New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    Score! I found the Oreo Cool Whip at Dollar Tree and....why did I buy two? This stuff is so freakin' good!
  • ColorMe_Beautiful24
    ColorMe_Beautiful24 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    I get a monthly healthy foods subscription box and yesterday's box contained a few items from a small company called Wonky Kitchen:

http://wonkykitchen.com/

They sent me the kale and coconut chips and the Queso Broccoli Wafers. Both were surprisingly good, but man are they pricey if I wanted to buy them myself!

I will try this here......
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Score! I found the Oreo Cool Whip at Dollar Tree and....why did I buy two? This stuff is so freakin' good!

Glad you found I! I'm scared to open mine with these reviews lol
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »

Do it do it do it. Why should the rest of us be the only ones suffering? :p

It took me half an hour to get home after buying them so they were properly thawed for the "OF COURSE I HAVE TO HAVE A LITTLE TASTE" taste test. One tiny taste before I went out to finish my walk turned into 3 servings.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options

Do it do it do it. Why should the rest of us be the only ones suffering? :p

It took me half an hour to get home after buying them so they were properly thawed for the "OF COURSE I HAVE TO HAVE A LITTLE TASTE" taste test. One tiny taste before I went out to finish my walk turned into 3 servings.

I haven’t even tried it thawed, I keep mine frozen so it’s still like ice cream o: I would eat it WAY too fast if it was thawed!
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Still no reviews on those Quest pizzas?

I'm eating mine tonight, will be sure to post!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    u7vu5po7l374.jpeg
    9g5waxj45thm.jpeg
    2zasiq87cr4i.jpeg
    ka3zywscht7x.jpeg
    c1hkhdnuf8nn.jpeg
    Clif Zbars changed the formula. The calories are now 140-150 per bad (used to be 110 then changed to 120-130 now again). They are really much more chewy and moist now and I don't like it. I liked how they were drier before. and not as "doughy". When you hold them out, they flop over. The consistency is just off now. Too bad because I loved these bars before. They used to have more of a cookie like texture. :/81QDMihFvJL._SL1500_.jpg

Oh gosh, please ignore all the typos in this..... LOL. That's what I get for trying to post using speak text on my phone and now it's too late to edit.

My daughter and I love the Z bars the oatmeal and brownie are my favs

I loved for years too! The chocolate brownie and chocolate chip and s'mores were my favorite. I loved the honey graham before they discontinued it too. I wonder if you've had the new ones because I am not a fan of the new change. Just noticed the change in my new boxes I got today. I like how they used to be more like a soft baked cookie, now the texture is different.

I was going to pickup a box because they are one sale but you have me thinking twice. I could sure go for the oatmeal cookie bar with a glass of almond milk right now.

I just had a chocolate brownie and it tasted the same. Hoping it was just the melting and resolidifying in the hot weather that did something. I wrote to them to ask if they changed the formula so I'll let you know.

Sorry to keep posting about these but can you see how the consistency is different than the more “cookie/bread” they usually are? More like the regular clif bars now in mini form. Very flat and pliable. They still taste good just not as good. Just always bums me out when my favorite brands change something I love. Let me know if you try them you will know new ones since they have more calories.

I think it's because they have some new products in the works.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    u7vu5po7l374.jpeg
    9g5waxj45thm.jpeg
    2zasiq87cr4i.jpeg
    ka3zywscht7x.jpeg
    c1hkhdnuf8nn.jpeg
    Clif Zbars changed the formula. The calories are now 140-150 per bad (used to be 110 then changed to 120-130 now again). They are really much more chewy and moist now and I don't like it. I liked how they were drier before. and not as "doughy". When you hold them out, they flop over. The consistency is just off now. Too bad because I loved these bars before. They used to have more of a cookie like texture. :/81QDMihFvJL._SL1500_.jpg

Oh gosh, please ignore all the typos in this..... LOL. That's what I get for trying to post using speak text on my phone and now it's too late to edit.

My daughter and I love the Z bars the oatmeal and brownie are my favs

I loved for years too! The chocolate brownie and chocolate chip and s'mores were my favorite. I loved the honey graham before they discontinued it too. I wonder if you've had the new ones because I am not a fan of the new change. Just noticed the change in my new boxes I got today. I like how they used to be more like a soft baked cookie, now the texture is different.

I was going to pickup a box because they are one sale but you have me thinking twice. I could sure go for the oatmeal cookie bar with a glass of almond milk right now.

I just had a chocolate brownie and it tasted the same. Hoping it was just the melting and resolidifying in the hot weather that did something. I wrote to them to ask if they changed the formula so I'll let you know.

Sorry to keep posting about these but can you see how the consistency is different than the more “cookie/bread” they usually are? More like the regular clif bars now in mini form. Very flat and pliable. They still taste good just not as good. Just always bums me out when my favorite brands change something I love. Let me know if you try them you will know new ones since they have more calories.

I think it's because they have some new products in the works.

Like cookies?!?!? YOU ARE KILLING ME WITH THE SUSPENSE for this and the new quest things MY FRIEND. :D
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    yxs4dw4fz8y9.jpg
    Not bad, these have a straightforward caramel flavor and texture. I prefer Biena's salted caramel chickpeas though with their coating that's similar to what you get with a chocolate covered pretzel.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    For those near a Kroger, the Free Friday item today is 6 oz AirHead candy. It's a good time to try the new ones someone posted about a while back.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    xomfeo8x0gjh.jpg

New Baskin Robbins "Freak Shakes"... these don't even look good to me haha.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    xomfeo8x0gjh.jpg

New Baskin Robbins "Freak Shakes"... these don't even look good to me haha.

Or that freaky.... Those things are getting extreme in other places!
  • pancakerunner
    edited July 2018
    Options
    qxdatsl3qjtl.jpg

https://www.truwomen.com/collections/protein-bars-women

I'm not a woman, so definitely not the target market. But my mom loves them. Not sure if I've seen anyone post about these so figured I'd share.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    qxdatsl3qjtl.jpg

I'm not a woman, so definitely not the target market. But my mom loves them. Not sure if I've seen anyone post about these so figured I'd share.

What makes them just for women? Lol
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    FL_Hiker wrote: »
    qxdatsl3qjtl.jpg

What makes them just for women? Lol

The branding I guess. Like Luna Bars used to position themselves as the "nutrition bar for women."
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I had this for lunch today. Very good. I warmed it up on my panini press for 8 mins. 380 calories in the whole thing and very filling. They had other flavours too so I’ll be trying them all z6jxkwgy5zxv.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    qxdatsl3qjtl.jpg

I posted a few times about these saying I wanted to try them and was wondering if anyone did! They are sending me samples so I will be sure to let you guys know if they are any good.
  • asonrody
    asonrody Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Kalex1975 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Still no reviews on those Quest pizzas?

I'm eating mine tonight, will be sure to post!

I've heard some people gripe about price-to-serving ratio of the Quest pizzas ($7 at Target for 2 servings). Size is similar to those Totino's Party Pizzas that retail for like $2.

But like many other premium-esque, health/nutrition brands,you're paying for the quality of the product. So make with it what you will. :)

Totinos is the Wish of pizza. Sure it's cheap but you're getting what you're paying for, which is a low quality pizza. If you want better, be prepared to cough up more money.