New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited July 2018
    qxdatsl3qjtl.jpg

https://www.truwomen.com/collections/protein-bars-women

I'm not a woman, so definitely not the target market. But my mom loves them. Not sure if I've seen anyone post about these so figured I'd share.

If they had a spot on their site to buy one of each flavor to try I would, but I am not plopping down $30.00+ on a sampler box of 12.

That’s why I wrote and asked to try and they said they would send me free samples. Although even if I like them I won’t be able to buy regularly at that price lol

I wrote too and they said they would send me samples!

This was on Junk Banter's instagram and my goodness... I want it so bad!
    3uzyzhg3csuc.png
  • hgycta
    I’ve tried several ProYo (Swell) pints before and was never that impressed, but this is my first time trying their coconut pint and it is AMAZING! Definitely the best one by the company in my opinion and actually beats Halo Top AND Enlightened! Didn’t need thawing, the texture was perfect; dense, but creamy and spoonable. By far the best coconut cream taste I’ve had in a while. If there were pineapple pieces it would taste just like Haagen Daz’s Coconut pineapple ice cream! 10/10
    7vlnqi65zevv.jpeg
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    I’ve tried several ProYo (Swell) pints before and was never that impressed, but this is my first time trying their coconut pint and it is AMAZING! Definitely the best one by the company in my opinion and actually beats Halo Top AND Enlightened! Didn’t need thawing, the texture was perfect; dense, but creamy and spoonable. By far the best coconut cream taste I’ve had in a while. If there were pineapple pieces it would taste just like Haagen Daz’s Coconut pineapple ice cream! 10/10
    7vlnqi65zevv.jpeg

I loved that one as well! Speaking of coconut: I ended up spending my $5 at GNC on a One Basix Bar in Almond Bliss....sooo good! And I went with the cotton candy Bang again lol.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    They should put a warning label on the oreo cool whip it is highly addictive. DO NOT use the cool whip as a frosting for a chocolate cake it is extremely addictin. I think I pretty much ate my allowance in cake and cool whip
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    qxdatsl3qjtl.jpg

https://www.truwomen.com/collections/protein-bars-women

I'm not a woman, so definitely not the target market. But my mom loves them. Not sure if I've seen anyone post about these so figured I'd share.

If they had a spot on their site to buy one of each flavor to try I would, but I am not plopping down $30.00+ on a sampler box of 12.

That’s why I wrote and asked to try and they said they would send me free samples. Although even if I like them I won’t be able to buy regularly at that price lol

I wrote too and they said they would send me samples!

This was on Junk Banter's instagram and my goodness... I want it so bad!
    3uzyzhg3csuc.png

OMG IT'S LIKE THE COATING ON THOSE ANIMAL COOKIES + COOKIE DOUGH.

holy crap I want it.

~Lyssa
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    7vlnqi65zevv.jpeg

Thanks for the heads up! I'm a coconut freak so I'll definitely be trying this <3
  • hgycta
    I don’t have any reviews. I wanted to say Thanks for all the posts. I’ve tried several of the products because of your posts. I found that I really love the Halo Top mochi green tea flavor.

And a question- how do y’all get the coupons and free samples? What do you tell the companies? I love free things too 😉

I just usually mention some of the other brands I enjoy similar to that product (to show I purchase regularly in that category), and that I would love to try their products but the price point puts me off (such as if it normally only is sold by the box). I then ask if they offer any type of samples for first time customers (mentioning the flavors most appealing to me) and offer to pay for the samples/shipping fee. Honestly, no company has charged me, they usually either offer samples or they don’t! When they do, they’re usually pretty excited to let you try the products. Of course, it usually bites me in the butt because then I feel compelled to support the business and buy even more if I do like it!!

So I went to target to check for the new whipped creams, brownie cool whip mix-in, new archer farms light ice cream, those fluffier chocolate eggo waffles, and the quest pizza.
    All a big fat fail. It was a different target than I normally go to, so I’ll be checking my local store soon. Heads up: Ibotta has an offer for $1 off Quest pizza!
    What I DID find was the chocolate toaster strudels which I snatched up and will be trying tonight!!! I also spotted this new Project 7 Gum, which I’m chewing as I type this and I really like! Not AS good as fairytale fruit, but it’s tied in second place with the snowball flavor!
    92jnezl8lup4.jpeg
    nxwxsxmd7b4z.jpeg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    edited July 2018
    @Hgycta I couldn't find the oreo cool whip at any normal store but someone mentioned the dollar stores (I actually thought it was you) and there they were.

Screw Vons with their coupon and it probably being 3 times as much if they'd had it!

So...er...try there. :)

Ok look nevermind. You mentioned brownie and I have Oreo on the brain. And this is even after buying ice cream cones to hopefully help me stay accountable with the oreo cool whip logging.
  • hgycta
    edited July 2018
    glassyo wrote: »
    @Hgycta I couldn't find the oreo cool whip at any normal store but someone mentioned the dollar stores (I actually thought it was you) and there they were.

