New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    If you are vegetarian or sometimes enjoy alternatives to meat, these new Boca Burger Essentials are good. I've tried the "Scramble" variety as a breakfast sandwich and the "Chile Relleno" patty (this would work for breakfast too, imo). They're pretty tasty, and the macros aren't bad at all:

bocaburger.com/essentialsproducts.html

They look good... But just how does someone put milk into a veggie burger?! :open_mouth: Speaking of veggie burgers, I picked up a box of Beyond Meat's beastly sliders and burgers thanks to an excellent (better than free!) deal that I found... I haven't tried them yet, but I hope they're good!

The Beyond Meat products are really good. I've had to warn a few vegetarian friends that if they are put off by the texture of real meat, they might not like the Beyond Meat burgers, because they 'feel' like the real thing.

The question is how does their price compare? And how much sodium do they have?
  • Francl27
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    If you are vegetarian or sometimes enjoy alternatives to meat, these new Boca Burger Essentials are good. I've tried the "Scramble" variety as a breakfast sandwich and the "Chile Relleno" patty (this would work for breakfast too, imo). They're pretty tasty, and the macros aren't bad at all:

bocaburger.com/essentialsproducts.html

They look good... But just how does someone put milk into a veggie burger?! :open_mouth: Speaking of veggie burgers, I picked up a box of Beyond Meat's beastly sliders and burgers thanks to an excellent (better than free!) deal that I found... I haven't tried them yet, but I hope they're good!

The Beyond Meat products are really good. I've had to warn a few vegetarian friends that if they are put off by the texture of real meat, they might not like the Beyond Meat burgers, because they 'feel' like the real thing.

The question is how does their price compare? And how much sodium do they have?

Beyond Meat has 480mg per 113g burger, and Boca has 300-410mg per 71g burger. Beyond Meat is $4.99 at WF here, but there's an excellent deal on them right now if you'd like to try them.

Ok I have no idea what those offers are LOL.
  • needstobefit15
    needstobefit15 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have a problem when its new I have to buy it. That's kinda like my mini ocd thing.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I have a problem when its new I have to buy it. That's kinda like my mini ocd thing.

Lol I like trying things, and usually never buy them again, with a few exceptions (usually yogurts, as I buy those things all the time anyway and typically eat one a day).

• Francl27
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Ok I found a few things, haven't got to try them yet though...

20521275222_5da5ab28b4_z.jpg

muller-dessert-inspired-yogurt.jpg
    muller-dulce-de-leche.jpg
    Capture_14.jpg

Really curious about those (passed on the raspberry brownie, don't like fruit and chocolate mixes that much).
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Mmm keep us updated on that peach cobbler Müller. I'm on a huge peach kick lately.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I bought this new to me ice cream today at Weis.

yuenglings-spiced-pumpkin-roll.png?itok=nFVWgDmm&c=1e042adbb2df075dc26d2f9fc4e99ec8

Not sure when I'll try it though.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

I love looking on The Impulsive Buy & then trying to find the new products.

My OCD thing is buying multiples of things like cereal, protein bars, ice creams, etc.

I figure whatever I don't like I can either throw in the break room at work or give to my nieces/nephews.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Ok I found a few things, haven't got to try them yet though...

muller-dessert-inspired-yogurt.jpg
    Capture_14.jpg

Really curious about those (passed on the raspberry brownie, don't like fruit and chocolate mixes that much).

Tell us how you like the Mueller yogurts. I seen the Dulce De Leche at Wal-Mart, & while it looked good I had passed.
  • TamLam99
    TamLam99 Posts: 247 Member
    Options

yuenglings-spiced-pumpkin-roll.png?itok=nFVWgDmm&c=1e042adbb2df075dc26d2f9fc4e99ec8

I would love that !! I've never seen that brand of ice cream where I live, I'll keep an eye out for it.
  • Francl27
    edited August 2015
    Options

Seen it at Acme but I have too much ice cream!

Ok I haven't tried the yogurts yet but I tried these

fiber-one-streusel-bars.jpg

Yeah I like the Kelogg's nutrigrain harvest better, but the nutrition is better on these.

• Francl27
    Options
    Ok I had this

Is it good? Yes. Is it as satisfying as ice cream for the calories/macros? Nope. Also I couldn't really taste the hazelnuts and the caramel flavor isn't strong enough.

Won't buy again (bought them because they were on sale and I had a coupon anyway).
  • gabrielsaucedo21
    gabrielsaucedo21 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    yourad0rk wrote: »
    I've been on a bit of a protein hype the past few weeks and was really looking around for some good bars and found Quest Bars, I bought the 'Cookies and Cream' and 'Double Chocolate Chunk'. They're horrible, they taste like artificial sweetener and salt, and I can never stomach more than half a bar in one sitting, I've found that they're more palatable when cold, although that means they're harsh on your teeth. But despite all that, they're really good for you, and not a bad (even if horrid tasting) filling snack for on the go.

I'm interested in trying the Quest Protein chips though, and have bought some BBQ flavoured ones which I'm still waiting on in the post. Fingers crossed they taste better than the bars, and also better than 'Protein Bites' by Novo which carry a very strange taste regardless of flavour.

The quet chips are not very good at all, but good for you so I eat them occasionally or when I need to hit my protien goal
  • Francl27
    Options
    I liked this a lot more than their chocolate peanut butter. Tasted like a peanutty rice krispy treat.
    bite-wrapper-pbcrunch_2.png

oh this looks good!

Tried this

Will not try new flavors. Just not worth it at all. The chocolate didn't even taste like real chocolate.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I liked this a lot more than their chocolate peanut butter. Tasted like a peanutty rice krispy treat.
    bite-wrapper-pbcrunch_2.png

oh this looks good!

Tried this

Will not try new flavors. Just not worth it at all. The chocolate didn't even taste like real chocolate.

Yeah I didn't care for the new Dannon flavor either.