New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Bought pumpkin spice Oreos today. Nothing to write home about. No problem stopping at one. The kids can enjoy the rest of the package.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Trader Joe's had their pumpkin bread pudding so I had to buy some. No idea when I'll open it though, it sounds very dangerous (and I guess I have to defreeze the whole thing at once).

I remember having this last year and I loved it!!! This year I tried their salted caramel bread pudding and was ecstatic (salted caramel is the only thing I like more than pumpkin), but very disappointed once I discovered it had absolutely no salted caramel taste to it at all! It was good, but just tasted like a vanilla bread pudding. No caramel swirls or anything, maybe I got a bad container who knows, but there was no caramel to be seen anywhere.

While I'm on the topic of salted caramel, I finally got around to trying Quest's salted caramel protein powder.
    Holy crap. Definitely my favorite flavor protein powder from them! Used to be tie between vanilla milkshake and banana cream, but salted caramel is the new winner.

Yeah I read the same thing about the salted caramel bread pudding, that's why I didn't bother with it. But pumpkin, well... eventually I'll have enough calories to try it!

I agree about the salted caramel powder. I love it in oatmeal. I like the chocolate one too but haven't opened the vanilla yet. I really need more recipes to use them in though... yogurt and oatmeal gets boring.
    Caitwn wrote: »
    Has anyone spotted the other Talenti holiday flavors yet? The Peppermint Bark or the Old World Eggnog? I need to do some 'research' this weekend!

I swear I saw them all year at my store but they seemed gone last week. So weird. Will probably come back though...

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    Not new - My Trader Joe's finally got the TJ Brownie Crisps. It's a good thing the store is a bit of a drive and not in an area I need to be in often. I've found other brownie crisps that are good too, but the chocolate chunks in these are what make it better. I also picked up TJ's chocolate covered sunflower seeds. I'm not getting on the scale any time soon.
  • mom2colbyj
    mom2colbyj Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    o91nuyfaubvk.jpg

This is delicious. I like it better than the Yoplait Pumpkin Cheesecake one.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I know this is a "product" thread but since you brought up a couple of my favorite things: bread pudding, pumpkin, and salted caramel - it reminded me of this recipe which I tried last year and they were awesome! The salted caramel cream cheese glaze would have been amazing on just about anything...

http://www.virtuallyhomemade.com/2013/11/mini-pumpkin-chocolate-chip-muffins.html

Oh man, that does sound delicious! Did you log them? Do you remember how many calories they were roughly per muffin? I would try it out if I knew I wouldn't easily eat a thousand calories worth of the stuff haha xD
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    vk93i3fb20cv.jpeg

Picked up the key lime and chocolate chip bags to try. The KL white chocolate was super yummy. Lots of lime flavor and plenty of white chocolate bits. Scared to try the chocolate chip, self control might go out the window.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    scastor27 wrote: »
    vk93i3fb20cv.jpeg

Picked up the key lime and chocolate chip bags to try. The KL white chocolate was super yummy. Lots of lime flavor and plenty of white chocolate bits. Scared to try the chocolate chip, self control might go out the window.

Never seen the Key Lime White Chocolate, but the Lemon & Snickerdoodle cookies are awesome!
  • scastor27
    Options
    Ooo I'll def have to grab some snicker doodle yum
  • scastor27
    Options
    Also new to me
    u4t42y0vc2je.jpeg
    Not too, too spicy but was pretty tasty with chicken tacos tonight. They also had a Thai curry, tomato ratatouille, and a jerk something or other. I'll definitely pick up another one to try.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I know this is a "product" thread but since you brought up a couple of my favorite things: bread pudding, pumpkin, and salted caramel - it reminded me of this recipe which I tried last year and they were awesome! The salted caramel cream cheese glaze would have been amazing on just about anything...

http://www.virtuallyhomemade.com/2013/11/mini-pumpkin-chocolate-chip-muffins.html

Oh man, that does sound delicious! Did you log them? Do you remember how many calories they were roughly per muffin? I would try it out if I knew I wouldn't easily eat a thousand calories worth of the stuff haha xD

I checked and I did create a recipe, they were 130 cals/mini muffin. On my phone so I can't see if that included the sauce but I think it did.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i had a pumpkin spice oreo. the cookie was rather gingery but the cream was good. i also ran into caramel apple granola bars. impulse buy
    51dYsbGtyxL.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Speaking of Pumpkin Oreos, the Trader Joe's pumpkin Joe-joe's are delicious!

And I liked the Kozy Shack vanilla bean pudding, although not as much as the caramel one.
  • TamLam99
    TamLam99 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    mom2colbyj wrote: »
    o91nuyfaubvk.jpg

This is delicious. I like it better than the Yoplait Pumpkin Cheesecake one.

I just had one of those and loved it !
  • scastor27
    Options
    @vinegar_husbands I tried the Kevita hibiscus cherry flavor today and wasn't too fond of it, have you tried that one yet? I also have the strawberry acai coconut flavor to try. I have high hopes for it!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    A few days ago at Wal-Mart I bought Rothbury Farms Cinnamon Swirl bread.

cinnamon-swirl-bread.png

The bread has an amazing smell of cinnamon without being overwhelming & the bread holds up well when you add toppings like a spread or ice cream. Of course tonight I took a slice & added 30 grams of Biscoff Crunchy Spread & some Talenti Caramel Apple Pie.

Have you ever tried this gelato @vinegar_husbands

th?id=OIP.M2fbbdd8dbeec11e929e651dedeea4cf7o0&pid=15.1&rs=1&c=1&qlt=95&w=102&h=102
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I tried looking for this brand to post, but I also bought a box of these Lemon Tarlets that I found at Wal-Mart. On the box they said they're imported from France.