Screw Vons with their coupon and it probably being 3 times as much if they'd had it!

Ok look nevermind. You mentioned brownie and I have Oreo on the brain. And this is even after buying ice cream cones to hopefully help me stay accountable with the oreo cool whip logging.

I found the Oreo mix-ins cool whip from Shoprite actually, but I've seen it in the Target store close to my house. I haven't really checked for the brownies one since then because I've been so happy with the Oreo flavor, but after reading about how good it is I really want to try it now! If they don't have it at the Target by my house I'm going to Walmart because I'm 99% sure I saw it there! The only dollar store close to my house is Dollar Tree, which didn't sell it when I looked :/ I don't live near any Vons, either. >.< Dollar General is supposed to have the Reese's and Hershey's whipped creams that just came out which I might have mentioned, but not the Dollar General I went to go figure!
  • hgycta
    About 480 calories and I was able to eat a little over half this entire thing!
    I definitely think it’s A LOT better than the veggie version I tried originally. Not too much cheese, but the cheese it did have was really good. The crust was nice and crispy again (says to bake directly on the rack) and there was plenty of toppings.
    You can tell it’s not actual meat and vegan stuff, but I still loved it. That being said, I’m not a heavy meat eater and enjoy seitan meat alternatives. For a vegan pizza I couldn’t ask for more!
    My family (who ARE meat lovers) said it was really good and something they enjoy. My brother’s girlfriend even said it reminds her of actual sausage... personally I didn’t think it was nearly as oily, but hey, the moral of the story is no one threw it away!
    10/10 for vegan pizza, 7/10 for regular pizza.
    ckxteuulmor8.jpeg
    fx0v36ixmm7a.jpeg
  • vnb_208
    I definitely think it’s A LOT better than the veggie version I tried originally. Not too much cheese, but the cheese it did have was really good. The crust was nice and crispy again (says to bake directly on the rack) and there was plenty of toppings.
    You can tell it’s not actual meat and vegan stuff, but I still loved it. That being said, I’m not a heavy meat eater and enjoy seitan meat alternatives. For a vegan pizza I couldn’t ask for more!
    My family (who ARE meat lovers) said it was really good and something they enjoy. My brother’s girlfriend even said it reminds her of actual sausage... personally I didn’t think it was nearly as oily, but hey, the moral of the story is no one threw it away!
    ckxteuulmor8.jpeg
    fx0v36ixmm7a.jpeg

I loved it my nieces and nephews ate it with no problem they had no idea
  • vnb_208

Yeah I mentioned it at the dollar try but I cant find the brownie one
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited July 2018
    ckxteuulmor8.jpeg

Looks good! I might make this to take for lunch on Tuesday.

Anyone try the Sweet Earth Herb Lovers pizza?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    vnb_208 wrote: »

Yeah I mentioned it at the dollar try but I cant find the brownie one

LOL I just checked my freezer to see if one of the containers was the brownie cool whip, by chance, but nope!

I also thought to look to see if they had the reeses and hershey's whipped cream but no joy there either. I still wanna try them even with the bad reviews.
  • hgycta
    I don’t know if it’s been because I don’t eat toaster strudels that often, if I got a bad batch, or what, but these seemed awfully lighter than what I remember!
    The chocolate version is great though! Satisfied my chocolate craving head on. Ooey, gooey chocolate everywhere and nothing bad to say whatsoever, other than not really being an aesthetic thing to try and take a picture of because it’s so messy xD
    t1xph1rd8qpy.jpeg
    f3befhhc5c4z.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    I don’t know if it’s been because I don’t eat toaster strudels that often, if I got a bad batch, or what, but these seemed awfully lighter than what I remember!
    The chocolate version is great though! Satisfied my chocolate craving head on. Ooey, gooey chocolate everywhere and nothing bad to say whatsoever, other than not really being an aesthetic thing to try and take a picture of because it’s so messy xD
    t1xph1rd8qpy.jpeg
    f3befhhc5c4z.jpeg

Omg this looks amazing. I plan to buy especially after the Cinnabon ones I bought the other day were so good.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    arya8 wrote: »
    Today I tried quest pizza. I had pepperoni and supreme. I really liked them. The crust was crispy and it didn’t really have any taste but as a whole it was comparable to other frozen pizzas. jzddtdk0wfet.jpeg
    0d9hq5ibabzm.jpeg

It looks amazing,someone else has tried it on here and said it was just ok and that the crust was weird but I'm cool with that cuz I'm more of a sauce/topping kind of girl,I can't wait to try it for myself,thanks for the review <3
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Just tried the Archer Farms Mint Cookies & Cream (330 calories per pint).

Pros: Not overly minty, decent amount of cookies in the pint, reminiscent of Edy's ice cream
    Cons: Not an overly exciting flavor, would probably be cheaper to buy Edy's Slow Churned Mint