New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    Got it!

What did you think of the donut???? I feel like pop rocks must be a little uncomfortable to eat on a donut, but hey, you never know! I wasn't in a rush to try it since it was a regular glazed donut - they lost a couple points with me for not using a cotton candy flavored glaze!
    Forget the frap.... do you think they'd sell me just a grande cold brew whipped cream? That sounds divine.

Right?! I want that in a venti cup :D Soooo, a little off topic but...is anyone else really looking forward to (yet dreading) Cinco De Mayo? I show little restraint when it comes to chips and salsa, but I don't plan to miss out on delicious Mexican food! Enchiladas...oh man.

Usually on Cinco De Mayo I go to Don Pablo's since they have Mama's Skinny Enchiladas which are delicious and only 536 calories for three pretty large enchiladas. However, each year is a downfall when I get to their cornmeal spoonbread which has 381 calories and I finish in two bites. Last year I was extremely weak and got two side orders of the stuff.... I want to say I regret it but I don't want to lie ;P
  • hgycta
    edited May 2018
    Options
    In my last order from Linda's Diet Delites I splurged and ordered Chatila's Bakery Sugar Free Chocolate E'toiles which are $23 for a 4-pack. I would never normally spend this much, but I was dying for something new and they got really good reviews so I splurged.

All I can say is... WOW. The company's website says: "Eat it chilled for a rich fudge-like treat--Eat it warm for a lava chocolate avalanche." I had it both ways; chilled I thought it was more filling, but without comparison I thought having it microwaved for about 15 seconds made them PERFECT. The outside was still a little cool and tasted like chocolate ganache, whereas the inside was like molten lava cake! Neither of my parents knew it was low calorie when they tried them.

However, I'm a little confused over the calories. The nutrition facts says it has 90 calories for a 75 gram serving, and that each e'toile is 2 servings (which should be 150 grams). Likewise, the pack of four e'toiles says it weighs 600 grams. However, when I weighed each e'toile it was anywhere from 89g-100g. All four e'toiles were 400 grams, not 600 grams. Either the nutrition facts is incorrect or I somehow received smaller e'toiles than normal (or the company just rips people off). I'm not sure if I should log 180 calories per that 150 gram serving or if I should log it as being 120 calories since it's actually a 100 gram serving?

ar4s7b9ixs95.jpeg
    c8v8js392t7m.jpeg
    7x8a2zs2catb.jpeg

Also, I noticed the ThinSlim Foods glazed cookies I always ordered looked a lot different than they usually do. They must have changed their recipe, and it's not for the better. Very weird and more artificial tasting now. There's something I don't like at all about it. I used to adore these cookies but now I won't be buying them again :/
    2cux66dd8cbs.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Popchips-Nutter-Puffs-Peanut-Butter-and-Peanut-Butter-Chocolate.jpg?resize=599%2C547&ssl=1

I tried these other week because checkout51 app had 4 cashback so was like free. The chocolate pb were really good, definitely worth trying. They were a lot better than trader jo plain peanut butter brand.
  • ncgirl8
    ncgirl8 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

Also, I noticed the ThinSlim Foods glazed cookies I always ordered looked a lot different than they usually do. They must have changed their recipe, and it's not for the better. Very weird and more artificial tasting now. There's something I don't like at all about it. I used to adore these cookies but now I won't be buying them again :/
    2cux66dd8cbs.jpeg
    Yes - I used to practically advertise for them, but in the last year, the bakery switch and gluten-free focus - well, we haven't agreed. I still like some of their products, but compared to what I used to spend there, it's nothing to what it used to be.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Popchips-Nutter-Puffs-Peanut-Butter-and-Peanut-Butter-Chocolate.jpg?resize=599%2C547&ssl=1

I tried these other week because checkout51 app had 4 cashback so was like free. The chocolate pb were really good, definitely worth trying. They were a lot better than trader jo plain peanut butter brand.

