halo Top? Well, my friend, that's a first. Did you see any of Arctic Zero's newer flavors yet?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    shinycrazy wrote: »
    patceoh wrote: »
    Where do you all buy Enlightened ice cream? Only places listed in Ohio has crisps only.Booo
    I need ice cream!

Yes! I'm in Cinci. One cannot live on Graeter's alone (without being rounder, LOL).

I wish we had Graeter's! The Cheese Crown ice cream (I think that's the name) sounds awesome.

It's pretty good. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. Generally I'm a chocolate fiend, but the bits of icing and overall cheescake goodness was a winner.

I might have to order that flavor online eventually. How much does it usually cost in store?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

I really only noticed the taste with the Caramel & the exclusive Giant flavor of Enlightened.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

Honestly I don't taste it whatsoever in the yogurts, and I've only tasted it once in that pint but it's much stronger in the salted caramel so it must be in the caramel sauce. You seem to be the pickiest one out of all of us so I think you must have more sensitive taste buds; at least when you do like something most of us can be pretty certain we'll love it! ;)

The caramel sauce reminded me of the Walden Farm's caramel sauce. The Walden Farm's too me only tastes good with the Flax Vanilla milk I bought.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

I really only noticed the taste with the Caramel & the exclusive Giant flavor of Enlightened.

The chocolate swirls do that to me too :( But Halo Tops' caramel sauce as well. Who knows.
  • RitaRose91
    RitaRose91 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh I didn't know they had chips too!

Ive tried their protein bars, its the only one I can actually stomach but even that, a few bites to a bar is all...if anything I will keep for those days I work all day and just go in the back and take a bite throughout the day lol
    yourad0rk wrote: »
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on the go.

I'm interested in trying the Quest Protein chips though, and have bought some BBQ flavoured ones which I'm still waiting on in the post. Fingers crossed they taste better than the bars, and also better than 'Protein Bites' by Novo which carry a very strange taste regardless of flavour.

• oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options

Aw, shucks... :blush:
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Tried a cotton candy bagel and then had half the rainbow bagel tonight from the Bagel Shop!
    Cotton Candy Bagel - Those who have tried these bagels and cautioned me that they weren't anything special and a waste of money... I should have listened to you. Did not taste like cotton candy at all, was hardly even that sweet. As much as I wanted it to taste like cotton candy, not even my own forceful thinking could pick up. Unlike the cragels, these were tougher. These tasted like they were going stale a little, perhaps because they were in my fridge for a few days.
    Rainbow Bagel - Pretty much the same thing as the Cotton Candy Bagel, except it was a little sweeter. A little. I read somewhere they taste like vanilla/cereal, but honestly it was just a slightly sweeter plain bagel. The colors are fun, but for the price you'd think they would have flavored it better.

Overall, The Bagel Shop's bagels were a 2/5 while their cragels were a 3.5-5/5, depending on the flavor. Glad I tried them as they're beautiful, but I'd never pay for them again.
    kuo2g4t42909.jpg

Honestly I'm surprised they even ship them. Bagels get stale fast. They're probably tastier when they are fresh.

They look so pretty though LOL. Did you toast or eat plain? I would guess they would taste boring and hard plain especially a few days old. When I buy store bought bagels or even bakery i always have to toast or they taste stale.

The rainbow/cotton candy bagels I had plain since I was at my boyfriend's house who doesn't have a toaster, and the cinnamon cragel I microwaved for a little and enjoyed that one more. The spinach parmesan cragel was easily my favorite (surprisingly) but I toasted that one (to melt the cheese more) and then finished it in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
    HOWEVER, I gave my father a "unicorn" bagel and he didn't care for it so he brought me home half. This bagel was even older of course since I had it last, but surprisingly it seemed more fresh than the rainbow and cotton candy bagels! I tore a small piece to try by itself and it tasted incredibly fresh, but then I toasted it and could still taste its freshness although I preferred it softer. Tasting this bagel fresh made me certainly enjoy it more, although I still hold that they're overpriced and underwhelming. Even this one was pretty bland and while it had a very slight sweetness to it if you really pay attention, like the others it kind of feels like I'm eating play-doh as something about it just tastes fake.
    TMI ALERT: 1 hour after this bagel I pooped and it looked pale with green blotches that looked like mold! I always have normal colored bowel movements, except for when I eat these bagels. YUCK.
    u95k0y3q4xim.jpg

Just fyi, green BM are caused by eating things with blue or purple dye. I've gotten it from blue g2, froot loops and grape slushies. Nothing to be concerned about
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    MaiaCups2016_CherryPom-300x300.jpg

This was a tad on the bland side, but I liked that it wasn't runny like most of the more popular yogurts.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Anyone try the sharing size Strawberry Nut M&Ms? I noticed these at the Wal-Mart I work at, but I'm not usually a huge strawberry fan so held off buying a pack.

I'm still waiting for the new Butterfinger Cups in the spicy flavor.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    patceoh wrote: »
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Those Green Giant vegetable crumble things. I think they have frozen ones, but I used fresh. I was feeling too lazy to chop all the vegetables for dinner, so used these to make my potsticker noodle bowls. You could use them in stir fry, egg rolls, spring rolls, etc. Anywhere you need finely chopped stuff. Awesome!

g9hf81g9fnfv.jpg
    Bought these today with $1 off coupon.Will use one for stir fry dish & the other as a bowl with added protein.

Wow. That looks really good and easy. I do buy "riced" cauliflower, but also buy other bags of veg to add to the stir fry, so this makes it totally easy. I don't do it totally without rice, but I will use about half the amount of rice I usually put in my stir fry when using the cauliflower. Family doesn't seem to mind and it gives me enough room in the calories to have both chicken AND egg in the fried rice.