New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    This was in a sponsored post on Facebook... my goodness do these look delicious!!! If anyone finds them first and buys them let me know how they are!!
    pg4sfndcmn4q.jpeg

I have to try these. I just did product locator and it says market basket by me which is where I'm going tomorrow. I'll look for them. Anyone have any idea what part of grocery store they will be in? Market basket prices are really good too so that's cool.

I could be wrong, but I'm assuming it would be with the frozen novelties? I didn't see any in Shoprite today either when I went, but I hope you're able to find them!!!!

Oh goodness I knew about the scoop shops but I had no idea how glorious they actually looked... I want those colorful waffle cones and toppings!!! Agh they should sell a little Halo Top party kit or something to make them at home!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    This was in a sponsored post on Facebook... my goodness do these look delicious!!! If anyone finds them first and buys them let me know how they are!!
    pg4sfndcmn4q.jpeg

I have to try these. I just did product locator and it says market basket by me which is where I'm going tomorrow. I'll look for them. Anyone have any idea what part of grocery store they will be in? Market basket prices are really good too so that's cool.

I could be wrong, but I'm assuming it would be with the frozen novelties? I didn't see any in Shoprite today either when I went, but I hope you're able to find them!!!!

Oh goodness I knew about the scoop shops but I had no idea how glorious they actually looked... I want those colorful waffle cones and toppings!!! Agh they should sell a little Halo Top party kit or something to make them at home!

Are they frozen? I can't tell from the description! I will look in frozen and by deli. I saw the halo top ice cream shop on Facebook. Someone said it's really good! Better than the stuff you buy in pints. Too bad they're only in cali. Sounds awesome.
  • melissa6771
    Options
    I forgot to ask, has anyone tried the yasso Greek yogurt ice cream pints? Where I'm going tomorrow they are on sale for $2.50. Should I try one?
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I forgot to ask, has anyone tried the yasso Greek yogurt ice cream pints? Where I'm going tomorrow they are on sale for $2.50. Should I try one?

I'm curious as well. Halo Top doesn't really do it for me.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    pg4sfndcmn4q.jpeg

I think that I’ve seen these before at Kroger. Or at least something similar to them, anyway. They were alright, but nothing special. The chocolate coating fell off super easily, and the Greek yogurt filling was kind of oddly crumbly. Not like cheesecake, and nothing worth seeking out specifically, but it also wasn’t terrible.
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    pg4sfndcmn4q.jpeg

@hgycta These are so so so good. Kinda remind me of chocolate covered cheesecake from the greek yogurt tang. I was going to write a review on here but i cant figure out how to upload pics from my phone. Anyhoo, ive tried all the flavors and all are good but my favorite is the Espresso.
  • widgit808
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    pg4sfndcmn4q.jpeg

Bah, I was just at Shop Rite, but I don't remember seeing those.

(I'm extremely skeptical about the 'tastes like cheesecake' claim)

They really do taste like cheescake...i didnt even noticed that in the add and commented that they did! In my grocery they keep em with the greek yogurt but they r still a bit hard to find cause its such a small section.
  • widgit808
    Options
    pg4sfndcmn4q.jpeg

@melissa6771 @hgycta they are not frozen, you should be able to find them with the other greek yogurt items
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    So glad I decided to go to Weis today in case they had the new Enlightened flavors (the Enlightened website only listed the same flavors that have been there forever)!

I bought Chocolate Peanut Butter, Bananas Foster, Movie Night, & French Toast. Weis also had Chilly Cow ice cream & ice cream bars, Gelato Fiasco ($3.99 which is an amazing price), & Halo Top.

My local Super Center finally had most of the new Halo Top flavors & bought Banana Chocolate since that's one of the new ones I haven't tried yet. Wal-Mart also had the Chilly Cow ice cream (not the bars though), the Breyers 2 flavor creations, & Ben & Jerry's Pecan Sticky Buns. The Ben & Jerry's Pecan Sticky Buns is amazing!