I read a review on these on junkbanter last week and he said the honey peanut butter were the best ones. I almost bought some of the Trader Joe's ones today. Glad I didn't now.
  • melissa6771
    Options
    In my last order from Linda's Diet Delites I splurged and ordered Chatila's Bakery Sugar Free Chocolate E'toiles which are $23 for a 4-pack. I would never normally spend this much, but I was dying for something new and they got really good reviews so I splurged.

All I can say is... WOW. The company's website says: "Eat it chilled for a rich fudge-like treat--Eat it warm for a lava chocolate avalanche." I had it both ways; chilled I thought it was more filling, but without comparison I thought having it microwaved for about 15 seconds made them PERFECT. The outside was still a little cool and tasted like chocolate ganache, whereas the inside was like molten lava cake! Neither of my parents knew it was low calorie when they tried them.

However, I'm a little confused over the calories. The nutrition facts says it has 90 calories for a 75 gram serving, and that each e'toile is 2 servings (which should be 150 grams). Likewise, the pack of four e'toiles says it weighs 600 grams. However, when I weighed each e'toile it was anywhere from 89g-100g. All four e'toiles were 400 grams, not 600 grams. Either the nutrition facts is incorrect or I somehow received smaller e'toiles than normal (or the company just rips people off). I'm not sure if I should log 180 calories per that 150 gram serving or if I should log it as being 120 calories since it's actually a 100 gram serving?

ar4s7b9ixs95.jpeg
    c8v8js392t7m.jpeg
    7x8a2zs2catb.jpeg

2cux66dd8cbs.jpeg

I made the chocolate decadence cake from eating well which is similar to these I believe. It's a flourless chocolate cake and it was really good. 160 cal for 1/10 of the whole thing. I used protein shake in place of milk and skipped the topping.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/250213/chocolate-decadence/
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options

ar4s7b9ixs95.jpeg
    c8v8js392t7m.jpeg
    7x8a2zs2catb.jpeg

2cux66dd8cbs.jpeg

Omg in the top pic is that the slim thins new recipe cookie??? Looks so much different. I really liked those so I am sad to see they change. Those e'toiles look amazing, WOW! But 24 for a 4 pack?! They need to have some better sales lol. I saw they have some real bakeries in some areas. I wish they had around me because they sell the products at more reasonable prices.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited May 2018
    Options

I read a review on these on junkbanter last week and he said the honey peanut butter were the best ones. I almost bought some of the Trader Joe's ones today. Glad I didn't now.

The trader jo ones were too "corny" tasting, which I wasn't a fan of. They weren't sweet either, reminded me of more of unsweetened powdered peanut butter coated plain corn puffs. I mean they weren't terrible, but wouldn't buy again. The nutter puffs were sweeter, lighter and fluffier with a really nice peanut butter chocolate dusting. I didn't try the plain pb ones, but since you said those got good reviews I probably will. There is still a 2 off coupon for them on checkout51. :)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    20395601.jpg

Has anyone ever tried this flavor of water enhancer?
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Agreed I took most of the pop rocks off the donut but it was okay and the coolata DID NOT have enough cotton candy flavor for me :'(
  • melissa6771
    Options

The trader jo ones were too "corny" tasting, which I wasn't a fan of. They weren't sweet either, reminded me of more of unsweetened powdered peanut butter coated plain corn puffs. I mean they weren't terrible, but wouldn't buy again. The nutter puffs were sweeter, lighter and fluffier with a really nice peanut butter chocolate dusting. I didn't try the plain pb ones, but since you said those got good reviews I probably will. There is still a 2 off coupon for them on checkout51. :)

The honey peanut butter ones are what he said were best. I uploaded checkout51. I hope Walmart has those and the pop corners I want. They're both on there but one ends tomorrow. Thanks for mentioning that.
  • laurenbastug
    laurenbastug Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Lil buff protein cakes have been a life changer! I’ve been on a cocoa crave kick. Great macros and more importantly the taste. I did the brownie version tonight and it seriously delivered. Solid source of fiber too :) Would be even more amazing with a smudge of frosting, peanut butter or some vanillla ice cream/fro yo. 264z6xwashyc.png
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Lil buff protein cakes have been a life changer! I’ve been on a cocoa crave kick. Great macros and more importantly the taste. I did the brownie version tonight and it seriously delivered. Solid source of fiber too :) Would be even more amazing with a smudge of frosting, peanut butter or some vanillla ice cream/fro yo. 264z6xwashyc.png

