New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I gave in and bought these

4-kouigns-amann.png

One of my favorite desserts from Brittany. Cannot wait to try it out, I haven't had any in 13 years but I haven't seen any reviews of them anywhere... Needs to be out for 7 or 8 hours first though so it will be breakfast this week end at some point. Nom.
  • jessiefrancine
    jessiefrancine Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

4-kouigns-amann.png

One of my favorite desserts from Brittany. Cannot wait to try it out, I haven't had any in 13 years but I haven't seen any reviews of them anywhere... Needs to be out for 7 or 8 hours first though so it will be breakfast this week end at some point. Nom.

Please let us know how they turn out! They look delish!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

4-kouigns-amann.png

What are the calories on those? They look awesome!

• Francl27
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Well I found a few reviews and they all say that they are fantastic.

The calories? Not so much. 340 calories each. I don't know how I'm going to fit it in, but if it doesn't fit, I don't care, I'm having one anyway, lol. Probably on Sunday.
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    jmurray90 wrote: »
    uhm. not food wise, but those microfiber lash things, that you put on like mascara.... THEYRE AWESOME!!!

Really....tell me more. :)
  • hamelle2
    Options
    jmurray90 wrote: »
    uhm. not food wise, but those microfiber lash things, that you put on like mascara.... THEYRE AWESOME!!!

I got some for Christmas but I have been hesitant to try it....I'm a false lash addict!

Really curious as to what this product is, I've never heard of it!

It's a mascara-helper type product that comes with some sort of "transplant gel" and then false fibers that adhere to your lashes, supposedly making them look fuller and longer! I've seen pics that look good and pics that look like tarantula lashes!

Always wanted to try false lashes....do they pull out your real lashes though??

• hamelle2
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJdAxTxezsGRNXEZvuiIUa4nmtc_vzMKCemN27nPjGvkdl-yFS

just... get me a spoon and i'll eat it in one go.

Yummy
  • supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    Gave in and had one of these.

th?id=JN.PxB%2bHTtcxUGSXxmFvUR8AQ&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

This is dangerous. Very dangerous. Totally worth the 180 calories. So good.

Now I want to try other flavors, lol.

I wouldn't recommend the other flavors, but I am probably a lousy person to make that recommendation since both of the toaster strudel flavors I tried (including the boston cream pie) just tasted so greasy that they grossed me out. And I usually like boston cream pie flavor in anything.

I want to try the cream cheese one mostly. Might pick it up tomorrow as I have to go to the store again anyway.

It's odd though, mine wasn't too greasy and it really reminded me of a Boston cream donut... just for 2/3 of the calories.

I didn't love the cream cheese one - Cheesecake one was good though. Cinnamon and apple are probably my top 2 regular flavors.

Is the cheesecake one a limited edition or something? There are a bunch of cream cheese/fruit ones on their site too...

The cinnamon one looks good too. Oh man now I sorta wish I had never tried them, but the one I had completely hit my craving spot for a Boston cream donut for less calories, so it's pretty neat.

It was limited edition Raspberry Cheesecake. I loved it, it was gone, I tried strawberry and creamcheese, wasn't the same.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Gave in and had one of these.

th?id=JN.PxB%2bHTtcxUGSXxmFvUR8AQ&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

This is dangerous. Very dangerous. Totally worth the 180 calories. So good.

Now I want to try other flavors, lol.

I wouldn't recommend the other flavors, but I am probably a lousy person to make that recommendation since both of the toaster strudel flavors I tried (including the boston cream pie) just tasted so greasy that they grossed me out. And I usually like boston cream pie flavor in anything.

I want to try the cream cheese one mostly. Might pick it up tomorrow as I have to go to the store again anyway.

It's odd though, mine wasn't too greasy and it really reminded me of a Boston cream donut... just for 2/3 of the calories.

I didn't love the cream cheese one - Cheesecake one was good though. Cinnamon and apple are probably my top 2 regular flavors.

Is the cheesecake one a limited edition or something? There are a bunch of cream cheese/fruit ones on their site too...

The cinnamon one looks good too. Oh man now I sorta wish I had never tried them, but the one I had completely hit my craving spot for a Boston cream donut for less calories, so it's pretty neat.

It was limited edition Raspberry Cheesecake. I loved it, it was gone, I tried strawberry and creamcheese, wasn't the same.

Oh well. I ended up not buying anymore for now, got enough stuff in the freezer.
  • hamelle2
    Options
    Snap Infusion Supercandy.
    Love the caramel for late night tv watching!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

4-kouigns-amann.png

Those do look amazing. Gotta wait until it gets a little cooler to use the oven though.

Also, I am very interested in the watermelon flavor. I'll probably pick up the bacon flavor too.
  • Francl27
    Options

4-kouigns-amann.png

Those do look amazing. Gotta wait until it gets a little cooler to use the oven though.

Also, I am very interested in the watermelon flavor. I'll probably pick up the bacon flavor too.

Huh... I think I'm the only person in this country who doesn't like sweet bacon.
  • jessiefrancine
    Options
    I need those maple bacon pop tarts. DO WANT!
  • jessiefrancine
    Options

Are these even a real thing? I just googled "bacon pop tarts" and got zero results about a product for sale. Everything was a recipe to make your own. Hello! Lazy/Busy over here - I need them to come premade in a box!
  • CooCooPuff
    Options

Are these even a real thing? I just googled "bacon pop tarts" and got zero results about a product for sale. Everything was a recipe to make your own. Hello! Lazy/Busy over here - I need them to come premade in a box!
    The person who posted the picture said their brother in law works for Kellogs. It could be fake but, I recently heard about it on the Impulsive Buy podcast and thought they sounded interesting.

• jessiefrancine
    Options

The person who posted the picture said their brother in law works for Kellogs. It could be fake but, I recently heard about it on the Impulsive Buy podcast and thought they sounded interesting.

Okay, I will cross my fingers and wish/hope/pray that they become a reality for consumers.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options

4-kouigns-amann.png

Here's a review of them from a website I like and trust. I shop regularly at Trader Joe's and the reviews on this site have almost never let me down:

whatsgoodattraderjoes.com/2014/07/trader-joes-4-kouigns-amann.html

Note that in this case, several folks in the comments section disagreed with the low-ish review scores, and provided instructions for how to properly prepare them. I haven't tried them (I just can't bring myself to deal with all that saturated fat in one fell swoop), so all of this is second-hand info.
    Those mushroom fries sound really good and I hope they become a big thing outside of TJs.