Ooh that chocolate banana halo top pint is really good! Also, I’m not sure if all shoprites have the same weekly sales but this Friday Halo Top, Yasso, and Chilly Cow are going to be only $2.88 all week!

You weren't lying the Enlightened Chocolate Peanut Butter is amazing with huge chunks of peanut butter! Definitely decadent for only 360 calories (give or take the overall weight).

Still jealous that you can find these brands for $2.88 & even $1.99 during better sales.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 582 Member
    Options

I've tried most of the Yasso pints. I liked the more vanilla based flavors (party animal, coconut, etc.) but I didn't like the coffee brownie, chocolate PB, or mint chip. Something about those flavors didn't work well with the natural tartness of frozen yogurt - in my opinion, those flavors don't work well in regular yogurts and also don't translate well to frozen yogurt. The only flavor I didn't try was the vanilla/chocolate swirl as it didn't really interest me, and I wasn't a fan of the chocolate. Texturally, the pints are pretty creamy and not icy like some frozen yogurts can be. If they're that cheap, you should definitely pick some up! They've been $5 a pint around me since they were released, so I only bought them once, but I'd pick up a couple of them again if they were on sale.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

I've tried most of the Yasso pints. I liked the more vanilla based flavors (party animal, coconut, etc.) but I didn't like the coffee brownie, chocolate PB, or mint chip. Something about those flavors didn't work well with the natural tartness of frozen yogurt - in my opinion, those flavors don't work well in regular yogurts and also don't translate well to frozen yogurt. The only flavor I didn't try was the vanilla/chocolate swirl as it didn't really interest me, and I wasn't a fan of the chocolate. Texturally, the pints are pretty creamy and not icy like some frozen yogurts can be. If they're that cheap, you should definitely pick some up! They've been $5 a pint around me since they were released, so I only bought them once, but I'd pick up a couple of them again if they were on sale.

How do they taste compared to the bars? I never buy the bars, they're way too bland for me.
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I’m never buying Sweet Habit again. There’s just no way to pre portion it into two pints without making a huge mess, I thought I’d be safe letting it thaw in the drive home then scoop it but the outside was super soft whereas the inside was rock solid... it’s impossible to thaw evenly to dish out when it’s in the quart container!

The caramel flavor is really good with generous caramel swirls, but it’s not any better than Enlightened. Honestly, if I was blindfolded I wouldn’t notice a difference. As far as caramel flavors go, I like Halo Top’s the most since it tastes more like sweet cream to me whereas Enlightened’s caramel is a bit more fake and tastes like sugar alcohols (like this Sweet Habit caramel). 4/10.

I don't know if this would help, but how about freezing it until it's super hard, then chopping through the whole lot (packaging and all) with a sharp knife? Then you have two halves with (hopefully) minimal mess. Not sure how you'd store the second half though, maybe wrap it in clingfilm?
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I’m never buying Sweet Habit again. There’s just no way to pre portion it into two pints without making a huge mess, I thought I’d be safe letting it thaw in the drive home then scoop it but the outside was super soft whereas the inside was rock solid... it’s impossible to thaw evenly to dish out when it’s in the quart container!

The caramel flavor is really good with generous caramel swirls, but it’s not any better than Enlightened. Honestly, if I was blindfolded I wouldn’t notice a difference. As far as caramel flavors go, I like Halo Top’s the most since it tastes more like sweet cream to me whereas Enlightened’s caramel is a bit more fake and tastes like sugar alcohols (like this Sweet Habit caramel). 4/10.
    zlcbzycj2kit.jpeg
    rvzcrnu7vabs.jpeg
    p2y16rzd8dp8.jpeg

If you ever run into needing to split a container of frozen confection again, I saw a pic of someone who just cut the frozen solid container with a serrated knife. (It might have even been on this thread...?) Boom: equal-ish portions.
  • hgycta
    Options
    widgit808 wrote: »
    pg4sfndcmn4q.jpeg

@hgycta These are so so so good. Kinda remind me of chocolate covered cheesecake from the greek yogurt tang. I was going to write a review on here but i cant figure out how to upload pics from my phone. Anyhoo, ive tried all the flavors and all are good but my favorite is the Espresso.