I need this in my life! >:)
  • laurenbastug
    laurenbastug Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @whitpauly haha yes!! they’ve become a staple in my diet
  • melissa6771
    Options

Yes, I need this too! Do you have to order online? This is the chocolate cake mix or the coco stuff?
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Today I tried the new dunkin donut cotton candy coolata and the cotton candy donut. Neither impressed me. The donut did not have any cotton candy flavor and not enough popping candy. The little puffs were a nice crunch, though. Coolata tasted ok in the beginning but I didn't really taste cotton candy. After like 2 minutes it just tasted like ice.

I also found Chilly Cow at my walmart today. I just had salted caramel and OMG SOOO GOOD! I'm afraid this is better than Halo Top! And I didn't think anything was better than Halo Top. I hope other flavors are as good.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Caribou coffee is getting bubble drinks! Square, caramel flavored 'bubbles'. Got an email about it. Perks members can try them early today and tommorrow! I want to go get one tommorrow morning but they probably will be out. Caribou is a midwest US thing, I think?
    5e92f77.gif
  • hgycta
    edited May 2018
    Options

ar4s7b9ixs95.jpeg
    c8v8js392t7m.jpeg
    7x8a2zs2catb.jpeg

2cux66dd8cbs.jpeg

Omg in the top pic is that the slim thins new recipe cookie??? Looks so much different. I really liked those so I am sad to see they change. Those e'toiles look amazing, WOW! But 24 for a 4 pack?! They need to have some better sales lol. I saw they have some real bakeries in some areas. I wish they had around me because they sell the products at more reasonable prices.

Yeah, it is VERY different looking and not nearly as good as it used to be!!! :/ it’s not as messy to eat now, but that’s pretty much the only positive aspect of the new recipe. I went to Chatila’s website and it looks just as expensive pretty much on their own website except they only sell them in a 6 pack, go figure! Chatila’s bakery wrote back and said they’re hand cut so when they weigh less like mine do it means I got some with more cake than fudge so I should log it as less calories. I wonder how often that happens though >~> kind of expensive for it to be 100 grams less per pack than it should have been, that’s basically an entire e’toille!

I LOVE lil buff cakes! They have some frosting recipes on their website, but personally I’m not a fan of any of them (especially the ones with sugar free pudding mix)! My all time favorite is the caramel apple flavor mix they release as a seasonal flavor... do yourself a favor and try that ASAP once it comes back! They also have a recipe where you can make the cake mixes using Diet Coke instead of the applesauce, milk, and egg whites, which is a lot more convenient and I thought tasted pretty similar. However, the next time I buy more of the regular mix (working through some packs of ginger shred still which won’t taste as good with this) I’m definitely using the Diet Coke recipe but instead of sod I’m going to use that Bang cotton candy drink since it’s carbonated ;) another hack if you’re making it per instructions, if you add some instant coffee powder (I use 2 of those Folgers packs to go) it tastes phenomenal).
    Sp1tfire wrote: »
    Caribou coffee is getting bubble drinks! Square, caramel flavored 'bubbles'. Got an email about it. Perks members can try them early today and tommorrow! I want to go get one tommorrow morning but they probably will be out. Caribou is a midwest US thing, I think?
    5e92f77.gif

I REALLY wish there was a Caribou Coffee near me, this looks to die for!!!
  • nic_27_grassisgreener
    nic_27_grassisgreener Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Pecan Cereal sounded like a good flavor, but it disappointed. Not much pecan or cereal flavor. Too artificial and "low-calorie" tasting, even though it's 130 calories.

9ljqjc25wzri.jpg