.... ESPRESSO? THATS A FLAVOR? Yup I’m definitely going to take my chances then! How many calories are in each one? I checked the frozen aisle which explains why I couldn’t find it, if it’s only with the refrigerated stuff is it messy once you bite into it? How many come in a pack and approx how expensive is it?
    Thanks!!!

kazminchu wrote: »

I don't know if this would help, but how about freezing it until it's super hard, then chopping through the whole lot (packaging and all) with a sharp knife? Then you have two halves with (hopefully) minimal mess. Not sure how you'd store the second half though, maybe wrap it in clingfilm?

I appreciate the suggestion but if you’ve seen me cut anything at all you would have pity on me. For the life of me, I cannot cut anything evenly. Not even cake. It’s always a lopsided mess! And with how hard it freezes I honestly don’t think I’d be strong enough, I’m a weakling! I’d need to take a chainsaw to that thing!!!!
    So glad I decided to go to Weis today in case they had the new Enlightened flavors (the Enlightened website only listed the same flavors that have been there forever)!

I bought Chocolate Peanut Butter, Bananas Foster, Movie Night, & French Toast. Weis also had Chilly Cow ice cream & ice cream bars, Gelato Fiasco ($3.99 which is an amazing price), & Halo Top.

My local Super Center finally had most of the new Halo Top flavors & bought Banana Chocolate since that's one of the new ones I haven't tried yet. Wal-Mart also had the Chilly Cow ice cream (not the bars though), the Breyers 2 flavor creations, & Ben & Jerry's Pecan Sticky Buns. The Ben & Jerry's Pecan Sticky Buns is amazing!

Ooh that chocolate banana halo top pint is really good! Also, I’m not sure if all shoprites have the same weekly sales but this Friday Halo Top, Yasso, and Chilly Cow are going to be only $2.88 all week!

You weren't lying the Enlightened Chocolate Peanut Butter is amazing with huge chunks of peanut butter! Definitely decadent for only 360 calories (give or take the overall weight).

Still jealous that you can find these brands for $2.88 & even $1.99 during better sales.

Glad you finally tried it! I’m hopelessly addicted to that one, I have yet to find a better peanut butter ice cream (Turkey Hill makes one very comparable but it’s not low calorie by any means)!
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

How do they taste compared to the bars? I never buy the bars, they're way too bland for me.

I actually haven't ever tried any of their bars... I'm not much of a bar person in general. I prefer pints as they're easier for me to moderate portions and eat at a leisurely pace.
  • melissa6771
    Options
    kazminchu wrote: »

That's what I do with the. Enlightened. I chop them in half while frozen! I use a sharp bread knife and kind of see saw it through. Also, this black cherry was very good. Better than I expected.

I'm to buy a bunch of stuff today. Downloaded ibotta and they have 2.50 back on chilly cow, can get 2,, $1 back on enlightened, 3 pints and one bar, , and 50¢ or something on the Clio bars. All of which are available and already inexpensive where I'm going today!

qtezd0s37pz9.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Won this from halo top giveaway. Never have had half the flavors. Package of 24 pints including every single flsvor they make ! So far have tried the plain vanilla and was nothing special but am looking forward to trying the cool flavors. p05yh9c2rukw.jpeg

Wow that is a really nice prize all 24!? I can never seem to get lucky lol.
  • hgycta
    Options
    These are really good but super salty. Look at thst sodium almost 2000mg per 1/4c LOL. I eat wayy too much sodium to begin with so I don’t mind, but my boyfriend who watches his sodium won’t even try them. They are resllg good. They taste like really salty taco flavoring. I don’t eat Taco Bell much so I’m not sure if it tastes like their seasoning, but being a salt fan they were delicious to me. s6oo28o0e0d5.jpeg
    2jaruh25joxg.jpeg

I’m so jealous, I LOVE Taco Bell but I was too late for their giveaway on these and I wasn’t about to spend whatever they were charging to have just one mailed to me.... but now I might xD I adore salt :’)